• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, we have Japan, New York and France, where next?

Where should Gen 7 be located?

• Total voters

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I was wondering this for a few days, since we've had Japan, New York and now France, where is Gen 7 gonna be set? (Gen 6 if we're lucky)...
Maybe Australia or the UK? I can't wait to meet a Trainer named Niall.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Honestly hoping the Africas. We need the origins of humans in the Pokemon universe and where better to tell it than a region based on the one continent where past humans migrated from.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
On a side note, the region of Orre (from Pokemon Colosseum/XD) is said to be based off Arizona too.

I would like to see what they do with Australia, haha. We've got a bunch of weird animals they can use too. They'd just have to put less focus on desert areas than what we actually have, haha.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
yeah i would like to see an africa setting or some remote regions :p

(e.g. Philippines) xD

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
I want to see a region based on overall Asia, actually. That'd be huge.

Or it could just be East Asian countries, excluding Japan, haha. Would like to see an Australia based region tho. Sounds interesting.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Middle east, most notably Dubai or Saudi Arabia.I would love to see some more caves and deserts than the usual "routes" we have. If you go to NYC, Japan or France and you find patches of grass with like bunnies popping out of them, lemme know.... :/
Instead, it'll be more realistic of they take a desert region like Aljiria or any middle-eastern country for that mattewr, and spead caves and tunnels. And in the middle east, there are a lot of developed places. The tallest building in the world is in Abu-Dabi,im sure they'll manage to do something with that.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
omg Pokemon is not meant to be realistic, genius. -_-.

I want an Australia region like others have said and if one of the legendaries isn't based off of a Bunyip I'll scream. And there better be a koala and a more kangaroo looking Pokemon,(fighting maybe?) kangaskhan looks nothing like a kangaroo other than the pouch.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Maybe something similar to Hoenn, based off the former British empire?

You'd have the island itslef, and then such diverse regions as the Egypt, India, Sudan, Australia, parts of the Caribbean, Canada, the 13 Colonies, etc.

But with such a vast world, they'd have to put a much larger focus on the adventuring aspect to keep it interesting- which I really want. The Pokémon world has a constantly growing and rich lore behind it- why limit players to simply eight badges and the league?

There can be so much more to do and explore.

And I don't want to have to chase after spinoff games such as Mystery Dungeon to get the chance.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
omg Pokemon is not meant to be realistic, genius. -_-.

I want an Australia region like others have said and if one of the legendaries isn't based off of a Bunyip I'll scream. And there better be a koala and a more kangaroo looking Pokemon,(fighting maybe?) kangaskhan looks nothing like a kangaroo other than the pouch.

You could be less offensive. :[
I personally would not buy a game based off of Australia...Too many kangaroo and koala based pokemon i guess.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
You could be less offensive. :[
I personally would not buy a game based off of Australia...Too many kangaroo and koala based pokemon i guess.

No Australia's fauna are definitely not limited to those!!
Platypus, the extinct Tasmanian tiger, wombat, shark, coral, weedy sea dragon, leafy sea dragon, tiger quoll, frilled neck dragons, sugar glider, goanna, emu and more. It's obviously more than kangaroos and koala. -_-
I swear I can even create a Pokedex with Native Aussie animals! >:(

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yes australia, all the Pokemon's will be vicious and the legendaries will be a drop bear and a bunyip the 3 starters will be an emu, koala and a kangaroo because that's like the only animal non Aussies no about. The champion of the e4 will be the hilltop hoods and you get shanked within the first 5 minutes of the game. Welcome to Australia.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Yes australia, all the Pokemon's will be vicious and the legendaries will be a drop bear and a bunyip the 3 starters will be an emu, koala and a kangaroo because that's like the only animal non Aussies no about. The champion of the e4 will be the hilltop hoods and you get shanked within the first 5 minutes of the game. Welcome to Australia.

The Bunyip should be a legendary, leave the Water for platypus! {:3}
Aussie has a great potential, we'll take a look at the real life locations of Straya that I'm familiar with
Great Barrier Reef
greatBarrierReef_2434464b.jpg

You need a desert? They have one filled with red sand! Great Victoria Desert
300px-Great_Victoria_Desert2.jpg

Uluru (Ayers Rock)
uluru-national-park_6632_600x450.jpg

Gondwana Rainforests
4594719839_74e5da8321_o.jpg

Last edited:
Years
I do agree with Chuckles, Marcin and Makoto. Australia is, as Makoto said, a place with some very unique plant and animal species, a lot of which we haven't seen turn into Pokemon yet. It's not just a place full of kangaroos and koalas, and having it made into a Pokemon region would be something I heavily approve of.

See, there's more to Australia than you think. The species there are so unique there are some you won't find anywhere else! Game Freak, do it.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Makoto Tachiba said:
Gondwana Rainforests
4594719839_74e5da8321_o.jpg

There is a picture of that at my mothers house it was at night time it looks fantastic.

I think drop bears would come in hrde battles and strike first. At the beaches you have the option to go surfing and catch some rare pokemon. Instead of a bicycle you get a mountain bike (motorised) to traverse the terrain. Fossil pokemn would have a larger influence maybe have a wider range of new ones i.e. Tasmanian tiger and stuff. Maybe a dinosaur pokemon or two. I think maybe have some prominent references to Australian history such as the Aboriginals and how unfairly they were treated. Riding pokemon would become even more fun because Australia can become even more barren and who doesn't want to ride a rapidash on the barren waste of desert Australia. I think the dream time stories would influence the game a lot with how pokemon were made possibly a professor who is researching how pokemon came to even exist. Tony Abbott should make a slight cameo yelling "stop the boats" throughout the game never actually doing anything.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years

I do know a lot of australian animals. :|
But they look weird enough to already be in the game...

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
Except basing it on a real existing country, why not making a fantasy country or the FUTURE. Just imagine all the possibilities. Space, weird mountains or floating islands. What do you think about it?
free-space-city-the_144027.jpg

FloatingIslandWyana.jpg

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I hope it's the UK. Mainly because I'd like to explore London in the Pokemon world. :P

I honestly don't know what they'll base the next game on though. :( There doesn't seem to be a pattern, unless they're going for big cities (cough london cough)

Back