The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 3rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
kuzronk

Advertise here
I can't see the video. Is it that hot topic rarity video?

Music|Anime
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.
Old November 4th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Text
Text

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Text
Name: TMinster A.K.A: TM or Minster
Favorite pony of the mane 6: Pinkie Pie
As always I am big fan of Pinkie since season 1! When she made her appearance,I was astounded! By the way she does the stuff, Breaking the 4th wall, being funny and most of all she is Crazy! Why, I haven't seen such pony. Also Hello Guys!
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
The name for the two parter--I must ask: what do you guys think of such a title as "Princess Twilight - Part 1"? I'm not liking it. Not at any degree, and honestly, it makes me wonder how the other titles are going to shape out to be...

I still love MLP, just not these titles.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old November 7th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Text
Text

Send a message via Skype™ to Text
It's true! I am not also liking the title.Are they rushed? to make the title.
Old November 7th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

That's a rather boring title. I hope that they just really couldn't think of a better title and that it's not an indication of future episode titles.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
That's a rather boring title. I hope that they just really couldn't think of a better title and that it's not an indication of future episode titles.
If you think that seems boring, I'll tell you the episode names for episodes 3 and 4.

Episode 3 is called "Castle-Mania". People on Equestria Daily were saying "that sounds like a Yu-gi-oh game!" or something of that sort.

For episode 4, the episode is called "Daring Don't". To be honest, I love the punning in this title, it's the only title I remotely like so far.

I looked in to who wrote what.

All I know far is that the two part premiere is by Meghan Mcarthy. Also, we have a long list of new writers this year, just so you know~.

For spoiling reasons, I'll put the links to the episode information for all the new episodes in a spoiler:

Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old November 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Yeah, the only one out of those titles that I like is "Daring Don't" because I'm a sucker for puns.

I'm kind of looking forward to the season starter, since Meghan McCarthy wrote a few episodes that I rather enjoyed. So we'll see how she does with another season opener.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old November 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Anyone seen this video yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnokG...layer_embedded

Goes to show that we shouldn't be worried about Alicorn Twilight ruining the quality of the show.
Old November 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave
Houndoom's video about the new season 4 promo got taken down due to an error, but I have a spare one just in case...and I just watched it myself!

I'm so so excited for it tbh! I cannot wait to see Twilight's role as a princess and how it will balance between royalty and friendship. I'm just so curious!

November 23 cannot come soon enough!
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Houndour2005

Scootaloo episode title revealed.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Flight_to_the_Finish
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

So glad that Scootaloo is getting more episodes again. I've waited long enough to see development for my favorite pony.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old November 13th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

I knew about this for awhile now. I'm hoping it turns out good. Since I've wanted more Scootaloo centrals since her first central episode in season 3. I doubt she'll learn to fly--Faust said that she intended for her to never be able to.

Old November 16th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Just one more week, and ponies 4.0 will soon begin. I really don't want to wake up late to miss the premiere. Then there's another issue I'm having: Pokémon XY. Both shows are being airing new episodes on Saturday, so I have sacrifice one of them to watch the other.
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Houndour2005

The S4 opening?

Spoiler:

Looks like a Manehattan episode maybe.

Spoiler:

Old November 18th, 2013, 01:54 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
If they keep this up, lots of us will die from pure excitement, fangasm, puking rainbows, and excitement.
And then no one will watch the show anymore! D:
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:24 PM
txteclipse
Zero
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quiet
New member get! Hi all!

Username: txteclipse
Personal tiny equine of choice: Fluttershy (except it's pretty much a tie between her and Pinkie [Luna is best pony though {deeply nested asides yay}])

Man, I just rewatched Sleepless in Ponyville last night. I love that episode so much. It featured two of the most underrepresented ponies in the series (Scootaloo and Luna) and gave us some wonderful Rarity antics as well. Also this:

Spoiler:

Old November 18th, 2013, 01:44 PM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by txteclipse View Post
New member get! Hi all!

Username: txteclipse
Personal tiny equine of choice: Fluttershy (except it's pretty much a tie between her and Pinkie [Luna is best pony though {deeply nested asides yay}])

Man, I just rewatched Sleepless in Ponyville last night. I love that episode so much. It featured two of the most underrepresented ponies in the series (Scootaloo and Luna) and gave us some wonderful Rarity antics as well. Also this:

Spoiler:
OMG OMG, I'm actually really happy to see you here. It's been forever since I've seen you around. I'll send you a VM.
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Houndour2005

Sleepless in Ponyville is one of my favroite esiodes too.

The epsiode aired on my Birthday anyway.

My Little Pony growing up.

Here are spoilers.

http://www.avclub.com/review/my-litt...rows-up-105791
Old November 22nd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

If it contains spoilers, I ain't clickin'.

Anyways GUYS SEASON FOUR STARTS TOMORROW. Y'ALL BETTER GET READY.

