Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 8th, 2013 (09:35 PM).
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Quote originally posted by Lunedi:
Even Mega Mawile or Mega Absol? D:

ON:
Dafuq is this xd

(Blaziken learning a Fly Type Atk? ehm.. it doesn't make sense)

Cya~
It learns it in the real games.
Old October 9th, 2013 (12:21 AM).

Did you remove dragon dance? I checked gyardos' moves through YAPE and I discovered that it does not learn DD at level 50. WHY!?!
Old October 9th, 2013 (04:24 AM).
some loser

It didn't have Dragon Dance initially because the methods used to insert new effects at the time required replacing existing ones so that the AI would behave. While we can get around that now, there's only two (technically three but Dragonite is never getting it at the same time as Multiscale) mons in the game that can learn Dragon Dance in canon- Gyarados and Scrafty. Neither of these has a hard time setting up against the AI, thanks to good bulk, Intimidate, and the AI's inability switch to a sensible counter. Furthermore, both of them can effortlessly clean teams once set up- I didn't want people soloing the game with a single strong set-up sweeper. Both of them have strong alternative set-up options in Coil and Curse- these get you similar results, while not being a strong guarantee of 6-0ing the enemy because you still have special weaknesses and can be outsped.

I'm aware that the existence of Shift Gear and Quiver Dance somewhat undermines this point, but the users of those are rather fragile compared to Gyarados and Scrafty- they also have limited coverage compared to the Dragon Dancers.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old October 9th, 2013 (04:41 AM). Edited October 9th, 2013 by TheSleeperHit.

Quote originally posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay:
It didn't have Dragon Dance initially because the methods used to insert new effects at the time required replacing existing ones so that the AI would behave. While we can get around that now, there's only two (technically three but Dragonite is never getting it at the same time as Multiscale) mons in the game that can learn Dragon Dance in canon- Gyarados and Scrafty. Neither of these has a hard time setting up against the AI, thanks to good bulk, Intimidate, and the AI's inability switch to a sensible counter. Furthermore, both of them can effortlessly clean teams once set up- I didn't want people soloing the game with a single strong set-up sweeper. Both of them have strong alternative set-up options in Coil and Curse- these get you similar results, while not being a strong guarantee of 6-0ing the enemy because you still have special weaknesses and can be outsped.

I'm aware that the existence of Shift Gear and Quiver Dance somewhat undermines this point, but the users of those are rather fragile compared to Gyarados and Scrafty- they also have limited coverage compared to the Dragon Dancers.
I felt that I just ranted and I see your point. Thank you for your sensible reply... I almost forgot... Dragonite can learn Dragon Dance legally even with multiscale.. He can learn it through leveling up at level 61 (gen V)
Old October 9th, 2013 (10:59 AM). Edited October 12th, 2013 by Jet Pilot.
I killed Spiderman.

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by Lunedi:
Even Mega Mawile or Mega Absol? D:

ON:
Dafuq is this xd

(Blaziken learning a Fly Type Atk? ehm.. it doesn't make sense)

Cya~
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/blaziken/moves/5
Learns it at 49. Also, he's a bird. I'd expect him to learn some sort of flying move.

Anyways, thanks for making this. Brings the pizzazz to FR that Gamefreak lacked in providing.

Do YOU want a spam section?
Vote for POKESpam2014.
Old October 18th, 2013 (10:14 PM).

I think I found an error in the game in the Seafoam Islands. You need to use Strength to push the boulders into the holes right? After that you fall through certain holes to the bottom levels to continue pushing the boulders through the respective holes in those levels to finally get it into the water to block the tide so you can surf across. On one of the boulders before you finally push it into the water it disappears as if you never pushed it through the previous hole. I hope this makes sense. Did anyone else have this problem?
Old October 18th, 2013 (10:30 PM).

Here are the Pics. The first is the last level for one of the boulders before it drops into the water. It should be there but its not. Once you drop it to that level from the level above its as if it just disappears. Which is why in the second Pic only one boulder is present blocking the water.
Attached Images
File Type: png SFI.png‎ (67.2 KB, 30 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png SFI2.png‎ (98.7 KB, 31 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 21st, 2013 (12:37 PM). Edited October 21st, 2013 by HeroesAndCons.

