The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Help Thread General Questions & Answers Thread

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central

View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Yes, but I lost it! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 3rd, 2013 (1:24 PM).

Nature: Calm
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not tell me when i should post this question.

Alright, my question is can you trade the Shiny Charm from B2/W2 to X/Y?

Shinys i have: Pyroar♀ Agislash♀ Braixen♀

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 3rd, 2013 (1:32 PM).
you don't wanna be high like me
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Alright, my question is can you trade the Shiny Charm from B2/W2 to X/Y?
Shiny Charm is a Key Item, so it can only be in B2W2, I'm afraid.

darling all i know are sad songs
super mod | paired to klippy

Old November 3rd, 2013 (1:38 PM).
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscairy View Post
Can the offspring have good IV's even if the parent doesn't?
Yes, in fact, people always start with the crappiest parents.

Quote:
What's the best way to get a shiny from breeding?
trade a pokemon (preferrably Ditto, so you don't ask for another pokemon every time) from other Regions. There's a significantly higher chance (altho still rather small) to get a shiny when you breed a pokemon of your region with one from another.

edit: oh right, that Shiny Charm from Gen V is priceless.

Now, for IV breeding, X/Y have the easiest way around - thanks to Destiny Knot. It's also worthy to note that pokemon from Friend Safari have at least 2 perfect IVs. That said, you may want to find a Friend Safari with Ditto since they are compatible with any pokemon. With perfect-IV Dittos, you can pass down his IVs to any pokemon (well, most) rather easily. It's a repetitive process; and in the end, it all depends on luck.

I can't explain everything without sounding confusing; and many others have created much better breeding guides (such as this one) which are easy to understand and straight to the point. But if there's anything you don't understand from the guides out there, feel free to ask them here.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old November 3rd, 2013 (2:25 PM).

Nature: Bold
I would say go for ideal or second best nature, even if just on Wifi battles. EV training isn't hard either, it usually doesn't take more than a few hours. IV breeding, however, will take awhile especially when you're seeking that one good nature. So.. If you don't want to put the work into it, it's not needed for Wifi battling. It would just give you a nice boost.
Old November 3rd, 2013 (3:46 PM). Edited November 3rd, 2013 by Pika1995.

Nature: Careful
Has anyone here ever played any of the Pokemon Ranger Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokefangunner View Post
Hay everyone i've been wanting to play the 2 PokePark games for a long time, i was wondering what is the gameplay like?? is it a platformer? minigames? battles??? or all of these?? And are the games good?
To answer your question, I've personally never played them, but I have seen other people play it on YouTube, and the gameplay is pretty much all three of those, but the controls for battles are a bit different from a regular Pokemon Game.

For example, in the main Pokemon games you get to choose a move, but in the PokePark games, you have to press a certain button on the Wii Remote. (Example: in PokePark 2, the move ThunderShock is used by aiming at the Pokemon your using it on, and holding the 2 button and releasing it once it looks like its charged, but in PokePark 1 its either the -/+/1 button, I can't remember.)

You also have to do a bit of platforming, but not much. (Mostly in PokePark 2)

For the minigames, you have an explanation of the kind of minigame it is, the goal of it, and the controls.

The Games are overall really fun to watch and play, but if you were to rate it on the story, go for PokePark 2, because 1's story isn't really that interesting, but 2's is really awesome.

I hope this answered most, if not all, of your questions!

-Pika1995
Old November 3rd, 2013 (7:06 PM).

I am about to start pokemon breeding, and I have decided to start with breeding Fennekin. At what level should I put the Delphox into the day care, or does it not matter?
• Pokémon in my Safari •

Old November 3rd, 2013 (7:46 PM).
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscairy View Post
I am about to start pokemon breeding, and I have decided to start with breeding Fennekin. At what level should I put the Delphox into the day care, or does it not matter?
It doesn't matter, just put it in there and wait for an egg. :D

Old November 4th, 2013 (12:15 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika1995 View Post
Yes, I finished Almia and Guardian Signs, not the first one, though.
Why do you ask?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 4th, 2013 (3:47 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote:
I've finished Almia but not Guardian Signs due to an unfortunate incident with the DS.
I've also stopped playing the first because I got tired of it.
Old November 4th, 2013 (7:54 AM).

