The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old October 13th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
I feel so confused reading updates these days. Things are just so messy. Maybe Homestuck was always like that though? I read most of it (acts 1-5) from the archive so maybe things didn't seem as messed up because of that.
Old October 19th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Spoiler:
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****ING **** ****! GIGAPAUSE ;-;

Well, this is a perfect time to do a HS reread :)

Leijon

:33 < Coz you know I'd walk a thousand miles

#poc #fcg #battleserver #pclive #dailybloggity #theshippingqueensdiary
Old October 20th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Crystalanachrony
ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n

Nature: Hardy
Gigapause... ;~;

Actually I've been having the same issue as Rika, it does feel like Homestuck has gotten massively disjointed and the quality of the writing has gone way down. Then again, I'm also not a fan of the periodic-updates plan, so maybe reading the whole thing over again will make it mesh nicer in my head.

thank you for waiting!
we've restored your pokémon to full health.

dark monotypeart credit
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Doctor
& time lord

Ah, well. As long as he actually makes a decent number of pages in the end and doesn't hurry the last acts and subacts unnecessarily. And also I really want the last flash to be special in the likes of Cascade. And the ending must be satisfactory. I loved the ending of Problem Sleuth, it was so nicely peaceful yet exciting. Please tell me you haven't lost your touch, Hussie.

For a topic, for those who feel like they have any idea about it, haha:
What music track would you want for an epic final flash? Extra: if Homestuck had rolling credits/epilogue, what music would you want there?

For me, I would love to see Another Chance as epilogue/credits music. That and Walk-Stab-Walk are two of my favorite tracks. That's not saying much though, as I have about 100 favorite tracks on that bandcamp, haha. Or Song of Skaia! It's a bit too beautiful and should rather be used in some kind of epilogue flash than for the actual credits roll imo.

And for the final showdown flash, Dogfight is a big too epic to never be used. Don't you agree? :D

Last edited by Doctor; October 23rd, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Crystalanachrony
ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n

Nature: Hardy
I always thought Song of Skaia should be used for something. It's just too lovely not to be.

thank you for waiting!
we've restored your pokémon to full health.

dark monotypeart credit
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

I'm totes expecting Song of Skaia to be there and a rendition of the Homestuck theme since the final HS should have the HS anthem... XD

I'm also expecting a real song cover like How Do I Live or I Don't Want to Miss a Thing to be there too.. and A RENDITION OF DOCTOR! IT'S IMPEREATIVE THAT THERE WOULD BE A DOCTOR RENDITION :3

I'm getting a funny feeling we are getting another album :33

Now, I'm getting a good feeling Huss would release the final acts and the ENDING on Christmas or the 5 Year Mark (aka 4/13/14) since those days are ample for Huss to complete everything and the occasions are perfect.... But I think Huss would more likely to end HS on the 5 Year Mark....

Leijon

Old October 24th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Half a year of gigapause. I don't think I'll live ;;
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalanachrony View Post
Actually I've been having the same issue as Rika, it does feel like Homestuck has gotten massively disjointed and the quality of the writing has gone way down. Then again, I'm also not a fan of the periodic-updates plan, so maybe reading the whole thing over again will make it mesh nicer in my head.
This.

I think there isn't enough text anymore. Now it's dialogue-log based, and I guess that's whats bothered people. Like, back when it started, it was all about the narration. Now Homestuck has almost no narration, but that's probably because of periodic updating and trying to please the readers. Hence why Hussie would create a gigapause imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
Ah, well. As long as he actually makes a decent number of pages in the end and doesn't hurry the last acts and subacts unnecessarily. And also I really want the last flash to be special in the likes of Cascade. And the ending must be satisfactory. I loved the ending of Problem Sleuth, it was so nicely peaceful yet exciting. Please tell me you haven't lost your touch, Hussie.
Did I just split a quote in half? Yes. Yes I did.

Anyways, if he commenced a gigapause, I expect him not to rush it. But I hope he isn't pressured by the fandom, either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
For a topic, for those who feel like they have any idea about it, haha:
What music track would you want for an epic final flash? Extra: if Homestuck had rolling credits/epilogue, what music would you want there?

For me, I would love to see Another Chance as epilogue/credits music. That and Walk-Stab-Walk are two of my favorite tracks. That's not saying much though, as I have about 100 favorite tracks on that bandcamp, haha. Or Song of Skaia! It's a bit too beautiful and should rather be used in some kind of epilogue flash than for the actual credits roll imo.

And for the final showdown flash, Dogfight is a big too epic to never be used. Don't you agree? :D
Dogfight is one of my favorite songs from Vol. 9, to be honest. I love it so much but I rarely see it show up. So it makes me happy you mentioned it. The only thing I have against Dogfight is that it's a little short.