While I do like the hack and I am impressed by the work gone into it, I find that the levels of the trainers, particularly the boss trainers, is too high for a hack that isn't MADE to be ridiculously difficult.
I am a fan of nuzlockeing my games and this game has basically proven to be un-nuzlockeable so far without extensive grinding (the lucky egg comes way too late IMO), due to its insane difficulty in comparison with normal games. Pokemon like Staraptor, the improved Ditto (it can survive Lucario's Aura Sphere? whatthehellisthis?), and Hydreigon are incredibly difficult to beat under normal circumstances, but boost them to hgih level 40's on REGULAR trainers and give them seemingly perfect movesets on every single one, and it's a bit out of hand. I know this game isn't really built to be nuzlocked, just played regularly, but this could be easily solved by giving the lucky egg earlier or simply slightly lowering the levels of the regular trainers and bosses a bit (2 or 3 levels would definitely do it depending on the Pokemon). I know I am not the only person who enjoys nuzlockeing, and I'm certainly not the only one who hates grinding for hours.

To be honest though, even when I first played through the game, normally rather than nuzlockeing, I found a contant need to grind to even come close to matching the trainers I regularly encountered, especially when my team exceeded 3 members and shared the XP gains.

Also does Giovanni even have a set type? Before he annihilated my team he had a Weavile, Rhyperior and Hydreigon (the one responsible for blowing me away), which have 5 types between them.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (08:44 PM).

For some reason my battle mode is stuck on "SET". I can still change the setting, but no matter what I set it as, it will never ask me to switch Pokemon during battle.
Old October 22nd, 2013 (09:10 PM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by dyee:
For some reason my battle mode is stuck on "SET". I can still change the setting, but no matter what I set it as, it will never ask me to switch Pokemon during battle.
That's not a bug, it's intentional.
Old October 23rd, 2013 (07:53 AM).

Hey, I tried saving but it always says "save error. Change the backup memory" I tried playing with the save settings of the VBA but it changes nothing.
Old October 25th, 2013 (06:35 AM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by Rebzo:
Hey, I tried saving but it always says "save error. Change the backup memory" I tried playing with the save settings of the VBA but it changes nothing.
Remove your sav file. THEN play with the save settings.
Old October 27th, 2013 (08:37 PM).

Nature: Calm
what's with the lunatic patch it keeps crashing on me
Old October 27th, 2013 (10:36 PM).
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by HeroesAndCons:
While I do like the hack and I am impressed by the work gone into it, I find that the levels of the trainers, particularly the boss trainers, is too high for a hack that isn't MADE to be ridiculously difficult.
I am a fan of nuzlockeing my games and this game has basically proven to be un-nuzlockeable so far without extensive grinding (the lucky egg comes way too late IMO), due to its insane difficulty in comparison with normal games. Pokemon like Staraptor, the improved Ditto (it can survive Lucario's Aura Sphere? whatthehellisthis?), and Hydreigon are incredibly difficult to beat under normal circumstances, but boost them to hgih level 40's on REGULAR trainers and give them seemingly perfect movesets on every single one, and it's a bit out of hand. I know this game isn't really built to be nuzlocked, just played regularly, but this could be easily solved by giving the lucky egg earlier or simply slightly lowering the levels of the regular trainers and bosses a bit (2 or 3 levels would definitely do it depending on the Pokemon). I know I am not the only person who enjoys nuzlockeing, and I'm certainly not the only one who hates grinding for hours.

To be honest though, even when I first played through the game, normally rather than nuzlockeing, I found a contant need to grind to even come close to matching the trainers I regularly encountered, especially when my team exceeded 3 members and shared the XP gains.

Also does Giovanni even have a set type? Before he annihilated my team he had a Weavile, Rhyperior and Hydreigon (the one responsible for blowing me away), which have 5 types between them.
are you playing insane difficulty or something

Old October 31st, 2013 (09:48 PM).

