The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 27th, 2013, 08:26 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllergicProductions View Post
I did it! It took me an hour and a half and I had to abuse items to no end (though considering how many critical hits they got, I don't feel too bad about that), but I did it! The best part was the final attack: Altaria, the Pokémon who I left at lvl. 95 because it took too long to grind and that I used only once earlier to set up Rain Dance, won with a critical hit Sky Attack; I deserved that after the number of critical hits they got on me. That was a really cool reward for getting four trainer stars. Thank you so much for fixing Reflect and Light Screen; I couldn't have won without them.

I did notice one minor problem: during the fourth part, at one point the text became really small and stayed that way until after I won. I don't know if that was a one-time glitch or if it was a problem with my settings, but I thought I should let you know.

Now, of course, I have to ask: is there anything else that opens up now? I can't imagine what could come after that, but I have to ask just in case.
I guess that is a one-time glitch since I can't reproduce.

Now you got 100% at this game. Congratulations! You can do this event again to receive lots of money. Months ago I had a great idea for a reward after this challenge. I plan to implement this at 1.2.
Old October 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
AllergicProductions

Nature: Timid
100% after all this time. . . it feels a little weird. Well, I'll probably take a break from this game for a while, but after that I'll try doing a few other challenges I had in mind, like the doubles Battle Tower, training the legendaries, and taking on the four-star challenge with a more well-rounded team so I won't have to rely on items so much; I actually have a Sandstorm team at level 100 already, so I just need to fix up their movesets.

But in case I get lazy and don't get around to any of that, I'll say this now: thank you for making this game. I've had a lot of fun playing it, and I think it helped re-ignite my childhood passion for Pokémon. I'll check back here from time to time for updates; I think I'll make it my goal to be one of the first ones to play version 1.2 when it comes out.

Stats
Main Team: Torterra (Mark), Crawdaunt (Corrie), Ampharos (Amphy), Musharna (Kirby), Lucario (Chakra), Altaria (Sora)
Battle Tower (Singles) Team: Gliscor (Stinga), Milotic (Kokoro), Cofagrigus (Bel-Peol)
Pokémon Caught: 227/438
Eggs Hatched: 71
Colosseum Wins: 135
Reached the Second Portal: 377
Hall of Fame: 2; First: 66:23
Battle Tower Wins: 93, 51 Straight
Time: 284:07+

Last edited by AllergicProductions; October 28th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old October 29th, 2013, 03:58 AM
heitres

The game looks awesome, I may try it, if I get some inspiration from your game can I form some ideas for mine?
Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Bombmaster2001

I have a question about the launch item. How and where can I use it? I purchased it at the shop, but I don't know where to use it or how.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:52 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllergicProductions View Post
100% after all this time. . . it feels a little weird. Well, I'll probably take a break from this game for a while, but after that I'll try doing a few other challenges I had in mind, like the doubles Battle Tower, training the legendaries, and taking on the four-star challenge with a more well-rounded team so I won't have to rely on items so much; I actually have a Sandstorm team at level 100 already, so I just need to fix up their movesets.

But in case I get lazy and don't get around to any of that, I'll say this now: thank you for making this game. I've had a lot of fun playing it, and I think it helped re-ignite my childhood passion for Pokémon. I'll check back here from time to time for updates; I think I'll make it my goal to be one of the first ones to play version 1.2 when it comes out.

Stats
Main Team: Torterra (Mark), Crawdaunt (Corrie), Ampharos (Amphy), Musharna (Kirby), Lucario (Chakra), Altaria (Sora)
Battle Tower (Singles) Team: Gliscor (Stinga), Milotic (Kokoro), Cofagrigus (Bel-Peol)
Pokémon Caught: 227/438
Eggs Hatched: 71
Colosseum Wins: 135
Reached the Second Portal: 377
Hall of Fame: 2; First: 66:23
Battle Tower Wins: 93, 51 Straight
Time: 284:07+
Nice and balanced teams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitres View Post
The game looks awesome, I may try it, if I get some inspiration from your game can I form some ideas for mine?
No problem. If you use more than few ideas please put a citation in credits or something alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombmaster2001 View Post
I have a question about the launch item. How and where can I use it? I purchased it at the shop, but I don't know where to use it or how.
Just talk (press the action key) in front of water, similar to how Surf works in official games.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Tryploshion
I become a Pokemon Master!

Are you going to improve the graphics? You can use other fr-like tiles or improve the graphics like HGSS
Old November 4th, 2013, 05:38 AM
balosa

Please teach me how I can find Tyranitar, Ralts and how I can find a fossil
Tks you so much
I'm at rank 16

Last edited by balosa; November 6th, 2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old November 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
Are you going to improve the graphics? You can use other fr-like tiles or improve the graphics like HGSS
Maybe I improve some FrLg/RSE graphics, but I've no plans for graphics other than gen 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balosa View Post
Please teach me how I can find Tyranitar, Ralts and how I can find a fossil
Tks you so much
I'm at rank 16
Tyranitar: Evolve Pupitar that you can find at Underground (very rare).
Ralts: Breed the Gallade that you can find at Local Trade Station.
Fossil: Can be found randomly in Underground at shiny points at walls.
Old November 6th, 2013, 05:26 PM
RaikouEX
Chamipon of Kalos

Nature: Brave
Please can you fix it? It will not work for me! But great job!

