• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"Saving… please don't turn off the power."

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah, I always remember this would happen to me when I was on the road playing Pokemon Crystal or some game. We wee always traveling and I would never have a place to save so I would constantly try to save and the power would go out. This hasn't happened in a long time however.

TY

The only game that did that to me was when i had a PC that was great for its time, and i was playing Tiberian Sun Firestorm... the last campaign mission iirc.

I finally defeated the main boss, forgot to save and suddenly power fell out, and i was quite frustrated since i had to redo the entire level over again and i had to restart from that point dozens of times before i defeated him again

Ragin Dragon

Dragon Master
Years
That happens to me all the time one game was when i was playing Star Ocean: The Last Hope and i just finished killing Gabriel for the first time and it took FOREVER and i got his feather i was so happy best day for me until i went to save the game and the screen
just froze.... I turned the tv off and went to bed. I didn't play the game for awhile after until i installed and got it cleaned

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Actually, I have a few times with my action replay where I've dropped it and froze the game. I've had to restart fro my last save which can be a pain if you don't save periodically like me. I've actually damaged my DSi XL from the constant drops it's had with the AR. It still plays, but it has trouble reading games sometimes. However, after blowing into the cartridge base and cartridge itself, it'll play just fine. After I got my 3DS XL, I gave my DSi XL to my aunt because she's kind of poor and doesn't have stuff like that. Too bad my mom cut her off from being her sister. :[

On other occasions, I've fallen asleep while playing and woken up to a dead battery.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Well, I was saving on Pokemon Black then suddenly my DS got dead battery.
Which corrupted my entire save data.

TY

I've actually never had that happen but once when I turned on my DS to play Heart Gold, the file had been corrupted and everything was gone. >.< Has that ever happened to anyone?

I had that happen with my FireRed file after my DS died... It was quite frustrating indeed D:

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
I was saving in my Pokemon Ruby game in my GBA SP but I didn't noticed the light at the side was red and then I saw a shiny Spinda I caught I saved it and you now know what happened.....

Back