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yes, I finished Almia and Guardian Signs, not the first one, though.
Why do you ask?
I was just wondering if anyone here liked them, because I did and I think they are really underrated, that's all
Old November 4th, 2013 (11:34 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone here liked them, because I did and I think they are really underrated, that's all
I would have suggested making a thread about Rangers but... you already created one =D
I don't think they are underrated... it's more like... people are skeptical either because of new mechanics or because they actually tried the first Ranger.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 14th, 2013 (7:24 AM).
artist

hi guys
i wanted to know your opinion in witch move set i shold use in my leafeon.
'cus e realy love him and i wanted to use it in my battles.
Old November 14th, 2013 (7:42 AM).
daяk εco frεak

Well you gotta tell us what game this is for. lol Though I think you'd be better suited using Battle Center. Pretty sure there's a thread in there for help with a single Pokemon's moveset, so this would fit in better there.

チュリネ
The leaves on its head grow right back even if they fall out.
These bitter leaves refresh those who eat them. Unless you're a rude ho.
Old November 14th, 2013 (7:47 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by MocasFocas View Post
hi guys
i wanted to know your opinion in witch move set i shold use in my leafeon.
'cus e realy love him and i wanted to use it in my battles.
Could've gone to the Battle Center and posted in the Simple Questions thread, tbh.

Anyway:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 136 HP/120 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll

or
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Return/Double-Edge
-Heal Bell/Baton Pass
EVs: 160 HP/124 Atk/224 Spe

or
-Wish
-Protect
-Leaf Blade
-Heal Bell/Yawn
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Old November 16th, 2013 (10:01 AM).

Im not certain how to explain my problem, but a while ago, I just decided to play Ruby - and then I got kinda back into Pokemon again, and decided to try out X/Y. In Ruby, I caught a Ralts in lvl 4 or so which turned out as my rampaging Pokemon throughout the game. So I decided to get a Ralts again in my X game, as they were catchable very early. I recall I should level my Pokemon by myself to make them as strong as possible, and I think the one I got was around 8-10ish. However, now I have a team of 5 Pokemon, and my Ralts (now evolved into Kirlia or something) is my weakest Pokemon. This is kinda odd, as my previous in Ruby was such a beast. I didnt pay too much attention to the starter stats, I just made sure it did not have a decreasing SP Attack Nature. Her SP Attack now are about 30 or something, while on my starter Pokemon (that fire fox thing) is like 60 ish (I can get the right numbers once I get back on my 3DS). Anyway, she is so extremely weak. When I level her, she also just gets 1, max 2 in SP Attack, while my others gets 2-3 in their Attack or SP Attack. How come?

I have had this trouble before too, I remember using Scizor one time, and in my next game, he was a catastrophe.
Old November 16th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
i want the puppy

Nature: Relaxed
She probably just has lousy IVs. Your Ralts in Ruby, alternatively, may have had a Special Attack boosting nature and fantastic IVs. Each Pokemon's stats are unique to the individual through the EV/IV/Nature system, so sometimes that kind of thing happens. Have you tried Super Training for Special Attack?
Old November 16th, 2013 (11:29 AM).

Does IVs really matter THAT much? IVs are just were the "starter stats" are placed, right? Its not possible she have LOWER than others (in total)? I dont really get that neither, cause her defense feels weaker too. And I bet if I compare her to my starter Pokemon, which also is second-evolved and caught at about the same level, her stats are way lower. I dont know what to expect? Should I aim to have about the same SP Attack as my FireFox?

In my other game, my Gardevoir had a nature to increase Speed. I remember reading about natures a bit after, but I felt she was doing great anyway, even though I would prefer SP A +. The other thing is, I feel like her defense is just way lower than before too. Its really odd, this whole thing.

