The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Notices

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have been announced! Discuss the remakes of 2003's best Game Boy Advance games! (Are some of us seriously that old?)

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 13th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Persheis
Breeding Purist

Nature: Modest
Remakes for the 3rd gen have been hinted in X Y, and by Mega Blaziken event itself.
We might be getting them soon enough. Anyways, I think it would be kinda cool! Hoenn was actually pretty cool and fun (lots of water routes with Tentacools... not so much).
Looking forward to Mega Swampert!

Safari Type: FIRE
Magmar - Slugma - Braixen
-------------------------------------------------------------
For 4th and 5th Gen FCs. check my profile

Looking for Kirlia and Shelgon Friend Safari! PM or VM me and I'll add you back.

Old November 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
LoudSilence
more like uncommon sense

Feels like a pipe dream honestly, people have been talking about it for ages but somehow I feel like Game Freak is just focused on new iterations. I hope I'm wrong though.

Would have appreciated a remake in place of Black and White and their sequels, personally I feel they dropped the ball on those...
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Karinmo
☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudSilence View Post
Feels like a pipe dream honestly, people have been talking about it for ages but somehow I feel like Game Freak is just focused on new iterations. I hope I'm wrong though.

Would have appreciated a remake in place of Black and White and their sequels, personally I feel they dropped the ball on those...
I agree, at this point, it would have been made, and the speculation about Gen2 remake the first step to gen3 remake was wrong.
SS and HG were only so you could transfer pkmn from Gold Silver and Crystal to the new gen games.
I dream of it happening, but realistically, it ain't gonna happen. :/
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Poog

My hope is (even though this will never happen like ever) a game where there are 2 regions: Hoenn and Sinnoh [they are my favorite regions] where you can travel in between them. It would buy nintendo time for the generation 7 i have heard rumors about, and i think it would bring back a the old gba feel with the new ds handheld. In gen 3 they already had post-eliete 4 badges so why not just add another region
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Pike Queen
La Exorcista

Nature: Lonely
I would be able to live out the rest of my life in peace if this happened. If it doesn't, I don't know what I'll do with myself. ;(

Banner made by a friend on another forum!

"What an excellent day for an exorcism."

If you play Mario Kart Wii or Brawl online, let meh know!
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Gizmo-Dude17
"Sorry, don't mind me."

Nature: Modest
Honestly, there is just no need for a remake. Sure, fans will be able to replay the fun game, but there is almost no need for it. FR/LG and HG/SS were made, due to the fact, that the pokemon were unobtainable (because of the systems). However, pokemon from S/R/E do not fit this topic, pokemon from this game can be tranferred by pal park. Also, many new pokemon games now even have routes to find these pokemon from the Hoenn region.

The only thing left is the story, or... they can continue it off in Hoenn, were Team Flare try to make a comeback. But, that could answer that train station in the kalos region. For example; fans can buy a sort of value pack with the game, to go to Hoenn (via nintendo Eshop). It just seems likely, but... unlikely. My point is, there is just simply no point/ need for a remake, I myself am a fan, but still.

Factory Head: Thorton ~ 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5024-3222 ~ "See? Just as analyzed"
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:51 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo-Dude17 View Post
Honestly, there is just no need for a remake. Sure, fans will be able to replay the fun game, but there is almost no need for it. FR/LG and HG/SS were made, due to the fact, that the pokemon were unobtainable (because of the systems). However, pokemon from S/R/E do not fit this topic, pokemon from this game can be tranferred by pal park. Also, many new pokemon games now even have routes to find these pokemon from the Hoenn region.

The only thing left is the story, or... they can continue it off in Hoenn, were Team Flare try to make a comeback. But, that could answer that train station in the kalos region. For example; fans can buy a sort of value pack with the game, to go to Hoenn (via nintendo Eshop). It just seems likely, but... unlikely. My point is, there is just simply no point/ need for a remake, I myself am a fan, but still.
You do know that every Johto Pokémon was available in some form in Generation 4 (if not 3) if you combine the ones available in DPP and the transferable ones from 3...really if we're going by Pokémon available only Kanto deserved remakes...

Also Gf already said there'll be no DLC in these games...so that means no "value pack".

@ Poog- post league badges? Are you referring to the frontier symbols? I do want to experience the RSE frontier again, it's the funnest battle facility yet imo. I would also love to see Sinnoh as it's one of my favorite regions. Also it'll cover the Sinnoh starters if they are to give us one, which, if they also give us the Johto ones after filling up the Hoenn dex like in Emerald would leave out the Unova starters...which could be given out in a potential Z. Or replace the Johto starters with Unova and give Z or XY sequels the Johto ones.
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Nature: Relaxed
I hope they (and think they will) make a remake, Hoenn in 3D would be epic. (Fortree city, Pacifidlog Town, Mount Chimney, Meteor falls).
People seem to really want a remake so its good business sense for GF to do one.
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Poog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persheis View Post
Remakes for the 3rd gen have been hinted in X Y, and by Mega Blaziken event itself.
From my knowledge there has been tons of hints Throught X and Y, such as several characters saying they are from the Hoenn region and talking about locations and exclusive items from hoenn, a tv program talking about Mr. Briny, and another character saying "the 40th wedding anniversary is ruby and the 45th is sapphire". If nintendo isnt hinting towards a remake they must be as enthusiastic as some of us are towards hoenn
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM
AwesomeRob
Congrats!

