• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I love that so much, she was slightly sassy but just enough that if she were brought up on it there was basis for deniability lol

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
I don't think it's too late to join, so may I? I'm bi, and I don't care what sexual orientation anyone is--I support them all.

To be honest, I've known only recently that I was bi... and recently I feel like I lean more towards women, but yeah, it's what makes me happy in a relationship, right?

Bisexual is so 1990s.

J/K

To me sexuality is merely another trait in a long list of cosmetic traits. I call it cosmetic because it's inconsequential to me. I am asexual, what that means in humans is that I have no sexual attractions at all, nor do I find any pleasure in any such activities. I find it interesting to see how people react to sexuality and attractions, sometimes it's fascinating, but most of the time it's humorous in some way. Because I am in the extreme minority I am often classified as GLBT, but we already know psychiatrists know almost nothing about reality anyway.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
I'm late on this, but may I join as well? :3 I'm straight, but I've been a supporter of the LGBT community for a long time. I think people should love/be attracted to anyone they want. x3 If that's the right way to word everything. I'm tired as I write this, so.. haha.

Years
Yoooooo I'm baaaaaack!

Welcome to all the new members :) And hi again to everybody else, it's been a while! Did I miss anything exciting?

And I know it was a couple days ago, but did everybody see that Bangladesh is now considering Hijras to be a third gender? How awesome is that!

http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2013/nov/11/hijras-now-separate-gender

I'm hoping there will be more countries following suit, and at the very least giving a "both/neither" option when it comes to gender.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
And let's all welcome Hawaii as it becomes the next state in the US to allow same-sex marriage. Now you can have your marriage and honeymoon in the same place.

I figured Hawaii would be doing this soon, surprised it took so long, actually.

Yoooooo I'm baaaaaack!

Welcome to all the new members :) And hi again to everybody else, it's been a while! Did I miss anything exciting?

And I know it was a couple days ago, but did everybody see that Bangladesh is now considering Hijras to be a third gender? How awesome is that!

http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2013/nov/11/hijras-now-separate-gender

I'm hoping there will be more countries following suit, and at the very least giving a "both/neither" option when it comes to gender.

That's a big step for them. I read a bit about that culture and for a long time those poor people were always considered outcasts, and they don't actually choose to become like that most of the time.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
And let's all welcome Hawaii as it becomes the next state in the US to allow same-sex marriage. Now you can have your marriage and honeymoon in the same place.

Ah Scarfy, I don't think many appreciate your subtle humour as much as they should. You are intensely underrated.

Years
Sign me up as an ally!

Whilst I am heterosexual I am involved with the LGBTIQA (I feel like the more letters the more bureacratically and actually progressive the term is... lol!) organisation in my school and community. I have a number of friends who fall within a variety of the spectrum and while that doesn't by any means make me an expert on the matter it means I have exposure to this being the paradigm of normality in my life. Glad to see even PC has something like this going!

Also - maybe this will change nobody's life/course of action but if ever you feel that you are struggling with a burden, either related to sexuality or ANYTHING at all, PM me I am here for you because you are never alone. Also, RL sometimes sucks and virtual friends are a good outlet!

Shining Raichu

Years
Consider yourself signed up! It's great to see someone so enthusiastic :)

I do have to disagree with you on the acronym though haha, I feel like the longer it is the more likely people are to get sick of hearing about it, and by extension, us :P

Years
I do have to disagree with you on the acronym though haha, I feel like the longer it is the more likely people are to get sick of hearing about it, and by extension, us :P
Hence the name of this club. What a great name that is, by the way. Wonder which genius came up with it? ;D hint it was me

I think there are a lot of people who are already okay with anything gay, straight, or otherwise and might be annoyed that there is still all this gay stuff and gay talk going on. Not because they're against it, but because it doesn't make sense for people to keep fighting against it.

Years
That's a big step for them. I read a bit about that culture and for a long time those poor people were always considered outcasts, and they don't actually choose to become like that most of the time.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time in one of my anthropology classes learning about the Hijras (it was a class on gender inequality (for both men and women) throughout the world. It was a very interesting class), so I was really excited to see that news.

Gotta agree with you there. I got sick of trying to remember which form of the initialism was most current/correct, and it's just so damn long (and is only going to get longer and more intimidating for newcomers, I'm sure). I've started using GSRM instead, for Gender, Sexual, and Romantic Minorities. Less specific, but more inclusive, and covers any new terms that may come up in the future.

Last edited:
Years
GSRM, definitely keeping that one up the sleeve!

So does this club have a topic of the day/external page? Or is it all contained here within the 171 pages hahaha

All the same, loving it!

Shining Raichu

Years
There's no topic of the day - toward the beginning we were more controlled and had specific topics to talk about, but now that we've been established for quite a while we function more like a daily chit chat thread centering around gender/sexuality issues.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Try this acronym, QUILTBAG.

It stands for Queer/Questioning, Undecided, Intersex, Lesbian, Transgender/Transsexual, Bisexual, Allied/Asexual, Gay/Genderqueer.

Years
With all these initialisms, it seems that we're more concerned in spelling out our differences than talking about what brings us together.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
With all these initialisms, it seems that we're more concerned in spelling out our differences than talking about what brings us together.

I can see your point there, but I do believe that distinction is an important thing. Sadly the issues don't always coincide and for that point (and more that I'm too lazy to type up) do I feel that the distinction is important. But, we still shouldn't let that distinction keep us from just being people who love people =3

QUILTBAG makes me laugh on the inside though. The name just seems ridiculous (not necessarily in a bad way) to me.

Man it's been forever since actually made a post. I started college last year and I actually got more involved with the general community since I happen to live in one of the more friendly cities. I learned a lot so it'd be nice to see if I can post here and there now.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Yes.

Thank you.

I hate all of the labels, personally.

Though, it does help us find like-minded people, but in the end I'm sort of annoyed by all of the labels, and acronyms.

Back