• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Engine] Pokémon for Ace

How should Pokemon storage be handled?

• With Yanfly's script.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • With a separate, but unified box.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With individual boxes that is a list of names.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • With individual boxes that shows the overworld graphics of the Pokemon.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Another way. (Please tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Well I WOULD give this a rave review, but:

1) My entire computer freezes when I try to play the demo unless I disable the opening video.

2) Once I finally get into the game, my controls are screwed. Pressing any direction moves me a random number of steps in that direction, if it does anything at all. Menu inputs are also heavily delayed. I somewhat assume this has to with needing a high-end computer to run this. Or at least higher-end then mine (mine's pretty crappy).

3) Everything's too small in battle. Couldn't you blow up the sprites by x2? If the animated sprite filesizes become too large by doing that you could use D/P/Pl or HG/SS sprites instead. Animooted =/= better (to me at least).

4) Some unnecessary scripts like the TP gain one. FFX mechanics don't belong in Pokemon. Minimap and combat log are also unnecessary.

5) A picture of the pokemon's sprite would look more accurate in the status menu.

6) Typos (snaged, summery) and some move descriptions being too long for the text box (Quick Attack).

I figure some of these have been addressed in the month and a half since this thread's been posted in, but in case they haven't, well there you go. My two cents.

1. Probably, you don't have the right codec. I will include a link in the next release.
  2. Actually, its the friendship script refreshing your party every step. (Fixed a while ago.)
  3. I made an expansion pack for larger battlers, I will upload that soon.
  4. Those can be disabled, fairly easily. I will make tutorials on how to do that.
  5. I will make an expansion pack that makes those portraits sprites.
  6. Screenshot them and show me where the problem is at.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
I can't document all of the typos because I've deleted the engine, sorry. I'm sure someone else will proofread it for you if you ask though. But if I remember, the "snaged" typo (should be "snagged") is on the save file screen and "summery" (should be "summary") is on the pokemon menu.

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
  • All Pokemon up to Generation V are in the Kit. Working on Gen VI
  • All abilities are functional (except for Stance Change since it is linked to Aegislash)
  • All moves are added into the kit (very few lack functionality)
  • All items are ready. Only a few Key Items lacks functionality)
  • Alternate forms are ready. (Changes in Type, Base States, and Ability are set, some still need the conditions for transformation)
  • All skills have some kind of battle animation

Crystal Noel

Years
Update:
  • Added Mega Evolution to the game.
  • Working on a database editor to edit trainers, pokemon, moves, and items for the game.
  • Working in X and Y Pokemon right now. All 721 Pokemon have slots in the data and names and evolution are set. (Some Pokemon like Malamar and Sylveon have slightly different evolution requirements)
  • Pokemon data created up to Aromatisse.
  • Re-did actor list. It now contains less actors then before.
  • MissingNo. has been re-numbered to number 722, removing many empty slots that the original had.

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
i am really happy with what you've done with this. i would like to make my own contribution to the game by fixing the bgm files so they loop properly. I finally learned how to do that and using ace will really make that possible.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I am going to test this now. If this works, I am ditching Essentials, if only because I am used to RMAce and I would prefer it over XP. Thanks, Crystal Noel!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Well, there are a few problems.

1. The back sprites don't appear. At all.
2. Joey seems a little overpowered. He is the same level as your starter with a better moves. It was fine for the rival because we had a super effective move, but other than that, I couldn't even get past him.
3. The video in the beginning STILL won't work. I even installed that plugin/program from the link and it gave me another black screen until the video stopped playing.

That's about it. For positives, it looks very good. I like the High-res graphics. I also like how the Pokemon are set up in the database (finally!). I will definitely use this once the bugs are worked out. Looking forward to it!

-Joeyhugg

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
screenshot-1375720146-988099.png

The minimap seems pointless, since it's really meant for zelda games, or dungeon based games, where you need a mini map.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
well apart from obviously having no online features :(
the main thing missing is all evolution methods and mega evolution but looking good

Crystal Noel

Years
Sorry, I have kinda not been doing anything. It's not because I am no longer supporting this kit, it's because everything has just been so busy for me lately.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
thats fine :D

anyway still having issues with somethings mainly mega evolution just can not seam to get it to work :s

also the long black screen when waiting for the game to kick in is kindda annoying but copeable

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
Hello and I am using version 5 of your "Pokémon for ace", but I have come across 2 problems

#1 When I press the 1 key the game crashes and says "script 'Export Database' line 382: TypeError occurred.

#2 When I Get the pokedex and use it the game crashes and says "script 'Pokedex' line 727: TypeError occurred.

If u Could Help me that would be great, also I need Brendan and may BW sprites but every stance there is of Black and White in your Demo(Run, Bike, Etc.)

Also I would Like to know if I could Use your starter kit for my Hoenn remakes, SecretSaphire and HiddenRuby. I tried to get a hold of u on one of your topic on Rpgvxace forums but I couldn't:(

EDIT:I did not monkey with The Pokedex Script either

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
I can't add any new trainer classes, I done it correctly, but I get an error at the start of the battle saying:

Script 'Pokemon Battle System' line 2551:NoMethodError occured.

When I try and add a new trainer using the editor I also get an error that says:

Script 'Database Editor' line 1189: NameError occured

undefined local variable or method 'new_class' for
#<Scene_EditMain:0x8fcfa64>

Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Hi,

everytime when I try to catch a wild pokemon with a pokeball i get an error.

This is what the console prints:

dropbox.com/s/1l3znrsgk7fwhcy/1.png
dropbox.com/s/zsmg3obcpecyx4t/2.png
dropbox.com/s/75ztgggge1obh32/3.png

Any idea what i can do?

Back