Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old November 2nd, 2013 (09:15 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I enjoyed the mystery of this episode and I especially enjoyed the cliffhanger at the end. It's unfortunate that Pokémon isn't a more serialized anime, otherwise this could have been a pretty neat arc to dive into. Also, the ghost girl! I love it when the anime indulges itself into the supernatural. It especially added to the mystery of this episode that I enjoyed.

Let's talk about the best part of the episode though: Noivern! I love that Pokémon so much you guys, seeing it was the highlight of the episode for me. I was kind of disappointed its VA wasn't more aggressive though, and I hope the animation for Boomburst in the X/Y series looks more epic than it did here. Considering that's Noivern's signature and most powerful move, it should have looked more awesome than it actually did.

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
HOW COULD JESSIE LIFT THAT STATUE?!
I asked myself the same thing!

Oh, how I enjoyed Team Rocket [sorta] joining up with the gang. It's always more fun when the group works together and you get to hear them throw shade to one another, like in this episode!

Sidenote: When are they going to decide on an opening for this arc and stick with it? Has anyone else noticed the dub version on Cartoon Network keeps switching back and forth between the Decolora opening and the old N Episodes opening?
Old November 4th, 2013 (03:39 PM).
Wobbu
Silt Sunrise

Nature: Relaxed
Watching this episode was a great way to end Halloween Week; the Ghost Pokémon were very fitting. That ancient dude (was his name Connelly?) looked a lot like Ash. So TR's costumes were probably one of their better disguises if you disregard the fact that they can't levitate with them. That scene in the ruins when TR jumped the twerps was a lol moment, especially when the statue fell on Jessie xD. Was that statue made of styrofoam or something? She threw it like it was nothing and the statue didn't even break... Once the group reached the battlefield, I was thinking, "When is TR going to do something bad?" and they stole Pikachu immediately after that thought. That ending, how could the writers do it to me? I want to know more D:

Quote originally posted by Artemis:
Sidenote: When are they going to decide on an opening for this arc and stick with it? Has anyone else noticed the dub version on Cartoon Network keeps switching back and forth between the Decolora opening and the old N Episodes opening?
Lol I've been wondering that same thing. It's been bugging me for a while now...
Old November 4th, 2013 (04:57 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Oh my gosh! It didn't even occur to me how perfect it was for this episode to air during Halloween week. While I'm sure it was just mere scheduling coincidence that the episode happened to air at such time, it makes me like it that much more.

Quote originally posted by jsziede:
Lol I've been wondering that same thing. It's been bugging me for a while now...
For real though!
Old November 10th, 2013 (05:14 AM).
ilias_

Nature: Calm
This episode was so good!!! I really loved the mystery and all! Noivern was the highlight for me too I love that Pokemon and I am sure that the animation for Boomburst is going to be different in X&Y

I guess we all noticed the fact that Jessie lifted the statue like it was a piece of paper lol

I agree with both of you. It is really annoying that they cannot choose an opening

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old November 10th, 2013 (06:37 AM).
Batty

Nature: Bold
I like a seeing Noivern and Banette in the anime, but.. I thought there wasn't really much point to the episode and I don't remember it explaining how the girl got there to give Ash the token (or whatever it was. )
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links