Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page Roleplay Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 7th, 2013 (08:01 AM).
King of the Hell

Arguing aside...

THE IMPRISONING WAR is up and open to players!
Old November 10th, 2013 (04:15 AM). Edited November 10th, 2013 by Apotheosis.
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Nature: Naive
Took a while, but the library is finally updated again... there were junk there all the way from July, how could I have missed that O.o

Also, you guys should crawl out from the RPC and come to this thread and keep arguing 8D

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old November 10th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Why would you make me crawl out of mah RP-cave? It's so comfy! D':

But since I'm developing a new RP and I'm not that good with BB code...

When looking over new RPs, is CSS/BB coding/general appearance have to do with your choice? Or are you solely dependent on the plot or concepts of it?

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old November 10th, 2013 (10:58 AM).
Kariyai.
ModeratorCSEO

Quote originally posted by Adventure:
Took a while, but the library is finally updated again... there were junk there all the way from July, how could I have missed that O.o
<3

Quote originally posted by DeLaMuerte:
When looking over new RPs, is CSS/BB coding/general appearance have to do with your choice? Or are you solely dependent on the plot or concepts of it?
Whilst not essential I think the appearance of a thread is important. For example, I hate blocks of text where everything kind of merges in to one long paragraph.

I like section titles to be bold or underline or maybe a slightly larger font. I like images, to break up long chunks of text, and overall not too much detail, which some people do tend to do.

Some people use spoilers, but IMO spoilers should only be used to hide extra information that isn't needed at first glance. For example, a map image or descriptions of towns.
Old November 10th, 2013 (12:01 PM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

It's both, but more plot and stuff of course. A well written, non-cssy first post in a RP is totally better than a post with overdone, badly colored css-bombs, imo :3

And I really don't like spoilers for other stuff than large images. Make the text look interesting by the way you type instead!

Common BB-code really should be used though. At least bold text for important mentions or for titles on parts of the text or such.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old November 10th, 2013 (03:36 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
I'll throw in an agreement with what's been said above me. Pretty CSS is nice if you do it well but it isn't in any way a deciding factor in whether or not I'm interested in the RP.

Basic formatting however (Paragraph spacing and making section titles distinguishable.) is a must. Not having CSS might just mean you don't know CSS which has no bearing on your ability to write or GM a roleplay. Not bothering to spend a minute or so formatting your post is lazy and that gets me worried from the get-go when I see it in a first post.

In regards to the guns argument I feel that guns would be pretty effective in the pokemon universe. Pokemon are tough but the majority of them are flesh and bone, a big enough gun would probably be able to take down anything and if anything the presence of pokemon would have increased the development of guns through necessity rather than made it useless imo.

But then again I'm biased since I still have my little rp idea with Team Rocket acting like the actual Mafia simmering away for a time when I have the time to attempt to run it and you can't have the Mafia without tommy guns
Old November 10th, 2013 (09:50 PM).
I am Sylar
Gold Tier

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Hey followed RPers! Some of you may remember me, but if not, I had once been a pretty active RPer here. Unfortunately, I was kinda out of commission for a while.

However, I'm back (hopefully for good) and ready to roll. Just thought I give y'all a heads up!
Old November 10th, 2013 (10:05 PM).
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Quote originally posted by The Final Watchman:
Hey followed RPers! Some of you may remember me, but if not, I had once been a pretty active RPer here. Unfortunately, I was kinda out of commission for a while.

However, I'm back (hopefully for good) and ready to roll. Just thought I give y'all a heads up!
Welcome back, and good health to you! Now for a shameless plug!

Enroll in the Vale Institute of Magic, and dive into a world of magic, explosions, mastering the five elements, school, explosions, romcoms, explosions, and most importantly, explosions (on steroids)!

Also, can you make a girl? There are too many guys, so we're shipping them together, but most of the players don't want to be gay.
Old November 11th, 2013 (03:28 AM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Hi guys I just wanted to review the basic plot of an RP that I'm making. Also any help with GMing would be appreciated.

Spoiler:
Unova: Dark Days

Cyrus was a young man. Even at that time people considered him a lonely, sullen and depressed person. Little did they know that this ‘depressed’ man would be the cause of the near total destruction of the world. Cyrus had sought to capture Dialga and Palkia, but was dragged into the Reverse Dimension. Furious, Cyrus surrounded Giratina with his whole team. Giratina fought tirelessly but alas! What could take hits from six fully evolved pokemon.

Giratina fell, and this resulted in the collapse of the Reverse World. The collapse of one part of the Reverse World resulted in the engulfing of its overworld counter-part with a type of darkness which drew people who lived in it, into a homicidal rage. Cyrus and his team of pokemon, including a Darkrai were not seen again.

