The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Old October 9th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness

Advertise here
Whenever you're playing your video games, have you ever gotten so absorbed into your game(s) that you won't stop playing them for any reason? If that happens, how often does it happen? & if it didn't happen to you at all, what keeps you from being consumed by your games?

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old October 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
If I am that attached to a game, usually someone steps in and tells me it's time to eat or sleep. Of course, I can just play in bed haha. Hasn't happened in awhile though.
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:41 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_of_darkness View Post
Whenever you're playing your video games, have you ever gotten so absorbed into your game(s) that you won't stop playing them for any reason? If that happens, how often does it happen? & if it didn't happen to you at all, what keeps you from being consumed by your games?
lol I do this ALL the time. so thats two questions answered with one stone lol. And their is only one thing that well prevents me from being consumed.......sleepiness. lol. I find that when I am tired video games become super boring
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
If you mean if I play endlessly for one sitting. Then no. However, if you mean that I fall in love with a game and play continuously until I beat it enough times or get bored, then yes. I get pretty consumed and it affects my sleep and my interaction with real people. Lol.
Old October 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
RedWarrior702
Returning to the community!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to RedWarrior702
I've played quite a few games, but none of them have given me that "never stop" feeling lately. I'm hoping that X and Y will give that to me; I usually find myself picking up a game for only a few minutes and forget about it without really getting into it.
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
I always get excited with new releases, but usually it never makes me play it continuously for more than 12 hours. My sub-conscious probably reminds me (really subtly) that I should stop playing and pay attention to more important matters, i.e. school. That, or to take a break and play something else.
Old October 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I do not get that enough when I get a game, the last game it happened with was My Sim on the Wii.
Old October 10th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
It happens a lot to me - as soon I pick up my games its just hard to quit. I could easily spend hours playing a game before my mind realizes that time has gone by too quickly.

One thing that happens to me a lot, especially at night: I promise myself - 15 more minutes then I'll go to sleep - I look at my clock, another 10 minutes - next thing I know, 2 hours have gone by and I'll say to myself again 5 more minutes - yet another hour goes by [I spend 3 hours playing Sim City 4 - just before typing this message]
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: X - Location: Coumarine City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 1/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 4
Old October 10th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
If I get a new game that I really enjoy, I can find myself playing for extended periods of time, without interruption. One of the most recent games that did it for me was GTA V right after it came out. Not the first night, but the second night I played it I just kept going and going, and when I finally looked at the clock, it was 3:30 AM (thankfully, I didn't have work the next day). That's more of an extreme example for my case, but playing past midnight on games I've just recently got and am addicted to isn't out of the ordinary.
Old October 10th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Sky.

I'm Really Enjoying GTA 5, I Was So Excited When It Was Released And Now I Am Addicted, Haha. xD

It Happens A Lot, But My Most Recent Is GTA 5.
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
I tend to compulsively play games more often than not. Whether there is a new game added to my collection or a game i've owned for a while that still has me re-playing or seeking 100% completion in, I tend to game as a lifestyle and unpaid vocation.

I stay busy, but still find time to game quite copiously. Like the term skaters use,yet flipped, my motto is "Game or Die"

Old October 11th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

The last time that I was truly sucked into a game was when playing Assassin's Creed II. The story was quite intriguing, which kept me wanting to play the game more and more. AC II started you off with Ezio Auditore, a young seventeen-year-old man who lived in a place in Italy known as Florentine during the Renaissance. Later throughout the game, his brother and father—two of his closet people—were falsely accused by a couple of guys, causing them to be executed. Eventually, he found out that his father used to be an assassin, which motivated him to become one as well. Once he was able to become a full-fledged assassin, he would later go out to seek revenge on those who accused his dad and older brother. After he's done killing them, he would start involving himself into more missions, which leads him to becoming an official member of the assassin's creed. Like I said before, the storyline is very interesting. You would have to play it to believe it. d:
Old October 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
This is very rare nowadays. It usually only happened with Pokemon for the first few days after I've purchased the game, or with the MMO I used to play yeaaars ago. But it's much easier for me to put games down now. :3

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old October 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Donovan Baine

Nature: Hasty
It does happen to me from time to time. My last new game I bought was "The Last of Us" and that I got really hooked into to where I stood up all night!!!

Big Mistake and was miserable for the whole day. Most of the time I do know when to limit myself but if the game is really good I do tend to get lost lol!!!
Old October 11th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It does happen... especially in my favorite games.
It happened with Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Okami HD, Time and Eternity, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and now with Persona 4 Golden.
I couldn't stop playing them until I actually got all trophies there :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Franco.B

Any rpg if good will do that to me.
Old November 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM
ShadowE
Swarm Hosts, abusing dem Swarm Hosts
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have had this a lot with Borderlands 2, StarCraft 2 and GTA V, my parents literally need to turn the PS3/PC off to get me away from it after quite some time haha. I can get sucked into a game pretty easy lol

Sponsored Links

Advertise here