Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Round Table
Reload this Page [News] PETA Strikes again...

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Round Table Have a seat at the Round Table for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Old October 14th, 2013 (04:09 AM).
L-let's a-go...!
Team Sinnoh
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
PETA just use stuff like this to get attention and hope people will agree with them. The best thing to do is just ignore them... and these parody games just make people hate them even more. You're not helping yourself, PETA.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ NNID: skyluigi
☆ PSN ID: Jellygamer
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Mario Maker, Yo-Kai Watch and Little Battlers eXperience

☆ Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. and Yoshi's Woolly World

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

☆ Paired with Tsutarja

Old October 14th, 2013 (04:26 AM).
Team Kanto

Its pretty bad that now they hate a kids game. I wonder how much lower they can get?
Old October 17th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
Team Hoenn
Gold Tier

PETA call themselves an Animal Rights group but they do not really benefit animals. I am truly disgusted that they kill almost all the animals that are surrendured to them. I know Euthanasia sometimes is needed, but it seems like they dont even try to rehome the animals at all, they just kill them. I read they are considered a Humane Society and I dont think they should be... Im guessing they kill them because they think the animals are better off dead than with people, which isnt true. There are many people that would be willing to help these animals by fostering them and adopting them but they dont give them the chance. If I could, Id open my home to fostering a few dogs or cats or even adopt some myself. I think what they do is just horrible. They're just in it for the money I guess. They would be taken more seriously if they didnt do that attention seeking stuff and actually did something to try and help animals. You can still raise awareness and educate people without resorting to exteme measures.
Old October 27th, 2013 (07:31 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink
Team Hoenn

Nature: Quirky
I'm not sure if we want to discuss about PETA again regarding Pokemon, but they're at it again, but from one of its members of course:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/peta-member-traumatized-by-pokemon-sues-nintendo-for-emotional-distress/
Old October 27th, 2013 (07:39 PM).
Team Hoenn
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
I'm not sure if we want to discuss about PETA again regarding Pokemon, but they're at it again, but from one of its members of course:

http://www.p4rgaming.com/peta-member-traumatized-by-pokemon-sues-nintendo-for-emotional-distress/
Play4real is like... The Onion of gaming.
Old October 27th, 2013 (07:52 PM).
Team Kanto

Nature: Sassy
Okay, honestly, the woman's reaction was weird in terms of the games.

But I WILL admit that Pokemon Origins is seriously screwed up. I'm surprised it doesn't have blood and gore - it doesn't hold back other than with that.

Also, the Onion is much, much better.

Old October 27th, 2013 (08:05 PM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!
Team Kanto

Nature: Lonely
I think GF goes very far in avoiding depicting mistreated Pokémon, hence Team Rocket and certain trainers no longer having whips in games made after Pokémon became a worldwide phenomenon. The PETA overreacts a lot.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Old October 27th, 2013 (08:11 PM).
Aspiring writer, or something
Team Unova
Super Moderator

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Sources also say that Bryant recently filed for divorce after catching her husband hiding in the bathroom on the toilet playing the game. He apparently told her to “**** off” as he was about to catch a Shiny Mr. Mime.
This has to be one of my favorite quotes of all time. Priceless.

As far as PETA goes, I haven't looked into them much. I don't look them up because from all the accounts I read, they're crazy. The article doesn't help much with deterring that argument. I just tend to ignore all of their statements and whatnot. Although, if I need a good laugh, I'll look up some conspiracy theories.

Old October 28th, 2013 (09:57 AM).
Future children everywhere..
Team Kalos

Nature: Bold
PETA in general is full of people who join this group so that they can validate themselves as good people and ride on their high horses and look down upon us. It takes a certain kind of pathetic to use a terrible organization to make yourself feel superior whilst also doing it for the attention as if you were some kind of celebrity with a dead-end career.

Proud Yugioh Player. I'll just pretend I'm not seeing all the card advantage in your hand and on your field while I'm beating you down with monsters.
Old October 28th, 2013 (09:19 PM).
Team Kanto

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by pokecole:
It takes a certain kind of pathetic to use a terrible organization to make yourself feel superior whilst also doing it for the attention as if you were some kind of celebrity with a dead-end career.
So... like Britney Spears? Cuz she, like, is getting better at it.

Which is my point:

PETA it bad.

It may get worse.

It may stay the same.

It may get better.

Depends on the future members.

Old October 29th, 2013 (08:36 PM).
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Lax
PETA are a complete and utter joke, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't even eat meat himself. Their desperate attempts to deny the existence of a food chain are truly hilarious. I do believe that there is some work to be done in preventing the unnecessary suffering of animals, but to launch such an attack upon anything mildly meat related is ludicrous, and Nintendo should seriously sue them for this blatant theft of intellectual property. In fact, Nintendo have issued a statement which makes it clear that they're a bit pissed off, I'm not sure why they didn't take it any further. Funnily enough, a PETA member is currently trying to sue Nintendo for 'emotional distress' caused by pokemon, which I find quite hilarious.
Old October 29th, 2013 (11:24 PM). Edited October 29th, 2013 by «Chuckles».
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic
Team Johto

Nature: Brave
Relating to Bryants daughter http://www.p4rgaming.com/peta-member-traumatized-by-pokemon-sues-nintendo-for-emotional-distress/

with the 3DS I would hate to be her, it must be really sucky to be brought up with people like them because I would hate having a mother like that and if she did that I would really lose my marbles. Hopefully with the divorce they go with the interest of the child "QUICKLY GET HER TO THE FATHERS, BEFORE THE MOTHER DECIDES TO TEAR US IN HALF!"

Can we sue her for causing us distress over the accusations she has thrown at nintendo?

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old November 5th, 2013 (04:30 PM).
has issues
Team Kanto

Nature: Naughty
FAIL.

Shame on you once again, PETA.
Old November 7th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
Citrite, Lapis/Sapphire
Team Unova
Platinum Tier

Why, PeTA? Why?

Why do you insist on killing 98% of your impounded animals while pretending to be a front against animal abuse?
Pokémon Citrite Version
Old November 7th, 2013 (09:36 AM).
naughty biscotti
Team Sinnoh
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Because they don't value life for its own sake. Death is not abuse, death is not suffering. It's all about the message, all about the image.
Old November 8th, 2013 (07:44 PM).
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Team Kanto
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Even if they didn't kill animals, they are a reprehensible organization. They directly (by means of funding) support the ALF, which firebombs medical research facilities and launches personal attacks on anyone they see as hostile to their cause. They aren't just pro-animal, they're anti-human. The activities of the ALF and the group as a whole are outside of US law, so any organization that gives them aid should also be outside of the law.

Moreover, I have a major ethical qualm with the suggestion that animal life is anywhere near as valuable as human life and I have a major ethical qualm with any group that emphasizes "animal rights" over human rights.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old November 28th, 2013 (05:22 PM).
Be a role model
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I’m going to be direct, the majority of people that work for PETA seem to be nuts! A lot of things that I believe they do is for attention tbh. While they have saved many animals, the protests they they do are ridiculous. For pete’s sake they are targeting kids games like Mario and Pokemon. They are not going to win. PETA is like many religious groups such as the Westboro Baptist, they are too radical and most people look down on them for it.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links