The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanmegaman View Post
Okay, well, I find out the problem. I was using Jpan hack, and used the sprite change for the hero, and apparently that was what caused the arrow to be buggy.
Oh pfft lol

Now I have a question (not so simple, not exactly expecting a quick answer).
As you may or may not know or care, I'm in dev of 493 on Fire Red.
I have everything under control as of now except for pokedex loading new pokemon, and cries. Now, I'm focusing on cries. I know that pokemon over 0xfb (251 celebi) Have another order in which they read cries which is why Kecleon's cry is after celebi's in the cry table. Now, I repointed the cry conversion table at 0x82539D4. Since the routine strictly reads cries over 0xfb, I didn't bother putting in numbers under it. However, the cries refuse to read correctly, and most share Turtwig's cry or just play a cry backwards (which is known why). Anyone know anything on this cry conversion thing?

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Nature: Serious
Hello, I'm trying to add pokemon music to my Pokemon FireRed hack. So I have a Music, and I've converted it into a MIDI file. The MIDI sounded so different but still okay, as it resembles the old file a bit. Then when I use Mid2Agb to convert it to an "S" file, and assemble it into the game with SAPPY, the music is beyond recognition.

What can I do?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:27 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Hello, I'm trying to add pokemon music to my Pokemon FireRed hack. So I have a Music, and I've converted it into a MIDI file. The MIDI sounded so different but still okay, as it resembles the old file a bit. Then when I use Mid2Agb to convert it to an "S" file, and assemble it into the game with SAPPY, the music is beyond recognition.

What can I do?
This is because gamefreak's voicegroups don't have all the instruments, only what they use. You must import instruments. It's not going to just know what to do man! XD
My mega-huge sappy tutorial covers this.

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
This is because gamefreak's voicegroups don't have all the instruments, only what they use. You must import instruments. It's not going to just know what to do man! XD
My mega-huge sappy tutorial covers this.
I see! Okay, I'll look at the tut, thanks.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Uh, I'm still having some trouble with this. :s

Some more screenshots to highlight the problem:
Spoiler:

* When I interact with the sprite from below (frame 0), the bottom majority of the sprite is invisible.
* When I interact with the sprite from above (frame 1), the sprite appears on top of the player and the top is cut off instead.

The only thing I can think of is it's a problem to do with Free Space, more-so with the latter off-sets? Having said that,despite the ROM not being initially un-used (I did a good bit of scripting etc.), I don't think I got to the 900000s. Idk. :s

I've tried some things so far but nothing seems to have solved it (changing some of the bytes which i felt might be inaccurate. You can see this above or by clicking here.

Thank you. Sorry it's not the typical problems but it's been driving me a bit insane. xD
Fixed it. I inserted a new palette too. The only problem now is that the sprite doesn't move/some of the frames aren't working however I've encountered this problem before and hopefully I can fix it again. ^.^ If anyone has any comments I'd appreciate it though.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old November 16th, 2013, 12:00 AM
VV
ブラック

Send a message via Skype™ to VV
Is there a way to control the battle critical hit?
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

I have problem with DNS. Okay, so I made a level script cutscene. After the trainerbattle, the day and night system doesn't work, and it reverts to original. After warping away (through the level script action), the Day and Night system works again (I'm using JPAN engine btw).

In addition, how do I edit the animation of the Waterfall?

Old November 16th, 2013, 01:53 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
There are two maps for Saffron City. What's the difference between them, and which one should I use (if it matters)?
Old November 16th, 2013, 01:56 AM
ep!c
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
Quote:
I have problem with DNS. Okay, so I made a level script cutscene. After the trainerbattle, the day and night system doesn't work, and it reverts to original. After warping away (through the level script action), the Day and Night system works again (I'm using JPAN engine btw).

In addition, how do I edit the animation of the Waterfall?
If you have disabled the DAN in battles, it will bug afterwards...

You must research the Waterfall tiles via logging in VBA-Development.
Old November 16th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Aethestode
Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep!c View Post
If you have disabled the DAN in battles, it will bug afterwards...

You must research the Waterfall tiles via logging in VBA-Development.
I tried enabling DAN in battle as well, and it's still like that.

Old November 16th, 2013, 02:36 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

I'm trying to do an Experiment hack or maybe a Hack I'll be working on so I can share it with you guys but I need one thing.....

1.De-Capitalization Patch for Firered

If you can give me links that will be better.

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:15 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedoutfreaky View Post
I'm trying to do an Experiment hack or maybe a Hack I'll be working on so I can share it with you guys but I need one thing.....

