The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 582 69.53%
Alright! 131 15.65%
Average 58 6.93%
Awful.. 16 1.91%
Abomination.... 50 5.97%
Voters: 837. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Lightracer

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
Ummm, can you make the next update just a patch (Edited files) for the game so that we don't have to download 70 MB of programs?
Old October 27th, 2013, 03:33 AM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
I noticed you used my hypno and drowzee ones with some edits so I'll try to accommodate in a similar way you changed, but feel free to change it up how you like, since you know it better than I do haha
also I noticed, you did a great job haha, I hadn't played the game until after that post
Hah, yeah, I just polished it up a lil bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feroniamon View Post
I have just defeated Vanish and I couldn't help but to giggle. Her domain as a puzzle dungeon with locked doors was very interesting. Her character was interesting, she doesn't want to die and wanted to cling with her life, until the third generation starts. Now, I'm curious how Necros domain and the "new" chapter 5 will look (I guess we have to battle Zero for Eeveeon again).

Nice to see you liked it, I really wanted to make a classic key and lock style dungeon, but with it's own spin. One thing I'm finding a little chanllenging is trying to nail down consistent personalities. Im starting to get better at it. I gave vanish a more realistic personality than lionheart. who was just "baaah im a bad guy!"

Im totally removing the whole desert chapter of the game previously, as it was too "fillerish". So new Chapter 5 will be what chapter 6 originally was- Going to portus city, TR's silph invasion, the ship. This time, you'll fight zero on the ship. Giosigma, and the fallout to his death will be moved a bit more further in the storyline.

Demo8 will be the one finally filled with new content. You'll get a surfboard. Fight giosigma. Summons will return. and more. Can't wait~!

The strange thing was, it showed the stats of the defeated Pidgey, but I had already attacked Pidgeotto when I used it.

Really odd... hmm. not sure why that was caused in that case.

Anyway, I found another bug, when I was in Vanishs domain. I can save there, but I'm sure we can't save when we are in a domain of a Hypervisor.

Ah, I changed it up so that you can save in the domains now. Just to remove the frustration of loosing against a hypervisor and having to traverse the ENTIRE DOMAIN again. That said, you are stuck in there until you defeat the hypervisor. You can't exit.

Another thing is the Instant battle end, it happened to me in the system chamber, when I fought the last opponent (No Pokémon was showed, but it could be a third generation Pokémon like Lotad). Also with the corrupted Lotad (but I still got the Pokémon).

cool ill fix that up.

I'm a bit accurate with the text and found some spelling errors.

facination - when Elm talked about the reason for researcing the hypervisors. Should be "fascination"
enviroment - when speaking with Lionheart. Correct: "environment"
Suprise battle - when entering a surprise battle. Correct: "Surprise battle"
Arceas - when explained to Elm you have already killed Lionheart. It should be Arceus, but I think it's not hard hitting (it was fourth generation).
B;ack Belt - when selecting the Black Belt item in the refine section. Correct: "Black Belt"
dobt - when M thinks Vanish_23 has moved the night system to the security chamber. Correct: "doubt"
targetting - forgot when it occurs, but I think when the other hypervisors wants to track the player character and using Vanish as "bait". Correct: "targeting"
iformation - when "Oak" says in Vanishs domain, that he found out, M is using you. Correct: "information"

will fix thoes too.
//comments in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
The OP seems to be broken... (Also, change the edit message!)
Website seems much nicer!
The transition between your different projects is a bit awkward since the bottom bar isn't a set height. The info for SPEE also seems a bit... short...

Im thinking the OP might have a bit too much redundant information. I might trim it down to just the essentials. But yeah, I gotta flesh out the website a lot more before demo7b

[Edit]
Plot has been changed to 20 days? :O
Also, you might want to set up a redirect at pokemoneevee.co.cc, there are still some links to that site.
Im changing it back to 30 days. don't really remember why I changed it to 20 in the first place. something to do with chapter pacing i think.

[Edit2]
DarkDoom, check your inbox!
done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightracer View Post
Ummm, can you make the next update just a patch (Edited files) for the game so that we don't have to download 70 MB of programs?
Good point! Will do

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; October 27th, 2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old October 27th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
problem, my inherent "collect all these glitch items in the domains" caused me to get stuck in vanish's domain, the part with the spinning arrow, I went right before I collected any of the "keys" to the colored doors and collected the item, but got stuck because there was no way to continue or get back >.>

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old October 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Phrenos

So, I just registered here so I can give you a bit of a bug report.

