Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Lord Scalgon
What title?

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Lord Scalgon

Advertise here

INTRODUCTION
=====================
First off, I'm Lord Scalgon, an on-and-off Pokémon RNG abuser who is also a former top 200 in the world in 2v2 arranged in StarCraft II and a competitive Yu-Gi-Oh player. From time to time, I also work on games whenever I have the free time. That's all I'll post for this part.

GAME INFO
=====================
Apparently, this isn't truly the real thing for my real game (Extreme Perplexity), but is a mandatory add-on as a mini-game for it. I've decided to take my time off of working on the real thing simply for the purpose of brainstorming future ideas. As for this mini-game, I intend to create 100 rounds of dodging, but as of the time I posted (or edited) this thread, I only made a total of 30 rounds. Even then, it still may be challenging for others.

There will be four difficulties for this game, and I'll simply describe the changes for these difficulties:
  • Easy - You begin with 250 life, with life regeneration (lasts throughout the entire game except for intermissions and boss rounds). However, there are no bonus multiplier powerups.
  • Normal - You begin with 200 life. Only 2x bonus multiplier powerups will exist in this difficulty.
  • Hard - You begin with 150 life. Only 2x and 3x bonus multiplier powerups will exist in this difficulty.
  • Lunatic - You begin with 100 life. 2x, 3x, and 4x bonus multiplier powerups will exist in this difficulty.
  • Hardcore - You begin with only 1 life, and you can only gain life after clearing every round. (This feature has not been implemented yet.)
[NOTE: Anti-camp flames exist on Hard/Lunatic only.]

FEATURES

=====================
  • 30 rounds of dodging
  • Boss round in every 10th round
  • Scoring system (though the high score has yet to be implemented despite the HUD display)
STORY
=====================
Not available. This was intended to be a mini-game, nothing else. As said, the real thing is not available......yet.

SCREENSHOTS
=====================
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

VIDEO
=====================
Video 1 (only video so far)

DOWNLOAD LINK
=====================
Beta version v1.02.

VERSION CHANGES
=====================
v1.02
  • Fixed a bug in which Round 4 on Hard mode is endless.

v1.01
  • Missing obstacles render later rounds too easy, even on Hard/Lunatic.
  • Bonus Round 2 homing flames fixed.

KNOWN ISSUES
=====================
  • Random obstacles do not randomly disappear.
  • Anti-camp flame does not reappear in certain rounds.
  • Other obstacles fail to appear in later rounds.

Expect other random bugs to occur (and I'm aware of the possible lag as well). You'll likely need a decent computer to run this. These will be hopefully fixed in the next version.

MISCELLANEOUS INFO
=====================
If you wish to submit any possible ideas for a round or puzzle, feel free to post here. If you wish to become a beta tester, you are always welcome to. As of the time I first posted this, I was simply all-out solo for this project. Maybe in the future I'll upload YouTube videos of sample runs.
Liu Kang ftw.

YouTube (mostly uploads of bullet hell shmups) || Extreme Perplexity - Dodging Hell (demo game created by me)
[may need voice actors for my puzzle game...VM me if interested]

Last edited by Lord Scalgon; November 14th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here