Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Confusion about Dazzling Gleam

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old November 12th, 2013 (08:06 PM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by EvilWeavile.

So I was doing the battle mansion challenge and I managed to come across a mr mime numerous times. Now it used dazzling gleam and managed to move first before my weavile which has a speed of 180ish at 50. At best a mr mime's speed can go 156 highest. I've read that dazzling gleam has no speed priority, and a quick claw was not used because it would tell me if it was. Can someone please explain how this happened, numerous times, to me? Thanks!

My speed is actually 191 to be exact
Old November 12th, 2013 (08:22 PM).

Maybe the Mr. Mime had a Choice Scarf? (1.5x Speed)
Old November 13th, 2013 (05:55 AM).
AEUG Pilot

From what I've read, the game actively cheats on you and uses the power of RNG against you at the Battle Maison. Most of the time you'll get Pokemon that are strong against your team. Also paralyze, sleep and confusion are even deadlier, as the chances of you attacking will be near zero. I've also heard similar cases of slower mons outspeeding perfect IV and fully EV trained mons.

Basically, don't question what's happening. Just repeat Battle Maison over and over while yelling at GameFreak.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old November 13th, 2013 (08:43 AM).

Quote originally posted by ZetaZaku:
From what I've read, the game actively cheats on you and uses the power of RNG against you at the Battle Maison. Most of the time you'll get Pokemon that are strong against your team. Also paralyze, sleep and confusion are even deadlier, as the chances of you attacking will be near zero. I've also heard similar cases of slower mons outspeeding perfect IV and fully EV trained mons.

Basically, don't question what's happening. Just repeat Battle Maison over and over while yelling at GameFreak.
Makes sense. I was always wondering why my. Jolly Weavile with EVs wasn't always going first. Kinda sucks that they let the battle mansion cheat but I guess that's the only real way to get a challenge after the Pokemon league lol
Old November 13th, 2013 (08:46 AM).

Same thing happened to me I was like wtf. and then on my 28th streak I get swept by a rapidash who outspeeds my team for no good reason whatsoever (choice scarfed garchomp and I had a greninja). And she spams horn drill and it hit 3 times wth lol
Old November 13th, 2013 (09:49 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Well that explains why some pokemon like Primeape can outspeed my max ev Delphox and Blaziken...
Old November 13th, 2013 (09:54 AM).
Kariyai.
CS

It could also be (no idea if it's true) that all Mansion pokémon have perfect IVs. That, coupled with the choice scarf, may explain why some pokémon seem speedier than they should be.
art by Churaka
Old November 13th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Someone should try using thief or use some other move to see if they have items.
Old November 13th, 2013 (07:02 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
I haven't noticed any differences. My team usually moves first before the opponent's Pokemon. I use Greninja, Gogoat and Klefki as opening Pokemon in a triple battle. None have gone after anything unless that Pokemon actually had more speed than them.

None of my priority attacks seem to lose out either. As for favoritism to the NPC, I don't see it either. Currently sitting with a pretty good winning streak. Best I've ever had with these type of facilities. I've mostly fought things I have advantage against and they hardly get to use status effects to their advantage. I even woke up first turn after falling asleep with Greninja in one battle, which shocked me as I usually stay asleep for all three turns.

Maybe I just have some really good luck in battle for the Maison?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links