1.De-Capitalization Patch for Firered

If you can give me links that will be better.
I believe Kurapika's G3T's Anti-Exploud can help you with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
I also added a 2nd tool, Anti-Exploud, it is meant to help hackers easily replace some pieces of text, mainly for decapitalisation
Though I haven't tried that yet however.
Just remember to save some back-ups of your ROM.
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:21 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
There are two maps for Saffron City. What's the difference between them, and which one should I use (if it matters)?
The first Saffron City map (3.10) is the one which you use in game while the second one (3.11) has no scripts attached and is used to make the connecting routes (5, 6, 7 and 8) appear connected to the city from their perspective. If you stand as close as you can to Saffron City while on those routes you might be able to see one or two tiles from 3.11, but other than that it doesn't have any purpose. I have no idea why GameFreak thought making a replica Saffron City was better than extending the routes one or two tiles in width/ height.

And no, there no real need to use one over the other unless you want to save 3.10's scripts and events :P
Old November 16th, 2013, 05:13 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
I believe Kurapika's G3T's Anti-Exploud can help you with that.
Thank you so much DestinedJagold. :D

EDIT: My FireRed ROM is not supported but it's BPRE........ I still need a Decap. patch.......

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga

Last edited by GreyVirgo; November 16th, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old November 16th, 2013, 08:04 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
Is there a way to control the battle critical hit?
Well each move has a script attached. So you will need to go to EVERY move and remove the criticalhit routine from it using BSP.

Old November 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
awipe1

Anyone know why my advanced map connection isn't working? They are both lined up on both sides of the connection (from the town to the route and from the route to the town the connections are fine).

When I walk from the town to the route there is no problem, but when I walk from the route to the town there is an invisable wall. Any reason why this is happening? I checked the connection from the route to the town and there is a connection there so I have no idea why this is happening.

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old November 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Anyone know why my advanced map connection isn't working? They are both lined up on both sides of the connection (from the town to the route and from the route to the town the connections are fine).

When I walk from the town to the route there is no problem, but when I walk from the route to the town there is an invisable wall. Any reason why this is happening? I checked the connection from the route to the town and there is a connection there so I have no idea why this is happening.
Using a-map 1.95 you get errors. I explain this everyday: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=304
So open in a-map 1.92, go to the header tab, and where it says map connections write 00000000. Then go to another map and back to this one. Then edit the connections to what they previously were, and it will repoint for you. test

Old November 16th, 2013, 08:39 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post

Check your connections and see if there are "offset" values on the offset field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedoutfreaky View Post
Thank you so much DestinedJagold. :D

EDIT: My FireRed ROM is not supported but it's BPRE........ I still need a Decap. patch.......
Oh, well, if you're just starting a hack, you might as well use 11bayerf1's FR ROM Base.
Old November 16th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Pikachu™
Pika Pika!

Nature: Brave
Whenever I try to insert overworlds in nse, the palette seems to change between the frames, messing up all the other frames. Does anyone know how to retain the same palette for each frame?
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu™ View Post
Whenever I try to insert overworlds in nse, the palette seems to change between the frames, messing up all the other frames. Does anyone know how to retain the same palette for each frame?
You have to keep the palette the same for each sprite. So go in irfanview and check each palette. if they are different just export 1 and import to the rest.

Old November 16th, 2013, 08:25 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
You have to keep the palette the same for each sprite. So go in irfanview and check each palette. if they are different just export 1 and import to the rest.
If your working with 16x32s, you can actually make sheets and directly insert them into the rom uncompressed, and then just do some quick table editing. Then you only have to deal with one palette.

Paired with Simba
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Aethestode
Hacker

I'm still having problem with DNS. Even when I set DAN in battle, the day and night system still won't work after a trainerbattle (during a script).

Without DAN in battle.

With DAN in battle

Old November 17th, 2013, 01:10 AM
jatomlinson

I was making new maps and connections in Advance Map (hacking Fire Red) and the connections were working fine when I tested them in game. Then I tried to add a new map (accidentally added it to the starter town... not sure how to add to a different map bank or delete that new map now). Anyhow, now when I test in game (even though I've triple checked all map connections) I can't leave the starter town. I try to walk out to the next map and it freezes and I have to exit the VBA. Not sure what happened. Can anyone help?

Also, when trying to go to the events tabs on one of my maps, I got this error code: "Pokemon Advance Map "Index of the scanning line exceeded the range. (384)" I can still go to the events tabs of other maps I have. Can anyone tell me what this code is, and how I can fix it please?

Thanks!

Last edited by jatomlinson; November 17th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old November 17th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
How to delete maps in A Map

thanks to Saturnus for helping me with the sig

My hack

Old November 17th, 2013, 01:47 AM
VV
ブラック

Send a message via Skype™ to VV
Hi, can anyone answer me question?
Why do I always get this glitchy tile even though I followed the tutorials.

I don't get it. I've tried to delete some parts of it to make it smaller.

Sponsored Links