• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I was actually expecting Hoenn remakes during Generation V. If they don't do them this generation, then they probably won't do them at all period-considering the criticism those games met back in the day.
They were still the best selling GBA games despite that critisism (all five of the Gen 3 games).

Yoshi119

Abbeon
Years
The games may still be backwards compatible, but am I the only one here who thinks, at this stage, getting from Emerald to X and Y is INCREDIBLY awkward? I mean, come on, first you need a Nintendo DS (not a 3DS, many people no longer have a DS if they are playing X and Y), then you need to migrate the Pokémon to one of the 4th gen games. Then you need 2 DS's in order to transfer the Pokémon from 4th gen to 5th gen. A lot of people have missed 5th gen too, which is another problem. And then there's Pokémon bank, which you will have to PAY for after the free trial. A Ruby and Sapphire remake definitely wouldn't hurt at this stage, transferring has just become far too awkward. Possible, but awkward.

Years
The games may still be backwards compatible, but am I the only one here who thinks, at this stage, getting from Emerald to X and Y is INCREDIBLY awkward? I mean, come on, first you need a Nintendo DS (not a 3DS, many people no longer have a DS if they are playing X and Y), then you need to migrate the Pokémon to one of the 4th gen games. Then you need 2 DS's in order to transfer the Pokémon from 4th gen to 5th gen. A lot of people have missed 5th gen too, which is another problem. And then there's Pokémon bank, which you will have to PAY for after the free trial. A Ruby and Sapphire remake definitely wouldn't hurt at this stage, transferring has just become far too awkward. Possible, but awkward.
I agree, transfer from Gen 3 all the way to Gen 6 is tedious...
Btw on the topic of sells I read an article that said XY didn't do as good as BW in it's first week, one of the reasons was that the number of 3DS doesn't match at of DS during Gen 5, similar to how the GBA as a whole didn't sell much...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

You don't need to transfer from 3rd Gen games though. ALL Gen 3 Pokemon are available between Gens 4 and 5 with exception to Jiranchi and Deoxys who were both distributed in Gen 4 I believe.

Gen 5 has the larger number of available Gen 3 Pokemon. I think only the Starters and the Legendary Mascots aren't available in Gen 5 and you'd have to get them from Gen 4. Gen 6 has a fairly good number as well, so all of Gen 3 is available in the current games and majority of them just need the bank to transfer forward.

Transferring Pokemon is not a reason to remake the games.

Reactions: Jak

Persheis

Breeding Purist
Years
Remakes for the 3rd gen have been hinted in X Y, and by Mega Blaziken event itself.
We might be getting them soon enough. Anyways, I think it would be kinda cool! Hoenn was actually pretty cool and fun (lots of water routes with Tentacools... not so much).
Looking forward to Mega Swampert!

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Feels like a pipe dream honestly, people have been talking about it for ages but somehow I feel like Game Freak is just focused on new iterations. I hope I'm wrong though.

Would have appreciated a remake in place of Black and White and their sequels, personally I feel they dropped the ball on those...

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years
Feels like a pipe dream honestly, people have been talking about it for ages but somehow I feel like Game Freak is just focused on new iterations. I hope I'm wrong though.

Would have appreciated a remake in place of Black and White and their sequels, personally I feel they dropped the ball on those...

I agree, at this point, it would have been made, and the speculation about Gen2 remake the first step to gen3 remake was wrong.
SS and HG were only so you could transfer pkmn from Gold Silver and Crystal to the new gen games.
I dream of it happening, but realistically, it ain't gonna happen. :/

Years
My hope is (even though this will never happen like ever) a game where there are 2 regions: Hoenn and Sinnoh [they are my favorite regions] where you can travel in between them. It would buy nintendo time for the generation 7 i have heard rumors about, and i think it would bring back a the old gba feel with the new ds handheld. In gen 3 they already had post-eliete 4 badges so why not just add another region :)

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
Years
Honestly, there is just no need for a remake. Sure, fans will be able to replay the fun game, but there is almost no need for it. FR/LG and HG/SS were made, due to the fact, that the pokemon were unobtainable (because of the systems). However, pokemon from S/R/E do not fit this topic, pokemon from this game can be tranferred by pal park. Also, many new pokemon games now even have routes to find these pokemon from the Hoenn region.

The only thing left is the story, or... they can continue it off in Hoenn, were Team Flare try to make a comeback. But, that could answer that train station in the kalos region. For example; fans can buy a sort of value pack with the game, to go to Hoenn (via nintendo Eshop). It just seems likely, but... unlikely. My point is, there is just simply no point/ need for a remake, I myself am a fan, but still.

Years
Honestly, there is just no need for a remake. Sure, fans will be able to replay the fun game, but there is almost no need for it. FR/LG and HG/SS were made, due to the fact, that the pokemon were unobtainable (because of the systems). However, pokemon from S/R/E do not fit this topic, pokemon from this game can be tranferred by pal park. Also, many new pokemon games now even have routes to find these pokemon from the Hoenn region.

