The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Old October 19th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
I think the new tiles look great. But I was wondering, how are you going to expand on the storyline? It seems as if its missing something... unique I guess.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old October 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayCay98 View Post
I think the new tiles look great. But I was wondering, how are you going to expand on the storyline? It seems as if its missing something... unique I guess.
I am not entirly sure what I am going to do. I think I am going to focus more on gameplay rather than story. I find if your game runs smoothly, it will be much more popular than a game with a good story. (althought I know story is important, I am going to work on that as I go along)

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old October 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
PurpleCharizardZX
PurpleCharizard here!!

Nature: Calm
Nice storyline, good luck!

Old October 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCharizardZX View Post
Nice storyline, good luck!
Thanks! If anyone wants to see, I posted a picture of the starting town in the maps revirew thread!

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty
What font did you use for Battle Brown? And who else is working on the hack besides you and the beta testers? btw I know I've said this before but your titlescreen. Beautiful.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old October 20th, 2013, 02:56 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayCay98 View Post
What font did you use for Battle Brown? And who else is working on the hack besides you and the beta testers? btw I know I've said this before but your titlescreen. Beautiful.
Well no one is currently working on my hack other then me!
The title screen was made by Karatekid552! I hired him to make it (so I also paid him to do it) but other then that (and beta testers) I have been making the whole thing!

The font as given to me by the same guy who is currently making pokemon cobalt. I would ask him!

However, even though I am making my game on my own, I need some help! I am trying to find a good spriter to work with! So if anyone who is reading this knows of a spriter who is willing to be a part of this ROM, let me know!

Old October 20th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Airikita

*GASP!* I saw the multiple options of starters, and I'm seriously in awe. I ADORE the screenshots! The storyline is just awesomeness. :3

Did you make multiple scripts for the starting Pokemon selection?

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airikita View Post
*GASP!* I saw the multiple options of starters, and I'm seriously in awe. I ADORE the screenshots! The storyline is just awesomeness. :3

Did you make multiple scripts for the starting Pokemon selection?
Yeah I did! I really think getting to choose form any starter out of the three genertations is really cool, and not enough people do it!

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it! I am planning on adding mroe screenshots when I have more of the game finished, but I am working on OWs and such right now so it's kind of a pain in the ass right now!

Old October 21st, 2013, 10:24 AM
Jet Pilot
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
If this takes place 3 days after a giant war.

You may want to change tiles alot, because at the moment it doesn't look post-war times.
Also, the story seems pretty good, let's just hope it turns out good in gameplay.

Also, you've not used the [Red_FR] command in XSE to make the font red from talking to a female NPC.
Also the name WINNIPEG sounds strange and not very town-like?
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...eg_vacations-i

Looks good, I'll definitely try it out.

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old October 21st, 2013, 10:26 AM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
uwaaa~ I've been following this for a while, looking at the awesome updates you bring. Keep up the work, and I can't wait to play the beta

I also like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon FireRed Throwback Edition, Pokemon Twisted Mind, Pokemon: The Fae Stones, Pokemon Expert Emerald, Pokemon Sigma Emerald, Pokemon Crystaldust, Pokemon Steam (Shining Waters/Hazing Flames. Side note: they are in need of scripters) and many more I forgot to mention.

United by blood and fate.

This isn't said that much (probably, I don't know), but I would like to give every ROM Hacker my sincerest thanks, as they all work so hard to build the games that we play. Since they work so hard, I think that we players should respect what they do by giving them support as well as being patient while they work. If you want to see a taste of what they do, I suggest you head over to the R&D section of ROM Hacking. Again, I would like to give every ROM hacker my thanks, and I hope that everything goes well, from flags to tables to offsets to patches.
Old October 25th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

In-depth Review, courtesy of Winter!
The Story
Personally, I like the aspect of losing your father. It makes you question about the war and see what it’s like; maybe even find him. I’m assuming the central plot is to find your father, which ultimately ties in with Deoxys. I like that you didn’t mention anything of an evil team, as that seemed too typical. However, the war between the regions begs the question if you can travel to both of the involved regions.

Gameplay
My first issue is that the game is also a 386 patch. I feel like that is entirely too many Pokémon to put into a game. It leads to almost never running into the same Pokémon in a different route. I feel like the biggest a Pokedex should be is, maybe, 180. This carries on in the idea of every legendary being included. I feel like that makes it less about the Pokémon being a legendary instead of just something to collect. I feel like games should follow the example set forth by Nintendo. One of the small legendaries(Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, etc.), a set of roaming legendaries/trio(Birds, beasts, and Lati@s) and one major legendary, maybe two. But, to include every single legendary kind of feels excessive. I do like the idea of sidequests, although these have to be interesting enough to not be deemed a waste of time to do. I have confidence that you can make your sidestories worthy. I do enjoy the idea of the puzzles, and I look forward to messing with them.

Screenshots
I enjoy the titlescreen, and the world map looks lovely—thankfully not too many water routes. The tiles look magnificent, but I do take issue with the starters. Like I said with the 386 and legendaries, it feels excessive.
The question you asked

New tiles are never necessary. They’re nice to have, however, I find that it’s best to use the tiles you’re comfortable with. So, if you’re most comfortable using FRLG tiles, stick to those. Don’t sacrifice quality just for graphics.

All in all, I am definitely looking forward to playing this hack, Awipe. Best of luck! If you need any help, or just wanna mull ideas around, feel free to talk to me. :D

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Nuclearpoypoy

Very interesting storyline I would definitely consider to make a let's play of this on my channel.
Old November 17th, 2013, 09:56 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclearpoypoy View Post
Very interesting storyline I would definitely consider to make a let's play of this on my channel.
Oh I would love that! It would be perfect! What's your youtube channel?

Old November 17th, 2013, 10:38 PM
GiratinaRider

I'll be beta tester I'm 13 so have lots of time on my hands and this hack looks awesome so I would love to!

Old November 18th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
I like the tiles, it looks full of life. Very, very full of life.
I kinda hate the back sprite on the male hero, gives me weird shivers.
Well, the scripts are fine. But you need to fit every sentence in every
single text box you wrote on it. The title screen stands out at least.
Good luck on completing this!
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Nuclearpoypoy

It's nuclearpoypoy and it's profile image is a guitar.
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
mydrago
Gen III Hacker EM/SS Fan

Nature: Timid
The title screen looks awsome
And the tiles looks awsome
I can't wait for the first beta comes out

Last edited by mydrago; November 19th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old January 20th, 2014, 12:20 PM
JosefigGaming

This hack looked so promissing!
HAve you given up on it?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here