The darkness spread fast, first across Sinnoh, then Kanto, Kalos, Johto and Hoenn. Before it reached Kanto however, the NPPC (National Pokemon Police) managed to evacuate most of the inhabitants of Kalos, Johto and Hoen to Unova. The darkness now slowed down a bit and it took a month after it first started, to reach the Western Shores of Unova. The people then flocked to the Eastern Side of Unova, mainly to Black City. However there were far too many people in that side and food was rare. Naturally the people resorted to killing each other and stealing supplies.

Not knowing what to do the NPP were forced to ask the unit which worked under the most difficult situations – the Branch For The Prevention of Destruction of The Human Race (BFTPDTHR) to hatch a plan in order to save the world from inevitable destruction. They decided to track the Eastern part of Unova for toughest veteran trainers. A fact was that some people who were tough of mind seemed totally unaffected by the darkness. They decided to bring the veteran trainers to a rusty, old building that was the Headquarters of the UPP. (Unovan National Police)

They planned to send all the trainers on a journey to Castelia City, which has the only (currently dormant) ship to Sinnoh. From there one of them will captain the ship and all the surviving trainers will travel to Sinnoh’s Snowpoint City. From there they will travel to Mt. Coronet and restore the three orbs that lie fallen there to their respective positions in the altar at the peak of the mountain. This will hopefully wake up Arceus and He will restore this world to it’s original situation.

Old November 11th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

@ Kanea, looks good! Except for one thing - Branch For The Prevention of Destruction of The Human Race (BFTPDTHR) is rather ridiculous :p Unless it's meant to be funny, it is a wayyy too long abbreviation to be useful.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old November 11th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Awesome Dragon
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Adventure:
@ Kanea, looks good! Except for one thing - Branch For The Prevention of Destruction of The Human Race (BFTPDTHR) is rather ridiculous :p Unless it's meant to be funny, it is a wayyy too long abbreviation to be useful.
Yeah I'll change that abbreviation soon.
Old November 12th, 2013 (06:41 PM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by DLMuerte.
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
COMING FIRST QUARTER 2014, I PRESENT TO YOU THIS SHAMELESS TEASER

Spoiler:

YOU MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old November 12th, 2013 (07:19 PM).
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
@Kenny I can't see ze contents of the spoiler tags :O

@Everyone Else time for another wave of shameless advertising.
REBURST REBOOT HAS GOT FIVE OPEN SPOTS, GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE WARM BY CLICKING THIS SENTENCE
In case you're wondering, this is pretty much the plot in a gif:

EXPLOSIONS, PUNTING PEOPLE TO THE SEA, LOTAD, EXPLOSIONS, HOENN, CELINE DION, BOATS! JOIN REBURST!

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old November 12th, 2013 (07:38 PM).
The Unconscious Wanderer
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
It has been quite a while since I've been here. I think 2010 or 2011 is when I was last here. Perhaps even before that.

It's nice to see this place still relatively active, and even with some completed projects.
Old November 13th, 2013 (05:51 AM).
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Well THAT was a quick move. Three days my as.... er, butt.
Old November 13th, 2013 (07:12 AM).
the heroes of our time
ModeratorEO

Quote originally posted by DeLaMuerte:
COMING FIRST QUARTER 2014, I PRESENT TO YOU THIS SHAMELESS TEASER

Spoiler:

YOU MAY NOW RETURN TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING
INTERESTING.

Quote:
It has been quite a while since I've been here. I think 2010 or 2011 is when I was last here. Perhaps even before that.

It's nice to see this place still relatively active, and even with some completed projects.
Nice to see an oldie return, then :3 This is a really active section now, with tons of nice regulars.

moderator:
x Roleplay Theatre

roleplays:
x Crossroads
x Digimon
x Titans
x Legends

Old November 13th, 2013 (09:47 AM).
mm hah mm mm hah
Gold Tier

I was thinking of making a RP based around the seven deadly sins (lust, greed, anger, sloth, pride, envy and gluttony), and have seven characters in the RP based around each of the sins.

First idea which popped into my head was that I could have all seven somehow being invited to a masked party (where people wear masks to hide their identity from other people), but then when they turn up everyone else in the party vanish except them seven and then they are greeted by some kind of an entity or spirit, ones who have came to punish the sinners. The story of the RP would basically be all the challenges that the characters face and the ending would be when they fight back and cleanse themselves from the curse which had been struck on them. This idea is on a basic level for now, and I can see how some things can go a bit weary, but I kinda like the whole concept of it myself.

What does anyone else think, first of the whole idea of an original RP based around the seven deadly sins, and second of the idea I came with? Thoughts are greatly appreciated! :D
Old November 13th, 2013 (10:10 AM).
The Unconscious Wanderer
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
While the idea is used quite a bit, it's not a bad idea entirely. Acting out a story like that is not entirely the worst thing to roleplay.