After a bit of farming I noticed a few things that are wrong with the refining feature, especially the grass page.

First of all, there is a minor mistake for the move names, Giga Drain shows up twice while on of them is actually Pedal Dance. Also the game completely glitches out if you create a Solar Beam TM, the game will let you get out of the menu but won't take any other input like pressing spacebar or even moving the arrow keys. edit: Same goes for Psychic. Didn't test it with other TMs, but I assume it would be the same for Hydro Pump and Fire Blast.

Additionally, I want to ask if it's intentional that the Mt Atlas dungeon has Pokémon in it which give way more experience(and are way higher leveled) than any other area in the game. You were talking about rebalancing the levels of Pokémon so I figured maybe you started with that dungeon and didn't get to redo something else. If it wasn't intentional though, I thought you might've want to know, so either way, this should help.

And at last, I wanted to ask if there will be any more refining options in the next version because I'd really like to create some more TMs, fighting, ice, (physical) grass, rock and ground moves would be really appreciated. It would at least be nice to have some use for some junk items that pile up while playing the game like dense stones or certain "pieces" (like adamantium/mythril piece).

It feels redundant to mention that now, but I really like the game and I'm looking forward to the next version. I guess that was quite obvious since I already said I was farming for the next version and testing stuff out, but I also wanted to express how much I like this game. x)

Last edited by Phrenos; October 27th, 2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:07 PM
protectorcrimson

Hey I posted a few days ago about a crashing problem and I made the Video. This website won't let me post URLS until after I have made 15 posts. So look up protectorcrimson on youtube the video you want is called SPEG.
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Quote:
problem, my inherent "collect all these glitch items in the domains" caused me to get stuck in vanish's domain, the part with the spinning arrow, I went right before I collected any of the "keys" to the colored doors and collected the item, but got stuck because there was no way to continue or get back >.>
Yeah, I ran into the problem and reported it, you are just going to have to restart the Vanish domain and don't go right, you get to come back to it anyway.
Old October 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Oh yeah. thats a gamebreaker. Seems like a few people have run into this one now.

Heres a quick fix:
download this file, paste it in the eevee edition folder, and overwrite when asked.

https://mega.co.nz/#!s4UGDLBa!LHY_clzNd-4avlKeL-agVUJ4x-tiZ_3xcW3uzl0lJq0

that should fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrenos View Post
So, I just registered here so I can give you a bit of a bug report.

cool :D

After a bit of farming I noticed a few things that are wrong with the refining feature, especially the grass page.

hah, yeah, refining is one of the more harder things to bugtest, so theres probably a glitches with it.

First of all, there is a minor mistake for the move names, Giga Drain shows up twice while on of them is actually Pedal Dance. Also the game completely glitches out if you create a Solar Beam TM, the game will let you get out of the menu but won't take any other input like pressing spacebar or even moving the arrow keys. edit: Same goes for Psychic. Didn't test it with other TMs, but I assume it would be the same for Hydro Pump and Fire Blast.

Thanks fixed all thoes.

Additionally, I want to ask if it's intentional that the Mt Atlas dungeon has Pokémon in it which give way more experience(and are way higher leveled) than any other area in the game. You were talking about rebalancing the levels of Pokémon so I figured maybe you started with that dungeon and didn't get to redo something else. If it wasn't intentional though, I thought you might've want to know, so either way, this should help.

I decided to increase the levels of Mt Atlas pokemon, namely because it's totally optional. You don't have to enter mt atlas for story reasons, so I could just jam it with higher leveled pokemon. It's a good leveling place for higher leveled players.

And at last, I wanted to ask if there will be any more refining options in the next version because I'd really like to create some more TMs, fighting, ice, (physical) grass, rock and ground moves would be really appreciated. It would at least be nice to have some use for some junk items that pile up while playing the game like dense stones or certain "pieces" (like adamantium/mythril piece).

I'll be adding more and more refining options as I progress. Ill try adding in all elemental types in 7b, but it may slip to 7c. Regardless, the next version will come with more refining.

