Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials
Reload this Page [Essentials tutorial] Pokémon Storage - L and R button

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old November 6th, 2013 (08:24 AM). Edited November 6th, 2013 by Badhaas.

As mentioned before in this post, I've made a small change to the Pokémon storage script a while back to allow switching between boxes with the L and R button (being Q and W on the keyboard respectively). I find this a very nice feature from the original games, and since it wasn't in essentials yet, I decided to code it myself.

How to implement
Go to the "PokemonStorage" script and find "def pbSelectBoxInternal(party)" then scroll down to the following code and add the highlighted section:
Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
        @selection=selection
        return nil
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::L)
        #call function to switch box to the left
        nextbox=(@storage.currentBox==0) ? @storage.maxBoxes-1 : @storage.currentBox-1
        pbSwitchBoxToLeft(nextbox)
        @storage.currentBox=nextbox
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::R)
        #call function to switch box to the Right
        nextbox=(@storage.currentBox==@storage.maxBoxes-1) ? 0 : @storage.currentBox+1
        pbSwitchBoxToRight(nextbox)
        @storage.currentBox=nextbox
      end
    end
  end
This should do the job. If there are any questions, feel free to ask. Any comments or feedback are welcome.

Optional Extra
In the "PokemonStorage" script search for the following line; "def pbSelectPartyInternal(party,depositing)", and do the same as above. This will allow box switching while in the party screen.

View my profile page for scripts/tutorials made by me, even ones which aren't posted yet.
Currently working on a demo for Tales from the Pokémon World (based on the World of Pokémon project)
(note: all projects temporarily postponed)
Old July 14th, 2014 (03:06 PM).
Pokémon Island Creator

The pokémon box sprites don't refresh correctly. For fixing this, put your changes before both lines 'if key>=0' and, after lines '@storage.currentBox=nextbox' (the four made with this change) add line 'key=0'.

Sponsored Links