Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Bad Habits - Gaming Edition

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old November 2nd, 2013 (04:32 AM).
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Silver Tier

Nature: Serious
We all have 'em. In life and, especially, in video games. So, what habits, that you would consider "bad", compromise your gaming personality/life? It could be from skipping cutscenes to leaving your discs out of their cases. So let's hear it, if you care to share.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (04:36 AM).
I am the Scorpion King B[
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
In RTS games: Getting upgrades before tech units
I dunno why i do this, i just want to have a advantage in upgrades at the cost of a bigger army xD

In CoD zombies i keep gambling at the Mystery Box till i get a LMG or a Wonder Weapon, and i waste tons of points in the process xP

Destiny gear | Twitter | Video Games | #TheHunt (Destiny Edition): 13/22
Old November 2nd, 2013 (12:42 PM).
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by ShadowExcadrill:
In RTS games: Getting upgrades before tech units
I dunno why i do this, i just want to have a advantage in upgrades at the cost of a bigger army xD

In CoD zombies i keep gambling at the Mystery Box till i get a LMG or a Wonder Weapon, and i waste tons of points in the process xP
I do the same thing in RTS games. Certain ones don't upgrade all of your units and structures that are already made once you upgrade and I hate that. When I create my units/structures I want them to be as powerful as they can be so I tend to lack in defense and focus to much on upgrades and resource collecting in the beginning.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (01:34 PM).
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
Saving after I know I've probably already saved. Well, it's not a bad habit, but I get the feeling that I'm wasting time and will forever be behind by a few seconds in all my life's endeavours.

Ah, but the biggest offender would be reloading weapons when I don't need to, leaving me unnecessarily vulnerable. Maybe that's part of why I like shotguns with tubular magazines — one can stop the reload partway through and not have it be for nothing. Indeed, constantly reloading can be an integral part of using shotguns effectively as the short-range weapons they are in video games. This all reminds me of the Hunting Shotgun in Fallout: New Vegas; amazing weapon if one has the Shotgun Surgeon perk and good Agility, but the reload animation could easily glitch if one moved while reloading.
Old November 2nd, 2013 (02:03 PM).
Forever and Ever

Nature: Relaxed
The main one that comes to mind is repeating the same mistake over and over even though I'm well aware what is causing the death (especially in Super Meat Boy).

Pink Moon is on its way.

Old November 2nd, 2013 (10:11 PM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Leaving disc's in another games cover, leaving the disc's out of their covers and deleting my file for the thousandth time to start fresh and never complete it. xD
Old November 3rd, 2013 (01:32 AM).

Nature: Quirky
OK~

1. Doing multiple things just to see what would happen, then restarting the game.

2. Get bored of a game halve way through.

3. Forgetting about the game I'm playing... And forgetting to turn it off.

And restarting on animal crossing just to annoy resetti
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links