As for the flash's music, I'm expecting a medley of different music, as well as it having some of it's own. Another Chance I could see for credits/epilogue, but I could just as much see Song of Skaia as it as well. In fact, I'm really hoping Song of Skaia is being played at the end.

Personally, I'm rooting for anything that I like. Which is everything. So instead, maybe something from each act? A bit of Sburban, some Dogfight, who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gunner View Post
I'm also expecting a real song cover like How Do I Live or I Don't Want to Miss a Thing to be there too.. and A RENDITION OF DOCTOR! IT'S IMPEREATIVE THAT THERE WOULD BE A DOCTOR RENDITION :3

I'm getting a funny feeling we are getting another album :33
REALSONGCOVERSAMG. Maybe. I dunno, really; I haven't listened to many things that I see likely to fall into Homestuck lately. And I'd be surprised if there wasn't a rendition of Doctor.

Considering that we are supposed to be getting a lot of stuff in WhatPumpkin this fall, I'm pretty sure a new album would be one of them.

On another note, I need to mess around with this talk-sprite a bit more.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old October 31st, 2013, 07:17 AM
arachnidsGrip
♥ lalalalove you~

arachnidsGrip [AG] began trolling The Homestuck Fanclub

AG: oh my gooooooood you guys
AG: stop 8eing such cry8a8ies on the gigapause and start reminiscing
AG: we should like do something while we w8 for the final upd8
AG: like a pir8 hunt or something
AG: ::::)
AG: arrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!

arachnidsGrip
[Paired to MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, Pachy][Also known as Lady Gunner][Fan Clubs & Groups][Battle Server][The Shipping Queen's Diary]
Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:56 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Haha, true, that's the spirit! Hey, maybe we could do a reread of all the acts together? Like, starting tomorrow we have one week to read Act 1 + Act 2 (because they are rather short, but we want to give people time to not just rush through it) and we could discuss characters and individual panels or scenes or chatlogs as we go. And nobody can rush ahead and begin the next act before the appropriate week! Because that ruins the fun ^^

Who's in? :3

Also, I think I'll revamp the sign up sheet and member list of this club a bit. We should all get unique (more or less) chumhandles! State your preferred chumhandle in a post and I'll add it to the list :D

Hmpf, I still have to log in on the other account to edit the first post... What a bother, haha.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:16 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

ooooo you can name me classyArachnid coz thats my handle on twitter x3

speaking of which, today is my wriggling day <3 and about the reread, i *might* not do it coz sem break is almost over for us and i wouldnt have the time BUT i will try to catch up ;3

Leijon

Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Well one or two weeks is pretty long time for the short first acts you know :3 I'll add your chumhandle though! Also ooh your wriggling day? *scuttles over to profile*
Old November 3rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

anyways, we should have a new topic:

What was your favorite Homestuck memory?

and btw, i got to john and dave's 1st pesterlog ;3 on the reread x3

Leijon

Old November 4th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
@Rika. Hmm... Reread the whole thing? I can do that if I'm not lazing around.
Problem is I'm ALWAYS lazing around xD I will try to, nonetheless :P

Oh, and chum handles, yes, it makes things funnier if we call each other them instead of names/usernames :D Maybe we could even type as if we were doing a pester log (or memo, if you'd like to see it that way) because yes :DD

Anyways, I'd like to be listed as SpicyTaco [ST] :3

I remember the death of Rose's Mom and Dave's dad. Even though the scene itself could not be considered as touching as several others, I did get a huge liking of simple fedora-loving Dad Egbert and charming alcoholic Mom Lalonde, so seeing them die was like, feeling-breaking for me :<

Oh, and Vriska's looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong confessions to John after killing Tavros? Yeah, that made me feel empathy for her... slightly, I can't really relate with someone who feeds a spider lusus with other trolls that well xD

And, well, Cascade is a major one. Like, hot damn, so many things happened that one time. The peregrine mendicant, Jade ascending to God Tier, breaking the friggin fourth wall and omg. Then there's Lord English's arrival, which left me all :OOOOOOOOOOOOO And also, the page hosted in new grounds and just everything about the flash animation.

Such amaze. Such feels. Wow.

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old November 4th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Doctor
& time lord

When I feel like logging in on RHCP, I'll add your chumhandles, mates :p

My favorite Homestuck memory, hmmm.... What comes to mind is when I first reached the beginning of Act 2 and got to run around with John and realized that Homestuck was much bigger and cooler than I thought. I actually thought at first that Homestuck was really a game and that the comic up until then had just been the prologue xD And the beginning of Act 4. Gosh, I love Act 4. Act 4 is amazing.