Nature: Naughty
I just recently finished a playthrough of ruby, and it made me really want a Hoenn remake. Sure, it's not exactly needed, but, damn, would it be great.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old November 19th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poog View Post
From my knowledge there has been tons of hints Throught X and Y, such as several characters saying they are from the Hoenn region and talking about locations and exclusive items from hoenn, a tv program talking about Mr. Briny, and another character saying "the 40th wedding anniversary is ruby and the 45th is sapphire". If nintendo isnt hinting towards a remake they must be as enthusiastic as some of us are towards hoenn
Imo the anniversary one is the biggest xD As it talks about anniversaries, and next year we're hitting the 10th anniversary of Emerald in Japan...though I would like Z to come out first so we can finish the Kalos story.
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:08 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Also Gf already said there'll be no DLC in these games...so that means no "value pack".
Aw…I was really looking forward to seeing if I would be able to download Z as a patch for my copy of Pokémon Y, too!

Quote:
I would also love to see Sinnoh as it's one of my favorite regions.
I'm looking forward to this, too, but we'll probably have to wait at least another generation before Generation IV's main games get remade even though I vaguely remember that one of those games' NPCs mentioned that this would most likely happen.

Quote:
Also it'll cover the Sinnoh starters if they are to give us one, which, if they also give us the Johto ones after filling up the Hoenn dex like in Emerald would leave out the Unova starters...which could be given out in a potential Z. Or replace the Johto starters with Unova and give Z or XY sequels the Johto ones.
Starter distributions wouldn't be too bad, and they do have precedent…what do you guys think about the likelihood of this occurring?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:12 AM
DanteSolablood
Internet Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo-Dude17 View Post
FR/LG and HG/SS were made, due to the fact, that the pokemon were unobtainable (because of the systems).
All the pokémon from R/B/Y & G/S/C were already available before the remakes were released, players could pick up the Kanto starters in other games (Colloseum for example) that were released on other consoles. I know for a fact that no new pokémon were released in HG/SS as my LeafGreen pokédex was fully completed years before Soul Silver was release.

I am SO hoping for Ruby & Sapphire remakes, the Hoenn games are by far my favourite of any pokémon!! If there had to be a good reason, I'd have to say it was down to the sheer amount of things to do outside of just battling... making a good battling set & a good Contest set was a great challenge. Let's not forget the pokémon it gave us, Wingull, Blaziken, Gardevoir and let us not forget the glory that is SECRET BASES!!!!!!!

I think it's finally time for Ruby & Sapphire to return now that pokémon has arrived on 3DS, finally Gamefreak have the power to make the game as it really should be made, deep, rich and revolutionary!

http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:14 AM
arctofire16

Personly I think 3rd Gen remakes are a bit unessesery.

They did Gen 1 and 2 remakes because they were the original story and the only games Satoshi Tajeri originly planned.

Even though Ruby was my first game, Looking back on it. They were probably the weakest game's in the series. The tone completey different from the first 2
gens and the inability to catch a lot of older Pokemon. Also a huge step back from GSC as there were no day and night or days of the week.

The only good features they added were abilitys and the new EV system. apart from that, they were extremly forgetable.

Just me though, the amount of people wanting Hoen remakes probably means they will happen. I just think they would be a waste of time.
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Poog

Well if they remake hoenn, they will add more of the modern features such as gts and other wifi capabilities impossible with gba games. It will give a new way to play the game on a 3d platform. Also we are going to have to wait some time in between generation 6 and 7 so it will be a filler of the time in between the generations like HG and SS did in between 4 and 5.
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
The Hoenn region is my favorite region too. In fact, I'd say it's the best region period. There's so much to see and explore! I think after a year of playing Sapphire, I was still discovering new areas. Plus the climate...the tropical climate just gives it a warm pleasant kind of feel.

I don't think remakes of Ruby and Sapphire are necessary. Instead, I think they should just make games where you go back to the Hoenn region, kind of like sequels to Ruby and Sapphire. It'd be really cool to go back to the region finally, and see it in full 3D. Plus I'd like to see what became of Brendan, May, and Wally. It'd be really cool if Wally was the champion :D

Dear Nintendo, please make sequels to Ruby and Sapphire. Pretty please :3
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:11 AM
DanteSolablood
Internet Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
As you can see from the screenshots, there are many references to the Hoenn region and Ruby/Sapphire.
The problem is that there are lots of references to other regions as well, plus there is the traveller who states that he comes from a completely new region which could ALSO have a hotsprings outside the Pokecenter as far as we know.

