• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, we have Japan, New York and France, where next?

Where should Gen 7 be located?

• Total voters

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Just gonna agree with everyone who said either somewhere in Australia or Africa, at least those are two that are very likely to happen. It seems as though they're trying to focus more on the environment the games take place in, now that the graphics actually have a relatively important role in comparison to waay back in the day of the originals, so naturally they're gonna try to give the games a setting which is both interesting and would be great to explore, and well, both Africa and Australia allow for that. Though obviously there are loads of other places in the world that this could apply to as well, so maybe they're gonna surprise us :p I definitely don't think it's gonna be the UK though, mainly because it wouldn't be quite as interesting when it comes to the environment, sorry :(

Reactions: Sun

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Like a few above have mentioned. It would be great to have the 7th gen based in portions of Africa. So much diversity, so much differences in culture and language, and abundance of different animals. Lots of inspiration and ideas for future Pokemon and town names could come from varying places across Africa.

Or to have it based either in Scandinavia or the Balkans in Europe.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
North Pole or another 100% snowish place! I want to see a snow-only region. That would be awesome. #snowloversunite

Guy

just a guy
Years
Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom are my top three; New Zealand being my first choice.

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
No one mentioned Western Washington State... there's Puget Sound, a strait of water surrounded by lowlands, highlands and mountains, a big lake with an island on it and overall it's probably the greatest mix of land and water I've seen in an area no more than a hundred miles wide ;P

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
No one mentioned Western Washington State... there's Puget Sound, a strait of water surrounded by lowlands, highlands and mountains, a big lake with an island on it and overall it's probably the greatest mix of land and water I've seen in an area no more than a hundred miles wide ;P

Yes. And we're also quite diverse. Though we are lacking a general shape for the region to me.

Heres my top 3:
1) New Zealand with part of austraila. So we get part of the mainland with Sydney and a island.
2) We could get the UK and it could be connected to Kalos by the channel tunnel.
3) Florida, though swamplands were annoying in sinnoh and kalos (why were they there? :P

Years
It'll have to be a place where the developers can go and do some first-hand research. As much as they just throw whatever Pokemon into a region they feel like, they've made an effort to have the places be reminiscent of the real areas they're based on. So Australia wouldn't be picked just because Australia has all those unusual animals. They'd want to pick it because it's got all kinds of landscapes and culture that could find its way into the games.

And that's why I don't think they'll go to places like Africa or the Middle East. Lots of places there aren't too safe or friendly so they won't send people there. Australia seems like it would be a pretty good pick, but so does the UK. The UK though is bound to be a lot like France, or at least more so than New York is, so that doesn't seem like as much of a change as a place like Australia would be.

Wouldn't mind if they picked somewhere in Asia like Taiwan or South Korea, or if they went to South America or the Caribbean.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
Yes. And we're also quite diverse. Though we are lacking a general shape for the region to me.

Heres my top 3:
1) New Zealand with part of austraila. So we get part of the mainland with Sydney and a island.
2) We could get the UK and it could be connected to Kalos by the channel tunnel.
3) Florida, though swamplands were annoying in sinnoh and kalos (why were they there? :P

What do you mean by ««lacking a general shape»»?

I would keep New Zealand and Australia separate... do you have any idea just how large the Tasman Sea really is?

As for the UK and connection with France, that may seem interesting, but I don't know how that would work out in practice..

And I don't know much about Florida...

It'll have to be a place where the developers can go and do some first-hand research. As much as they just throw whatever Pokemon into a region they feel like, they've made an effort to have the places be reminiscent of the real areas they're based on. So Australia wouldn't be picked just because Australia has all those unusual animals. They'd want to pick it because it's got all kinds of landscapes and culture that could find its way into the games.

And that's why I don't think they'll go to places like Africa or the Middle East. Lots of places there aren't too safe or friendly so they won't send people there. Australia seems like it would be a pretty good pick, but so does the UK. The UK though is bound to be a lot like France, or at least more so than New York is, so that doesn't seem like as much of a change as a place like Australia would be.

Wouldn't mind if they picked somewhere in Asia like Taiwan or South Korea, or if they went to South America or the Caribbean.

I agree about the accessibility issue, some parts of the world aren't so well suited to in-depth exploration.. New York City and northern France seem to be more accessible than most and they have plenty of interesting attractions and features that could be incorporated into a Pokémon game, and I don't know many others that are sufficiently accessible and have enough points of interest.

The Pacific Northwest in western Washington, in my opinion has plenty of interesting landscapes that aren't too difficult to access.. between the mountains in the east and west, the lakes and estuary in the middle, the big cities on each side of the biggest lake, a forest area between two big lakes and plenty of other things... for what more could we ask?

I do admit I may be biased in giving a brief overview of one particular region and certainly there may be others that are quite similar to what I described but I have lived in the west side of Washington State for many years and I don't know any other regions well enough.. A close second would be the Auckland area in New Zealand, which from what I've seen looks like it could be done, but I don't know it well enough to really suggest it here..

Years
Would California be nice? It's got mountain barriers, it's got seas, it's got valleys, it's got desert, it's got rainforest. And it's got super techy cities and super huge cities too :P Maybe a condensed version of the West Coast?

Years
UK wouldn't really be as interesting as several other countries that haven't been covered. Animals there are common, nothing that would amuse you, climate is average, just a standard sort of area which I don't think would be a good setting for a Pokemon game.

I would like to see Australia, though. Like some others have mentioned, they have all sorts of animals that are unique to the country or are rare around the world. The country is very different to many parts of the world and it would make for an excellent game setting, in my opinion.

I wonder if there is ever going to be a game that is located in Space. Now that would be interesting and different. Maybe, just maybe, they will resort to that.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Maybe Ireland or Spain, or even connect parts of North Africa to Spain, that would make the layout more interesting.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd love to see them base a region off Ireland (or any other similar countries), personally. It could consist of small towns and villages, instead of big, flashy cities. There would be a lot of caves and tunnels to get through, but their obstacles wouldn't be too hard. The routes would contain a bunch of tall grasses, and there'd a couple of rocks laying around here and there. Most grass, rock, and water-type Pokémon would be native to this region, as well as a few flying, such as Aerodactyl, Pidgeot, and Archeops. In the main villages, perhaps they could have huge-looking statues featuring some of the region's legendary Pokémon. d: Also, some towns could have adobe houses, maybe, like in Mexico, Africa, India, etc. etc. I don't know how many people would enjoy exploring this region, exactly, but me, I definitely would!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Space, koff~

The last frontier known to man. These are the voyages of the Poketrek Illumise. Going where no Pikachu has gone before!

Just joking. I think we'll have some more flavors along the way. Perhaps we'll get an Arctic adventure? Or maybe we'll visit some where tropical? I don't know. All I know is that as long as it isn't based on Florida, I'll be happy, koffi~

Years
How about the Philippines, lots lots and lots of Tropius Exeggutor and Krookodile lol

And lots and lots of syndicates around here too. They should make another game where you will take on multiple syndicates like in Emerald.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
The UK, would fit as a secondary region, as people have stated, not much to see there, so it could be a secondary region, and the Elite 4 and Champion could be One Direction, haha, or a parody of them.
If we had Italy, it wouldn't be much different from Kalos, Greece would be nice, it would be full of legends.

Back