Also, whats Super Training? I remember reading about certain Pokemon that gives you the desired +stat when you defeat them. Is this it? And if it is, is it the pokemon you defeat when you level up that matters, or is it the whole level?
Old November 16th, 2013 (12:06 PM).
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf91 View Post
Also, whats Super Training? I remember reading about certain Pokemon that gives you the desired +stat when you defeat them. Is this it? And if it is, is it the pokemon you defeat when you level up that matters, or is it the whole level?
You're thinking of EVs. Effort Values. You gain EVs when defeating certain Pokémon and there is a different type of EV for each stat. The more EVs in a stat you gain the higher that stat will go.

Super Training is closely linked however. It's activated through one of the panels on the 3DS touch screen. Super Training is a minigame of sorts which rewards you with EVs in your chosen stat. If you put EVs into your chosen stat, likely Speed and Sp.Attack considering the usual Gardevoir build, it should give them that extra stopping power that you're looking for.
Old November 16th, 2013 (12:41 PM). Edited November 16th, 2013 by mf91.

Ow, okay.. Didnt know about that super training stuff, Ill check it out. Maybe she will get stronger as a Gardevoir. I guess Kirlia in general gets lower stats than my others.

Thanks for replies

EDIT: Upon evolving to Gardevoir, she increased SP Attack from 51 to 91... I guess its just Kirlia thats low in stats :D
Old November 16th, 2013 (2:02 PM).
doesn't work well with others...

Nature: Quirky
Help! I am very bad at managing my team in Pokémon games. I spend all of my time battling with my starter Pokémon because he is the strongest, but then when my starter faints, everyone else is too weak to do anything about the enemy! I have tried using EXP share, but it still doesn't help as much as I need it to to succeed in the game.

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old November 16th, 2013 (2:57 PM).
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatyoudan View Post
Help! I am very bad at managing my team in Pokémon games. I spend all of my time battling with my starter Pokémon because he is the strongest, but then when my starter faints, everyone else is too weak to do anything about the enemy! I have tried using EXP share, but it still doesn't help as much as I need it to to succeed in the game.
why not try battling with your favorites once in a while? or how about capturing the strongest pokemon in the wild and start from there? buying super potions doesn't hurt much, too, if you're still at the beginning of the game..

it may also help if you come up with a team and give each member a role (e.g this guy will take care of dragons, this one will take on rock-types -- regardless of it's typing). That way, you can probably manage your exp distribution more easily.

Old November 16th, 2013 (6:38 PM).
Couldn't Outfox a Donkey

Yeah, as said, EVs and IVs.

IVs affect the core stats heavily, while EVs allow you to boost the stats once the IVs have set out how high they can actually go.

A Pokemon with awful IVs can be EV trained to become... less awful. Meanwhile, an amazing IV Pokemon which is not EV trained never reaches its full potential.

IVs say how high you can jump, and give you the first jump. EVs give you the double jump to be able to make it.
Old November 16th, 2013 (6:44 PM).
daяk εco frεak

Box your starter and go play in the grass. If your starter is boxed, you can't rely on it like you normally would and you'll have to rely on the other Pokemon in your party. Play around there, see which Pokemon you enjoy using, and what you like, you should train to catch up in level with your starter and move on from there.

チュリネ
The leaves on its head grow right back even if they fall out.
These bitter leaves refresh those who eat them. Unless you're a rude ho.
Old November 18th, 2013 (6:10 AM).

Growing up, my parents refused to get a game system that couldn't be shared between my brother and I. So, I never got to play Pokemon, despite really wanting to. Now that I have a 3DS, I decided to buy Pokemon X. Do you guys have any tips for a first time player? Thanks
Old November 18th, 2013 (6:15 AM).
Couldn't Outfox a Donkey

If someone offers an Agumon, it's a scam...

But seriously, it depends on what you want to do/what you need help with. I'm always happy to help if you want to drop me a PM, then there's the question and answer thread for normal questions:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309881

Sponsored Links