The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 28th, 2013, 07:11 PM
voltianqueen
WITH SEAWATER

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
The only GTA game I played in the past was GTA 3, when my cousin left his PS2 at my grandmother's house overnight, so I decided to try it out after watching him play earlier that day. All I did was steal cars and jump off of things lol

So, with that fun memory in mind, I decided to get GTA 5, and I've been addicted! This is the first GTA I've gotten to own and play by myself, and I'm having so much fun just running around and exploring (and dying). I'm just working on the single-player now. I made a character for Online, but I don't know if I'll play much online unless it's with people I know. Either way, my sisters and I are enjoying the game lots!
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Im playing Online right now on PS3, so lemme know if you wanna play alongside my derpy character

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
Poki
Et tu, Brute?

Nature: Calm
I grew up playing GTA: Vice City. It was one of my first games, besides WoW III - Frozen Throne, Serious Sam, CS 1.6 etc... That's why it's my favourite version.

I lost my disc and now I'm trying to find it.

Pairs
Dark Azelf, Nonon & The Alchemyst

Bestie
Nathan

♪♫
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. - Kurt Cobain
Old November 2nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

I've been wondering, i saw it many times on the loading screen: Where do you get a free garage, since they keep telling me i get one if im signed up to the Social Club, but i cant find it >.>

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Bruce Banner
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
I've only played Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V. I've played a little of GTA IV and quite a bit of GTA V. Both very good games, and some of the best free roam games ever made. Rockstar has made some amazing games, this being a couple of them.
Old November 10th, 2013, 07:55 AM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
I have and been played several times : GTA 2,3,VC,( VCS on brother PSP ) SA ( still today going into SAMP,installing CLEO mods,other mods like skins cars,maps. ),4 ( MP was best of it ) , 5 ( Just missions,but after a month I'll go to MP ) ( Did I mention PS rules hehe )

Old November 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Typhon
W a v e ~

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Typhon
Sadly haven't got this game yet, but I'm getting it veery soon! :> I've played GTA IV and GTA: San Andreas and they were both amazing. The idea of GTA is great but there's a lot of 18+ stuff small kids shouldn't bee seeing, especially in GTA V. They also made the map much more bigger, which is great!

I also looove going up a hill then riding down it with a motorbike. Seriously, if you have GTA you should try it. It's really amazing! Also, that fact that you can get a jet is super cool. Make sure you have a big house, park your jet and BAM. How cool!

GTA V online is.... meh. The customization isn't that great, but playing with your friends and whatnot on multiplayer is seriously fun. I've tried it before at a friends house before, and it is nice. The errors and servers really annoy me. Even though Rockstar Studios fixed the problems, they had a ton of problems before which was kinda annoying. They could of have tested it and got some criticism on it first, before releasing it with lots of bugs.
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Selfies with my babies. <3 Except the Elegy, I'm disowning her.

Spoiler:

You would think I would use the Corvette all the time but nope. Mustang has been my car of choice. I just love the sound of those American muscle cars.
Old November 12th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

I spend my 500k to buy a Lamborghini xD
And since Elegy's are free i ususally drive in them since people are real idiots and just blowing up your car ;-;

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I notice this hasn't been posted in for a while, so just some general announcements:

-If you played GTA Online at all during the month of October you should be eligible for a $500,000 stimulus package, so if you haven't played in a while check your bank account, you may be pleasantly surprised!
-The beach bum DLC (free) is out, it isn't too exciting, but there are some new vehicles, cool clothes and such. Bikinis!
-Servers are now running smoothly, the disastrous launch Typhon mentioned with connection and cloud problems is over and most issues are fixed. I know it was very frustrating to play at the beginning but you should be fine now.

ShadowE and I have been playing GTA:Online quite regularly, so if you feel like playing just ask for one of our PSN names, I'd love to have fun with PC folk sometime!

Whatever Shadow posts next I bet he can't beat this pedestrian I found for sexiness
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Same here, i love hanging around in Los Santos making money and RP and just fooling around ^_^

Haha, okay i cant beat that, but i did found Skyla ;P

Spoiler:

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Introvert
Banned

GTA 4 had MUCH better multiplayer. We weren't punished for killing people in free mode and we didn't have to pay for necessities like weapons and ammo.

Couldn't Rockstar just have made two different free roam modes like in Red Dead Redemption? One where killing anyone is fair game, and another where there's no friendly fire at all? GTA 5 really disappointed me with it's online. The single player was cut short for a very restrictive multiplayer experience.
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvert View Post
GTA 4 had MUCH better multiplayer. We weren't punished for killing people in free mode and we didn't have to pay for necessities like weapons and ammo.