I'd love to see something come of it. It may need a bit more refinement and fleshing out, but it's not a bad idea in itself, and as you said, it's still in the idea phase.
Old November 14th, 2013 (09:27 PM).
I am Sylar
Gold Tier

@ Kanea: I like it. A lot. It seems like you've already put a lot of thought into it.

@ DeLaMuerte: Can't wait. C:

@Zeta: Welcome back!

Also, just thought I'd place this here and see the communities thoughts and recommendations.

Spoiler:

“Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmistress: Miri Shacklebolt (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear (your name),
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your reply by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,
Eurydice Abercrombie, Deputy Headmistress”

First years, whether Muggle-born or Wizard-born, receive this letter every year, giving them the permission to join Hogwarts School. Most are always overjoyed, nervous, etc. Yet this year, both students, old or new, will start to see the world for what it can be...

Plot:

It has been nearly 50 years since the final battle and eventual defeat of Lord Voldemort, the leader of the many dark wizards known as Death Eaters. With his death came peace and prosperity to both the wizarding and muggle worlds. They were now free of the Dark Lord's overhanging shadow of control.

Though relatively peaceful, it is obvious that many others wizards of ill intentions have attempted to start a foundation for their own conquests and every time, the evildoers were stopped by the powers of the Aurors, the special officers of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. However, lately it seems that the power of the Dark Arts has started to gain strength. Deaths of muggles and wizards alike have happened several times. Aurors have not been able to gain any knowledge of these events. They believe it to be an underground ring of wizards that are slowly, but surely, growing in power.

The Aurors' deduction was… Only partly right... In reality, this “ring” is steadily building up to an army. Any knowledge is unknown, though it is easy to assume the members and leaders are descendants of prosecuted Death Eater or even the remnants themselves. Constantly, the Aurors feel as if they're slowly gaining on these wizards, but to no avail. The growing army have outwitted the best time and time again.

Setting:

The year is 2047, a rough 50 years after the the end of the Second Wizarding War. As said before, it has been mainly peaceful. Surely, while the muggle world has advanced quite well technologically, electronics of many sorts rarely work in the Magical World, though with the power of a wand, who needs electricity? This RP will be based in many of the favorite Harry Potter locations, such as Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, parts of London, etc. (Some locations will be based on characters included such as, the Burrow, Godric’s Hollow, etc.)

You:

Your character (possibly characters) will be a student at Hogwarts during this time, eventually possibly becoming an Auror or teacher. You will decide whether or not you will support what the Dark Army is doing or if you are against it. This choice will help distinguish your character in the future.
Old November 15th, 2013 (02:08 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
hhhnnnnnffhfhghfhg harry potter that sounds all to exciting. i would suggest if this ring of wizards is somehow associated with voldemort please dont go there. i'd like to see brand new villains with brand new motive! give them a really great and terrible back story. you got 50 years to work with. use them!

perhaps use a prophecy one that hAS NOTHING TO DO WITH the actual person harry potter or make the ministry evil or... you've goT SO MANY THINGS YOU COULD DO!!
Old November 15th, 2013 (03:11 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
I agree with Skymin. If you make a Harry Potter RP then make it with new villians. Voldemort has gotten too mainstream c:
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old November 15th, 2013 (05:14 AM).
Furude
ModeratorEO

Nature: Mild
^I'm with them.

JK has given you an awesome world to work with, don't just piggy-back off of her story and characters. I'd like to see where this story goes

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old November 15th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
I am Sylar
Gold Tier

Thanks you three, I'll get to working on it. C:
Old November 15th, 2013 (07:00 AM).
Get 'em, Tibbers!
Platinum Tier

Nature: Timid
Ehm o.o random question >.> <.<
I know this might sound silly, considering the Kalos region and Gen VI are now up and running, but I've been wanting to join a Johto/Kanto-based RP for a while now and the ones I found some days back are either full or dead or just didn't appeal to me .-.
So I figured I'd make my own >->
Already got help with GMing and got an entire first OOC post with some details on the plot and everything ready <.< the extent of the plot and just how serious things are is still under development and all, but we're getting there. I wouldn't wanna post it just so I can RP in it by myself lol xD
So I was wondering if there's still fans of the Johto region and GSC/HG/SS still around that would wanna be in a Johto/Kanto-based RP >u<

"Have you seen my bear Tibbers?"
Old November 15th, 2013 (07:03 AM).
#429: magical pokémon

Nature: Lonely
Oh, yeah, I would join a Kanto/Johto RP if one was set up.

Sponsored Links