I would LOVE a remake of R/S/E, despite the fact I've been playing from the very start, Ruby is my favourite version of all time... plus they're coming up for their 10th anniversary too. However, if they do knock new versions out they HAVE to keep everything in tact! Berries, Contests, bases, everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
kha111
Upcoming Video Game Master

Nature: Adamant
Gamefreak really needs to listen to the fans. Nobody wants no crappy sequels. We want a damn remake. R/S is eleven years old, so they dont have much of a choice to make one. Even if they do make a X2/Y2 or a Z, bring ot to Hoenn.

Now loading.... .... .... .... ...

The save file has been corrupted.
Old November 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Community Supporter

Honestly I'm expecting Z to come out before remakes in 2015 as going by the pattern that's when Zygarde will likely get it's movie, and thus far virtually every third version has come out during their mascot's movie...look at Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem...and that movie tends to be the second of their saga (with Johto's beginning with 3rd movie of the original saga if I'm calculating correctly...). Unless we have remakes next year or in 2015 like how Japan got both FrLg and Emerald in the same year...would be nice if so...Z in early 2015 and remakes to end the generation. Then Gen VI in 2016 or 2017.
Old December 12th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
So, anyone else thinking the use of Bridgette from Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire is another hint at potential remakes? Other than it making logical sense to use her character as the controller for PokéBank. I mean, they could have always just created an entirely new NPC or host instead of using someone from the past. Also, fun fact for those who aren't aware, Bridgette is Lanette's sister.
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha111 View Post
Gamefreak really needs to listen to the fans. Nobody wants no crappy sequels. We want a damn remake. R/S is eleven years old, so they dont have much of a choice to make one. Even if they do make a X2/Y2 or a Z, bring ot to Hoenn.
Only Hoenn fans want remakes. Pokémon needs to move forward.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old December 12th, 2013, 06:08 AM
LusoTrainer

People seem to forget why the remakes of Red/Blue/Green and Gold/Silver happened in the first place: the games were no longer compatible with the 3rd generation onwards.

That's not the case with Ruby/Saphire, therefore I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Mega Missingno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
So, anyone else thinking the use of Bridgette from Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire is another hint at potential remakes? Other than it making logical sense to use her character as the controller for PokéBank. I mean, they could have always just created an entirely new NPC or host instead of using someone from the past. Also, fun fact for those who aren't aware, Bridgette is Lanette's sister.
I saw the news of this on Serebii last night. Or early this morning. I dunno. Hard to keep track of time when you're sleep deprived.
Anywho, I was excited by this, because with Bridgett returning to man the Pokebank boxes, as she did with the boxes in R/S means that it can't be a mere coincidence

fingers grossed that GameFreak will allow us to more easily trade from the GC games to the 3DS with this R/S remake.
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by molivious View Post
Probably the same case for HGSS. Since G/S/C also got the red card, they had to remake it for compatibility at some point. (I don't recall acquiring the legendary dog trio elsewhere, at least)
Acctually there were two ways to get the Johto legendary beasts in Gen III. In FR/LG one would roam after you beat the Elite Four, it was based on which starter you chose. In Colloseum you could find them and although it was not a main series game, it was possible to transfer them to your Gen III game once you beat Colloseum. Emerald's safari zone included the last few Gen II Pokemon that had not already been included in R/S/FR/LG. The only real holdout was Ho-Oh and Lugia which were both on an island you needed an event ticket to get to. However, you could get Ho-Oh in Colloseum and Lugia in XD on the game cube and transfer them over(a LOT of work to do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LusoTrainer View Post
People seem to forget why the remakes of Red/Blue/Green and Gold/Silver happened in the first place: the games were no longer compatible with the 3rd generation onwards.

That's not the case with Ruby/Saphire, therefore I don't see it happening anytime soon.
However, Gen III is that much less compatible with the current generation due to the Slot-2 being removed on the DS-i and forward devices. (which for that matter makes even the Gen I remakes that much less compatible).

I plan on keeping all my Gen III games, as well as hardware to play them on, I have not seen a Gen III re-make as a possibility, but I would also be very happy if they did one.

My only real worry with a R/S remake would be that then people would start to expect one for D/P.

Gen I and Gen II both needed one. Gen III would be nice, but we still really have access to. Gen IV would start to get redundant.

Last edited by RingoH; December 12th, 2013 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added to my post.
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:15 AM
LusoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
However, Gen III is that much less compatible with the current generation due to the Slot-2 being removed on the DS-i and forward devices. (which for that matter makes even the Gen I remakes that much less compatible).
Doesn't matter. You can still take a Pokémon from any 3rd Gen game and move it up to current games. That was impossible with the 1st and 2nd Gen, that's why they got remade.

Sponsored Links