So your evolution changes thing says that Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro or Slowking depending on personality. Is that personality as in nature or something else, because I really want a Slowking.
Also this is an amazing hack, thank you
Old November 1st, 2013 (06:48 AM).
some loser

Personality refers to personality value, which influences nature, gender, and Wurmple's evolution method- the latter is used for Slowpoke. Essentially, some Slowpoke will evolve into Slowbro, and others to Slowking- while you could feasibly use a memory viewer to figure out which there's no easy way in-game to tell, and it's set in stone when the Slowpoke is generated. I know some people don't like this, but I feel it's perfectly acceptable to use the evolution method here as:

-Slowbro and Slowking are exceedingly similar, both in stats and movepool.
-What movepool differences they do have are barely relevant as most of their good moves are from TM.
-You can catch both Slowbro and Slowking with the Super Rod, so the random evolution does not obstruct completing the dex.

Physical/Special Split
Old November 5th, 2013 (10:58 PM).
Iron fist

Nature: Gentle
I would like to actually ask what tool did you use DoesntKnowHowToPlay for make moves like coil other gen 4 and 5 moves?
Old November 6th, 2013 (02:17 AM).
Wrecking Ball

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Door2Dawn:
I would like to actually ask what tool did you use DoesntKnowHowToPlay for make moves like coil other gen 4 and 5 moves?
There's a tutorial for it in the tutorial section, "Adding New Moves and Creating New Move Effects".
Old November 10th, 2013 (05:33 PM).

Quote originally posted by Catalan64:
Here are the Pics. The first is the last level for one of the boulders before it drops into the water. It should be there but its not. Once you drop it to that level from the level above its as if it just disappears. Which is why in the second Pic only one boulder is present blocking the water.
I have the same problem. An easy workaround is backtracking to pallet and surfing to cinnabar.
Old November 30th, 2013 (08:55 AM).

Hi
I finally beat the champion and want to ask: that's it? I beat the game or there is a post game?
Old November 30th, 2013 (08:18 PM). Edited November 30th, 2013 by Projectwolfie.
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by morrison17:
Hi
I finally beat the champion and want to ask: that's it? I beat the game or there is a post game?
You have E4 rematches, and you can have a lot of fun in Cerulean Cave. That's about it.

Quote:
I'm not Doesn't, but I would hazard a guess it's a combo of your favorite hex editor, a lot of time and research, and Pokemon Game Editor's internal Attack Editor. There's tutorials and research around the forums here. There really aren't that many tools that you can use to help you on that one for the most part to tell you the truth. Especially if you're planning on expanding the move tables in order to not replace any already existing ones.
Old November 30th, 2013 (10:32 PM).

Quote originally posted by Projectwolfie:
You have E4 rematches, and you can have a lot of fun in Cerulean Cave. That's about it.
I did my trainings in Cerulean Cave.
In first post of this thread I found info about "Unknown Dungeon" but I dont know where is it.
It's a new area or new name for some Kanto place?
Old December 1st, 2013 (08:08 AM).
some loser

Quote:
In first post of this thread I found info about "Unknown Dungeon" but I dont know where is it.
It's a new area or new name for some Kanto place?
Unknown Dungeon and Cerulean Cave are the same place- the game refers to it as the latter but in RBY days it went by the former name.

Quote:
The only thing I used PGE for was to verify that I was editing tutor compatibility correctly. The bulk of the work was done purely via hex editor, although I use Nightmare Table Editor to manage some of the tables now. You can find some useful resources on move editing here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281520
http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-215644.html

Keep in mind that move editing in general isn't as simple as replacing sprites or changing maps- it will take some persistence and a bit of ingenuity to figure out how to do things right. There's a few threads in the Tutorials section which might be helpful in getting you started, but if you want to do things right you'll need to do more than just follow one.

Physical/Special Split
Old December 4th, 2013 (04:03 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Hi, I've been playing this game for a few days and I have to say I am really enjoying it this far. By now I have 5 medals, I really like your custom-made Pokédex and the movesets of many of the Pokémon. I am also having very good battles against boss trainers, they are quite hard to beat (and I am not using any of your difficulty patches...). Congratulations on this work, it's really good.

I just noticed one problem (not 100% sure it's a problem or if you've done it on purpose). It's about this trainer, at route 4:

She has lv 31 Steelix, Steelix and Timburr, so her team hasn't been modified, as those two correspond to Paras, Paras, Parasect in your Pokédex.

Again, thanks for this game, I'll keep on playing it till its end!

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.
Old December 20th, 2013 (08:20 AM).
Saikuma

Nature: Brave
Is there any gen 6 or mega pokemon in this hack ? This hack is great :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)