The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 6th, 2013, 01:29 PM
stranger
lost in las vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
As a proposal to make it fair to those of us who donated for our perks, I suggest a 150x150 limit for moderators and 170x170 (or 175x175) limit for H-Staff (with the exception of Steve, who knows better than to stretch the postbit). This is more than fair in my opinion. What do you think?
I'm almost sure Steve has the record for consistently using the largest avatars on PC of all time.

Either way, this is actually going to staff discussion now, and we're going to iron it out as best we can, however if avatars were too wide, I'd have an issue. But they're not. You have unlimited vertical scrolling space, and what you're talking about here is chopping off about 20 or so pixels in some cases. Which takes me about 0.02 seconds to scroll through. This is something I actually do worry about all the time though, avatar sizes and so on, as I've studied web design for several years, so I appreciate your concern. I've just gone ahead an suggested a 200px x 200px size, as maximum, for any usergroup however. That's actually fairly non-intrusive, unless you're running a resolution of a potato.

We'll let you know what our final decision is. Feel free to add suggestions/feedback still however, we'll keep an eye on the thread all the same.

every moment with you is an adventure
Old November 6th, 2013, 05:32 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
The huge Staff Avvies actually look really terrible on the Regular Default Post-Bit setting. But that's just my perspective. In general I have no problems with Staff having huge avvies, they deserve it after all.

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
Ew, Legacy.

Certain admins (and myself) occasionally ramp up certain things—Tier 6 members may have noticed their PM space go up to 1800. Ostensibly, changing the size of avatars to be consistent between moderators and certain tiers might be a good idea, as is providing an option to scale avatars to a reasonable size limit.
Is that supposed to be current to now? Because I only have 1500.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old November 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I never really cared about avatar size so I guess it's not that important.

But I feel that 240x240 is no problem at all since a mod gets a perk for being a mod. H-Staff might stretch limits sometimes, but not that really I care. I use standard postbit usually and the vertical avatars fail to bother me. Since 130x130 is an awkward maximum size (150x150 seems less awkward because multiple of 50), I usually use 100x100 or 96x96. If it ever creeps my internet, I'll disable them. No big deal.

Wouldn't all these extensions add load to the server? idk
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Ausaudriel
lieutenant commander

Nature: Gentle
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...28#post7924028

Good compromise?
Old November 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Cassino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
Not a good one, no. Can't you make larger avatars resize to 150px? Ideally anything bigger should resize to the threshold, and not simply 50% of original, but I'll presume you would've done that if you could. At the least, the threshold should be 170 or 180 — whatever higher staff have always had, since those sizes were never really an issue.
Old November 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Rukario

Nature: Adamant
just a note, we do reconsider avatar sizes as well as image file sizes from time to time based on community input.

We'll be doing this again shortly after we move to the new server so perhaps post up a few suggestions on sizes for each user group as well as files sizes you all would like to have available for your use.

wait..
who said I use the biggest avatars on PC?
hmm...

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old November 10th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Ausaudriel
lieutenant commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Not a good one, no. Can't you make larger avatars resize to 150px? Ideally anything bigger should resize to the threshold, and not simply 50% of original, but I'll presume you would've done that if you could. At the least, the threshold should be 170 or 180 — whatever higher staff have always had, since those sizes were never really an issue.
It was more math than I wanted to do when spending 2 minutes to write the code to do the resize.
Old November 10th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Ausaudriel
lieutenant commander

Okay, better math. Now resizes to 150 instead of 50% of original size.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
Okay, better math. Now resizes to 150 instead of 50% of original size.
Okay I know I'm bumping this but I just decided to enable the resizing because two mods (Shining Raichu and XanderO) have avatars that were so huge they were breaking the postbit (I use Standard fyi), and the result turned out to still be 50% of the original size and not 150x150 as you said there.

Just pointing this out because this was the result I got on my end.

Sponsored Links