Also when Lord English came out in [S] Begin Intermission 2. So creepy. Heard that HOOONK late at night and was seriously freaked out.

Funny thing is that I don't remember [S] Wake at all from the first readthrough. I must have missed it for some reason, because I never understood how Aradia's ascension and stuff worked until I reread it xD
Old November 4th, 2013, 06:02 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

This isn't my favorite, but one that sticks out in my mind is when troll romantics were explained. Because ohmygod that was complicated.

But my favorite was probably Cascade, as well as when John first entered the game. Because how couldn't you love Cascade? It was put on an obscure hour to prevent Newgrounds from going down, and it still KO'd it. And it was 14 minutes of pure awesome. And John entering the game was amazing.

Then Unite Synchronization was pretty good... and I still remember this too well: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002022

And, "Yeah, this is a pretty s**ty disguise."

And... there's too much to remember!

Nyeh, I'm in for a reread. But I'll probably do it on my weekends. As for chum handles... I'd like to be listed as immaculateTypist [IT] s'il vous plait. Ignore the irony of the initials, it just happened to come out that way. xD

Old November 6th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam

When Nepeta was introduced. T_T All of my love by Led Zepplin. I want to reread that whole entire page where she's introduced. I miss Nepeta omg. T_T
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old November 8th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

The quadrant lecture. Nothing gets better than that <3

Also, I loved how Nepeta is sooo making KatNep a thing <3

And that short JohnVris and Tavris kerfuffle~

Leijon

Old November 9th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Doctor
& time lord

I put in your chumhandles :3 And also added my own, relentlessDelusion idk haha

I am in the mood for Act 1-2 shenanigans. When Homestuck was cute and silly. How can people not enjoy the first acts?
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:00 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

immaculateTypist [IT] opened memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub
IT: It is impossible not to like the first two acts. I've had friends get lost in it, but heck, they weren't accustomed to the insanity that was MSPA back then. I actually have one friend who was head over heels over the first act.
IT: I AM A PROUD HUSSIONARY, OKAY?
IT: But yeah, it was was actually a relief to see so many words outside of pesterlogs again. I loved it.
IT: Also, I guess it's kinda three days late to post this, but oh well, as well as starting to use Chumhandles. So many things that need to be done in preparation of so many things!

Last edited by DLMuerte; November 13th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old November 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Doctor
& time lord

relentlessDelusion [RD] joined memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

RD: I tried to get my siblings to read it.
RD: my brother forgot about it quickly and didn't feel like picking it up again when I reminded him,
RD: and my sister never really understood anything and just found it weird :p

Old November 15th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

classyArachnid [CA] joined memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

CA: i dont really ask anyone to read homestuck
CA: sounds complicated~
CA: so what is your inspiration to your chumhandles dweebs?

Leijon

Old November 15th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
spicyTaco [ST] joined memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

ST: I've told most of my friends irl that they should read it.
ST: But out of all of them, only one kept reading till Act 6 Act 2
ST: The rest just found it stupid and obnoxious to keep up with.
ST: And they kept telling me the plot lacks all sense.
ST: And we all know that making no sense is how homestuck /makes/ sense.
ST: As for CA's question, there really isn't much backstory to my chum handle.
ST: I was trying to nickname an Absol in Pokemon X...
ST: And it turns out you can't call it "Spicy Taco" for some reason :<
ST: And so, here we are.
ST: Yes, such deep emotional story behind my handle indeed!

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair

Last edited by Chalifoux; November 15th, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old November 20th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Doctor
& time lord

RD: I actually just thought about what fit me :3
RD: hey, instead of rereading the whole thing together,
RD: maybe we can just discuss the [S] pages in order?
RD: often, those were the ones that provoked the strongest emotions and memories.
RD: I'll present one or several at a time and we'll just chat about our memories and feelings around them!
RD: or?

First up for discussion/chat:

[S] John: Play haunting piano refrain.
The very first [S] page in Homestuck, where John just plays one of the most iconic tunes of the comic; Showtime.

and

[S] ==>
Which is where John gets out to get the mail and we just see his neighborhood... and his arm! :O

We can take the following two at the same time as well, since they mostly just introduce the STRIFE system and DAD.

[S] John: Enter.

and

[S] STRIFE!

RD: so what do these early flash pages make you guys feel and think and remember?
RD: :3

Old November 30th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Leijon
making my way downtown
Community Supporter

CA: i feel so weird to see those first flash pages and i d k why?
CA: maybe because its the building blocks of the whole animation scheme?
CA: i think you can still visit the pages without the hand iirc

Leijon

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here