It feels redundant to mention that now, but I really like the game and I'm looking forward to the next version. I guess that was quite obvious since I already said I was farming for the next version and testing stuff out, but I also wanted to express how much I like this game. x)
Thanks for you support, it's greatly appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by protectorcrimson View Post
Hey I posted a few days ago about a crashing problem and I made the Video. This website won't let me post URLS until after I have made 15 posts. So look up protectorcrimson on youtube the video you want is called SPEG.
Ah, yeah. Some older sound drivers doesn't process the boss music properly.
You can get around this issue, by changing the boss music into the normal encounter music. so here's how to do it.
  1. Go into the music folder:
  2. Delete the file: 1-10-Force_Your_Way.mp3
  3. Duplicate the file: 1-19-The_Man_With_the_Machine_Gun.mp3
  4. Rename the copy of the file " 1-10-Force_Your_Way.mp3"
That should replace the corrupted pokemon music into normal battle music, and allow you to get into the battle.0.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; October 27th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:08 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
Oh yeah. thats a gamebreaker. Seems like a few people have run into this one now.

Heres a quick fix:
download this file, paste it in the eevee edition folder, and overwrite when asked.

https://mega.co.nz/#!s4UGDLBa!LHY_clzNd-4avlKeL-agVUJ4x-tiZ_3xcW3uzl0lJq0

that should fix it.
I just tried downloading this but I could not get it to work.
After I click agree and download this pops up.

"Firefox needs your consent to download large files.
Please click ALLOW to continue your transfer."

Sadly no Allow pops up, so that leaves me unable to download it.

It says to do this if Allow does not pop up.
"If you cannot see the request, please click on the icon next to the address bar"
Again there is no icon next to my Address bar.
Old October 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
Yeah, I ran into the problem and reported it, you are just going to have to restart the Vanish domain and don't go right, you get to come back to it anyway.
well yeah I'd need to, it wasnt that hard though, I was just worried I'd fall for the trap the second time around again, lmao
but I didnt see the report at least I wasnt the only chump who had to restart the level

Old October 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
well yeah I'd need to, it wasnt that hard though, I was just worried I'd fall for the trap the second time around again, lmao
but I didnt see the report at least I wasnt the only chump who had to restart the level
lol yeah, a few people have run into it. probably more to come.
atleast it's not as bad as the biggs/wedge magnus freeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
I just tried downloading this but I could not get it to work.
After I click agree and download this pops up.

"Firefox needs your consent to download large files.
Please click ALLOW to continue your transfer."

Sadly no Allow pops up, so that leaves me unable to download it.

It says to do this if Allow does not pop up.
"If you cannot see the request, please click on the icon next to the address bar"
Again there is no icon next to my Address bar.
Hmm.. sounds like browser troubles.
in any case, I've uplaoded it as an attachment.

EDIT: the last file was still broken. It's fixed now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Map0225.zip‎ (3.2 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; October 28th, 2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old October 28th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
lol yeah, a few people have run into it. probably more to come.
atleast it's not as bad as the biggs/wedge magnus freeze.
do you mean the glitch or the literal hundreds of people posting about it?
and so far thats the only real problem i ran into besides the spelling errors and such, but it seemed kinda short, maybe its cuz I did so much the last update that i left myself not a lot now haha

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
do you mean the glitch or the literal hundreds of people posting about it?
and so far thats the only real problem i ran into besides the spelling errors and such, but it seemed kinda short, maybe its cuz I did so much the last update that i left myself not a lot now haha
Yeah, the last version went to halfway through the chapters. so there was only half a chapter worth of content in this one.

Next update will bring back newgame+ though. so theres that.
Old October 29th, 2013, 05:53 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Hmm.. sounds like browser troubles.
in any case, I've uplaoded it as an attachment.

EDIT: the last file was still broken. It's fixed now.
Thanks

Quote:
Yeah, the last version went to halfway through the chapters. so there was only half a chapter worth of content in this one.
I personally have not had the time to go through it yet due to college.
I wonder if School will let up enough for me to Play it first or the new update is coming first.
I know what I'm hoping for

Quote:
Next update will bring back newgame+ though. so theres that.
Glad to hear that, it is easily one of my favorite features especially in games like this where I do go out of my way to make my Creatures awesome and love the plot.
Old October 30th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Lightracer

Just a question, why is the normal eevee named eeveon? ;(
Anyways, when will you release beta 0.731? I'm so excited!
Old October 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Lockmaster24