Old November 23rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

So I've watched the two-parter today:

Spoiler:
They've really handled Alicorn Twilight really well to not make her a total Mary Sue with her lackluster flying skills and her usual OCD. It was sweet to see both Discord and Zecora, two of the best supporting characters in the series, appearing the same episodes together. I'm really going to miss the Elements of Harmony now that the Mane Six gave it up to the Tree of Harmony in order to save Equestria from the dark roots from the Everfree Forest. Speaking of those dark roots, it was really clever that it was Discord's plan all along even after his rehab with Fluttershy, which makes up for the lack of a new villain to kick in the new season. Now we have a new arc regarding keys. :D
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Copying what I said on another site, don't come and find me and go beat me up for it:

Spoiler:

Wow, this was dark and serious. MLP keeps getting more and more dark and more serious with each season, my god. MLP is not a kid's show anymore... Seriously what the heck, Hasbro? T_T OMG EPISODE ABOUT THE PAST! We finally got to see what it was like when Celestia was banished to the moon--that was amazing. I learned so much about my favorite characters. Honestly, it shocked me when Luna turned into Nightmare Moon--I also thought it was happening right then and there--it wasn't until later I realized it was the past like Twilight did. I was just as clueless as her! Good job, Meghan! Disappointments, however:

No song, no major villain, just plants. ): Sad to see that, really--a villain that wasn't even really live. It was Discord was being annoying, btw. I love him to death, but when you really think about it, he was just being a major irritation. Though at least we saw him once again rather than never seeing him again. I think Discord will play a big role in season 4.

I really thought it was the right decision giving up the Elements of Harmony. I didn't expect it, to be honest, but really, that does bring a great opening to Season 4--to no longer use the elements... that's going to be really interesting. Also, it's pretty obvious that that box with the six keys will be a major plot in Season 4. I'm sure that there will be a lot of references to it. Then again, it might end up not signifying anything like that Allicorn Amulet in Magic Duel, but we'll see. Make sure that you keep it in your mind.

Also, the animation and magic aura has really improved since Season 3--I like to see how the show is going to keep evolving from when Faust was on the Team.

I'm no longer disappointing by MLP. ^^

Anyway, episode gets a 7.5/10 from me because there was no real villain.

Old November 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

First, welcome, txty to the club! :D

I finally saw the season opener and
Spoiler:
I like that they set up another overarching plot for the season. It shows that the writers have ideas on how to have stories to develop the other characters, especially now that Twilight has gone through her major development. Now she can sit back and maybe learn to fly while the others learn their lessons and get some good development.

Hopefully they figure something out for Applejack.

I don't really mind that there wasn't a new villain. It worked better to bring Discord back because the writers didn't have to spend time developing some new evil creature only for them to disappear after being defeated.

We have to Mega-move it!
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Goodness gracious! This 2-parter!

Spoiler:
Season 4 opener was simply fantastic! Princess Twilight exceeded my expectations of her princess role. I feared the writers would not include any flaws on her and they did. She still has her anxiety flaw, and to be honest I can actually relate to that. It was also about time that there wasn't any villain even though there was Discord. What a friggin troll, man. I look forward to more of Twilight's role as a princess and how it unfolds this season. I'm so EXCITED!
Old November 25th, 2013, 12:29 AM
txteclipse
Zero
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quiet
Thank you Asty! Okay! Obligatory season opener thoughts!

Spoiler:
...Too bad my second post in here is mostly negative. :( Don't read if you don't want some rain on your new pony season parade. I was one of the folks concerned that Twilight was going to become the center of attention after becoming an alicorn. She's been a very flat character in my opinion since the first couple of episodes into season one, and I wasn't enthusiastic about her getting even more air time. After watching the opening...I'm still worried. The entire opener revolved around her. Rarity said everyone dreamed of being an alicorn. Princess Celestia and Luna disappeared, so Twilight suddenly had command over Canterlot castle and its guards. The potion Zecora had could conveniently only be activated by an alicorn. Applejack at first demanded she get her precious princess butt back to Ponyville where it was safe, and then later AJ and the rest of the group lamented that they were helpless without her because she would know what to do. She used the Elements of Harmony on her own in the end to revive the Tree of Harmony.

She also was shown completely outdoing other ponies at their special talent. In the scene with the crocodile, she lassoed it with magic at the same time as Applejack. She created a Sonic Starboom at the end (also showing that she had learned how to fly better than RD in two episodes). Not to mention she personally overcame the Everfree Forest vines, which had taken out both Celestia and Luna.

Long story short, it made me a bit sad. Pretty much the only reason the mane six are even together now is because they're necessary for finding the keys to open the box. There's basically no other reason for them to be there: Twilight has demonstrated that she is about as capable on her own as they are together. I understand that they're all friends still, but it's just not the same. It feels like everyone's friends with Twilight now just because they need her. The show used to be about everyone having a place in the world, something to contribute, no matter their societal status. The mane six were more or less equal, each bringing their strengths and weaknesses to the table. This has been thrown under the proverbial cart, with Twilight taking the limelight and her friends fading to the status of supporting characters. Maybe they'll all pull a Luna and try to overthrow her.

ALL THAT ASIDE, the animation was stellar, Discord was a riot, and the fight between Celestia and Luna was completely awesome. I did enjoy the episodes, even if their treatment of Twilight was mostly agitating.

Old November 25th, 2013, 12:37 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
On the very first part of the episode, I kept chanting to myself that [I read too much fanfic], because I can't help but cringe of how childish the early scenes and conversations were, but, as the episode moves on, the chanting changed to [ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh...]. xD

Can't really share something that hasn't been shared by anypony else, but OMG SEASON 4 WILL BE GREAT! :D

Sponsored Links

Advertise here