The only thing left is the story, or... they can continue it off in Hoenn, were Team Flare try to make a comeback. But, that could answer that train station in the kalos region. For example; fans can buy a sort of value pack with the game, to go to Hoenn (via nintendo Eshop). It just seems likely, but... unlikely. My point is, there is just simply no point/ need for a remake, I myself am a fan, but still.
You do know that every Johto Pokémon was available in some form in Generation 4 (if not 3) if you combine the ones available in DPP and the transferable ones from 3...really if we're going by Pokémon available only Kanto deserved remakes...

Also Gf already said there'll be no DLC in these games...so that means no "value pack".

@ Poog- post league badges? Are you referring to the frontier symbols? I do want to experience the RSE frontier again, it's the funnest battle facility yet imo. I would also love to see Sinnoh as it's one of my favorite regions. Also it'll cover the Sinnoh starters if they are to give us one, which, if they also give us the Johto ones after filling up the Hoenn dex like in Emerald would leave out the Unova starters...which could be given out in a potential Z. Or replace the Johto starters with Unova and give Z or XY sequels the Johto ones.

Years
Remakes for the 3rd gen have been hinted in X Y, and by Mega Blaziken event itself.

From my knowledge there has been tons of hints Throught X and Y, such as several characters saying they are from the Hoenn region and talking about locations and exclusive items from hoenn, a tv program talking about Mr. Briny, and another character saying "the 40th wedding anniversary is ruby and the 45th is sapphire". If nintendo isnt hinting towards a remake they must be as enthusiastic as some of us are towards hoenn

AwesomeRob

Congrats!
Years
I just recently finished a playthrough of ruby, and it made me really want a Hoenn remake. Sure, it's not exactly needed, but, damn, would it be great.

Years
From my knowledge there has been tons of hints Throught X and Y, such as several characters saying they are from the Hoenn region and talking about locations and exclusive items from hoenn, a tv program talking about Mr. Briny, and another character saying "the 40th wedding anniversary is ruby and the 45th is sapphire". If nintendo isnt hinting towards a remake they must be as enthusiastic as some of us are towards hoenn
Imo the anniversary one is the biggest xD As it talks about anniversaries, and next year we're hitting the 10th anniversary of Emerald in Japan...though I would like Z to come out first so we can finish the Kalos story.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Also Gf already said there'll be no DLC in these games...so that means no "value pack".

Aw…I was really looking forward to seeing if I would be able to download Z as a patch for my copy of Pokémon Y, too!

I would also love to see Sinnoh as it's one of my favorite regions.

I'm looking forward to this, too, but we'll probably have to wait at least another generation before Generation IV's main games get remade even though I vaguely remember that one of those games' NPCs mentioned that this would most likely happen.

Also it'll cover the Sinnoh starters if they are to give us one, which, if they also give us the Johto ones after filling up the Hoenn dex like in Emerald would leave out the Unova starters...which could be given out in a potential Z. Or replace the Johto starters with Unova and give Z or XY sequels the Johto ones.

Starter distributions wouldn't be too bad, and they do have precedent…what do you guys think about the likelihood of this occurring?

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
FR/LG and HG/SS were made, due to the fact, that the pokemon were unobtainable (because of the systems).

All the pokémon from R/B/Y & G/S/C were already available before the remakes were released, players could pick up the Kanto starters in other games (Colloseum for example) that were released on other consoles. I know for a fact that no new pokémon were released in HG/SS as my LeafGreen pokédex was fully completed years before Soul Silver was release. :P

I am SO hoping for Ruby & Sapphire remakes, the Hoenn games are by far my favourite of any pokémon!! If there had to be a good reason, I'd have to say it was down to the sheer amount of things to do outside of just battling... making a good battling set & a good Contest set was a great challenge. Let's not forget the pokémon it gave us, Wingull, Blaziken, Gardevoir and let us not forget the glory that is SECRET BASES!!!!!!!

I think it's finally time for Ruby & Sapphire to return now that pokémon has arrived on 3DS, finally Gamefreak have the power to make the game as it really should be made, deep, rich and revolutionary!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
Personly I think 3rd Gen remakes are a bit unessesery.

They did Gen 1 and 2 remakes because they were the original story and the only games Satoshi Tajeri originly planned.

Even though Ruby was my first game, Looking back on it. They were probably the weakest game's in the series. The tone completey different from the first 2
gens and the inability to catch a lot of older Pokemon. Also a huge step back from GSC as there were no day and night or days of the week. :(

The only good features they added were abilitys and the new EV system. apart from that, they were extremly forgetable.

Just me though, the amount of people wanting Hoen remakes probably means they will happen. I just think they would be a waste of time.

Years
Well if they remake hoenn, they will add more of the modern features such as gts and other wifi capabilities impossible with gba games. It will give a new way to play the game on a 3d platform. Also we are going to have to wait some time in between generation 6 and 7 so it will be a filler of the time in between the generations like HG and SS did in between 4 and 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back