Quote:
Can you come up with a better name?
Old October 31st, 2013, 07:25 PM
Lightracer

Quote:
Can you come up with a better name?
A normal eevee is named Eevee! Not eeveon!
Old October 31st, 2013, 08:22 PM
Lockmaster24

Quote:
A normal eevee is named Eevee! Not eeveon!
But it's an evolved Eevee. It's Eevee that has evolved without changing types, giving it Eeveelution level stats while maintaining it's Normal typing.
Old November 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
But it's an evolved Eevee. It's Eevee that has evolved without changing types, giving it Eeveelution level stats while maintaining it's Normal typing.
its more than just that, but essentially its an eevee-lution eevee, eeveeon is pretty fitting for that description

Old November 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
Thelegendaryhunter0

hey i foind a glitch when i was done healing all the sudden i couldn't use my bike and now every time i exit the pokemon center i get the message for when your done with it's services
Old November 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
DarkDoom3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
Thanks

I personally have not had the time to go through it yet due to college.
I wonder if School will let up enough for me to Play it first or the new update is coming first.
I know what I'm hoping for

Glad to hear that, it is easily one of my favorite features especially in games like this where I do go out of my way to make my Creatures awesome and love the plot.
Well, school is important! so that should be prioritized.
NG+ will be really nice to have back. But without a doubt will contain a few bugs.

Quote:
Normal Eevee is named eevee.
But halway through the game, something happens which causes Eevee to evolve-> into Eeveeon. Giving it stats comparable to the other eevolutions, and a way better moveset.

0.731 will be arrive when it does. shouldn't take longer than a couple of weeks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelegendaryhunter0 View Post
hey i foind a glitch when i was done healing all the sudden i couldn't use my bike and now every time i exit the pokemon center i get the message for when your done with it's services
Hmm... Can't believe this glitch is still occuring. I thought I got it fixed. Anyway- Talk to the pokecenter lady again and exit, that *should* fix it.
Old November 7th, 2013, 12:34 PM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

I finally got some time to myself to start playing.

Sadly something strange happened after I updated the game.
(Thankfully it is a very minor bug)

My Nidorina had it's sprite and name changed to Nidorino.

The Species still says Nidorina and it's battle sprite and move seems to be unchanged.

Old November 10th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Icalasari
The Icy Basilisk

Found a bug. The mission where you reactive the breaker in the sewer and face a Magnemite?

The guy keeps giving you Thunderwave and $500 each and every time you talk to him. Makes it fairly easy to rack up money
Old November 10th, 2013, 05:09 AM
DragonChalice

Another note on the breaker quest bug. Oh thoes nasty electric -> those.

And a question. Do stone evolved pokemon's final form keep learning moves? Or is it like the official game where they stop?

EDIT: I think my game is glitched. I can't get the Natu on Route 8 to spawn despite having the RC there for most of the remaining game.

And now when I go toward Oak's lab I get one of the final 'sleep' scenes about finding Leon. But it's shifted to the side so I'm staring at boulders and then the game freezes.

Any tips on refining the Boost Up items? (Attack, HP, PP and the rest)

Last edited by DragonChalice; November 11th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old November 16th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Guardian Eevee X
Legendary Figure

Nature: Bashful
Heyo it's me again. Playing though the new patch. I spotted something flipping though Elm's notes, for Necro it states at the end "Has a affinity of Electric and _______" it's blank at the end, is that intentional? or a bug? If it's been posted already, respect to that poster.

Also if this is also mentioned, respect to that poster. But the Houndoor battle I think glitched? Upon intro to the battle it wasn't there, game froze for a few, then auto victory.

Last edited by Guardian Eevee X; November 17th, 2013 at 04:48 AM.
Old November 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
RecursiveAcronym

This game is really amazing. I've only just started and gotten entered the cave, but I'm already entranced. The gameplay reminds me of Chrono Trigger (haven't played any FF games, sadly), and all the quests are fun to do between actually progressing the storyline, which I like. Your rival is hilarious and the graphics fit the game well. The only thing that has bothered me so far is the TMs. It didn't click in my mind that the different Eevee forms were actually different forms because of the different nicknames, so I was really confused when I didn't have the TM moves on Vaporeon that I put on Jolteon. I also must be missing something, because I didn't see any indication on whether a TM would work on a particular pokemon or not and I had to rely on previous knowledge for that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here