Couldn't Rockstar just have made two different free roam modes like in Red Dead Redemption? One where killing anyone is fair game, and another where there's no friendly fire at all? GTA 5 really disappointed me with it's online. The single player was cut short for a very restrictive multiplayer experience.
I have GTA4 too, and although I will say it was very fun there wasn't really a lot to do in free roam. Imagination and role play was the only thing to do besides deathmatch without any sort of progression, which is pointless if you aren't having fun. That might be the ultimate definition of free, but I like their being customisable cars, clothing, some of the in world activites like crate drops, armoured car robberies, convenience store robberies. Overall there's a lot more co-op missions, as well as Golf, I like golf xD. I can still roleplay and just randomly drive around in GTA V too.

Passive mode is just as effective as friendly fire, people would still ram you with helicopter blades, cars and rpgs to kill you in GTA4, it was just as annoying as being shot. You're only punished for destroying personal vehicles, which can be a bit unfair but there are ways to destroy peoples cars without getting bad sport, they also made it so you need to destroy a lot more cars to get that status in the recent patch.
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

I agree... GTA IV was boring online. And you can always start a solo session or a session with friends :)

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

For those not in the know the 1.07 patch brought us the Content Creator! It's a Beta version, but we can now create our own custom deathmatches and races. Also, you have one chance to change your characters opinion so give it a shot! I will put up a photo of mine later

Edit: My character

Last edited by Limerent; December 11th, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

YES! Finally i can make my lvl 30 character into Skyla hehehehehehe

Rockstar... you are a GOD :D

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 14th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Sigh... A hacker just gave me a billion dollars in GTA:O. Or it could be one hundred million, it doesn't make much difference :D Now money means nothing to me. I'm sort of sad with Rockstar for making a system that relies more on grinding for cash than fun gameplay, then having the balls to leech money, $20 for 1.25mil in virtual cash. What a cash cow. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, but I sort of see what introvert meant now, GTA IV had a cleaner focus to it.

If you want cars modified let me know, that's the only way I can share this. Or setting endless bounties.
Old December 15th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Darn thats horrible to hear. I love making money on my own by starting jobs who gave me a ton of money, but with hackers now im GTA V...

Anywho i just hope i wont get a billion... that'd be no fun, though id love to get a better apartment and a car xD

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 15th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Knormageddon
Yep, the hacked thing happened to me too (same lobby), and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. Yesterday was actually my first 'full' day playing GTA:O, so I'm only level 7-8 ish. With $123 million in my bank, I feel a bit cheated, haha. I bought an apartment + a garage full of cars, but I almost wish that I had earned them properly. Oh well. I just hope I don't run into a level hack.
Old December 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knormageddon View Post
Yep, the hacked thing happened to me too (same lobby), and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. Yesterday was actually my first 'full' day playing GTA:O, so I'm only level 7-8 ish. With $123 million in my bank, I feel a bit cheated, haha. I bought an apartment + a garage full of cars, but I almost wish that I had earned them properly. Oh well. I just hope I don't run into a level hack.
Oh well, I'm sure we can find a way to blow that money somehow. Strip club, here I come!
*6months later* I think i'm becoming immune to these pixelated boobies... :O There must be some ridiculously stupid stuff we can do, like get a bunch of the most expensive cars, modify them, put them on top of submarines and drop them in a pile at the bottom of the ocean so we can take a cool picture. Ummm.
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
Oh well, I'm sure we can find a way to blow that money somehow. Strip club, here I come! ;)
*6months later* I think i'm becoming immune to these pixelated boobies... :O There must be some ridiculously stupid stuff we can do, like get a bunch of the most expensive cars, modify them, put them on top of submarines and drop them in a pile at the bottom of the ocean so we can take a cool picture. Ummm.
Heads over to the Strip Club to strip for money ;)
Just give me all the Bugatti's... Im known for getting expensive cars into the water without even wanting to ;)

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 16th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Welp. I got reverse-hacked again. $150 million this time. Brings my total bank now to $270,250,073.

Anybody want anything while I'm on? Haha.
Old December 17th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Now i wish i could be playing GTA haha
Not to get hacked, but just to get at least a apartment as i wasted my money on a silly garage

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old December 21st, 2013, 12:46 AM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Well, I'm not sure what the deal is with being given albatross amount of money... But it happened again. Thanks to Billye049, I guess...

The fact that I can do this, kinda makes me upset:

Old December 21st, 2013, 01:12 AM
Libra
Community Supporter

Ugh i just feel horrible for ya'll who get this. It ruins all the fun of making money yourself to get something you really want. Ill be able to play with yall tomorrow night :D

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here