3DSXL FC: 4613-7119-2045
Old November 7th, 2013, 01:20 AM
balosa

I had Kyurem, so how to change it to Black or White Kyurem, as well as Keldeo, Shaymin - how i can change its shape ?
And how I can find Dragonite, Loudred, Lapras ?
This is my first time playing pokemon, so i have a lot of question, hope you don't mind it
Thanks you

Last edited by balosa; November 8th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old November 9th, 2013, 10:52 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaikouEX View Post
Please can you fix it? It will not work for me! But great job!
Please post more info (like error message) and take a look at Troubleshooting section at Read me.txt that comes with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balosa View Post
I had Kyurem, so how to change it to Black or White Kyurem, as well as Keldeo, Shaymin - how i can change its shape ?
And how I can find Dragonite, Loudred, Lapras ?
This is my first time playing pokemon, so i have a lot of question, hope you don't mind it
Thanks you
There is no Kyurem/Keldeo form in this version because I made the 1.1 version without the BW2 stuff. You can change Shaymin form using Gracidea item.

Dragonite: Evolve Dratini that can be found at Valley (very rare).
Loudred: Breed the Exploud that you can find at Local Trade Station and evolve Whismur.
Lapras: Surfing at Beach (very rare).
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:06 AM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
FL. I will play your game because its looks fantastic ( I hope my android won't struggle on Nero RPGXP maker )
Great thanks for making this.

Old November 11th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Shadowkiller00

The Super Rod appears to be pretty glitchy for me. It will start fishing, but about 50-75% of the time when it should give me the message that something is on the hook, it instead just resets the fishing script and starts over. The other rods do not appear to have this issue and while it does not break the game, it is rather annoying.

I do have some other questions I was wondering about though maybe I just haven't advanced far enough to answer them (I'm only Rank 12A as I've been having too much fun breeding):
1. Have you considered adding a story to the game? The game can get a little slow when you are trying to level up a few hundred pokemon and you have to fight the same Colosseum battles over and over.

2. Have you considered adding more regions? Either that or maybe expanding existing regions to allow for players to explore more. For instance, the 2nd region (the Tunnel) appears to have a cave just to the left of the first portal that I haven't been able to get to since none of the rocks appear to be destructable. Also near the second portal (also in the Tunnel), there are a pair of twins standing in front of what appears to be a pathway that leads deeper except I cannot find any way to move them. Some other regions have similar mysterious areas that would be nifty to open based on rank and reaching the second portals in some areas.

3. Is it possible to expand the screen size any more than it already is? 480x320 barely takes up a corner of my screen and I wouldn't mind if I could expand it to full screen regardless of how ugly the graphics would be at that size.

4. Why can trainers steal my items? I've lost both of my Exp. Eggs this way (I found one on a Happiny and have not been able to find another one). So frustrating!

5. Have you considered posting which pokemon can be found in which regions? I know you have a guy in the game who will tell you where to find the pokemon you are missing, but right now all he is telling me about are pokemon I am currently in the process of breeding or evolving.
Old November 11th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Zymbolik

omg i love this game dont ever change it
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkiller00 View Post
The Super Rod appears to be pretty glitchy for me. It will start fishing, but about 50-75% of the time when it should give me the message that something is on the hook, it instead just resets the fishing script and starts over. The other rods do not appear to have this issue and while it does not break the game, it is rather annoying.

I do have some other questions I was wondering about though maybe I just haven't advanced far enough to answer them (I'm only Rank 12A as I've been having too much fun breeding):
1. Have you considered adding a story to the game? The game can get a little slow when you are trying to level up a few hundred pokemon and you have to fight the same Colosseum battles over and over.

2. Have you considered adding more regions? Either that or maybe expanding existing regions to allow for players to explore more. For instance, the 2nd region (the Tunnel) appears to have a cave just to the left of the first portal that I haven't been able to get to since none of the rocks appear to be destructable. Also near the second portal (also in the Tunnel), there are a pair of twins standing in front of what appears to be a pathway that leads deeper except I cannot find any way to move them. Some other regions have similar mysterious areas that would be nifty to open based on rank and reaching the second portals in some areas.

3. Is it possible to expand the screen size any more than it already is? 480x320 barely takes up a corner of my screen and I wouldn't mind if I could expand it to full screen regardless of how ugly the graphics would be at that size.

4. Why can trainers steal my items? I've lost both of my Exp. Eggs this way (I found one on a Happiny and have not been able to find another one). So frustrating!

5. Have you considered posting which pokemon can be found in which regions? I know you have a guy in the game who will tell you where to find the pokemon you are missing, but right now all he is telling me about are pokemon I am currently in the process of breeding or evolving.
0. This was made on purpose to make fishing with this rod harder. Maybe I put a more interesting minigame in future.

1. I will put a little more "story" at 1.2, but nothing too radical.

2. I probably put a "different" area at 2.0. I guess that areas accessibles by Launch are enough. I think that rank-based parts are too annoying and I don't wish to put HMs or items that are similar to HMs because this idea (of cut trees, rock smash rock or strength rocks) is overused at main games.

3. Alt+Enter. Anyway, I probably put a 4x size at 1.2.

4. Oh no! I guessed that I fixed this!

5. As more pokémon that you catch, more pokémon locations this scientist will say. You can also use the area feature of pokédex. Regardless, maybe I will put this at someplace.

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions!

Last edited by FL; November 14th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old November 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
loveDragonair

Hi FL!
I have a problem I've lost my Exp. Share item in a battle. A pokemon (I don't remember which one) used a move that I can't remember it's name but look like he switch item with my pokemon.
How can I get the Exp. Share back? I can't buy any more from Rarity shop.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowkiller00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDragonair View Post
Hi FL!
I have a problem I've lost my Exp. Share item in a battle. A pokemon (I don't remember which one) used a move that I can't remember it's name but look like he switch item with my pokemon.
How can I get the Exp. Share back? I can't buy any more from Rarity shop.
The items stole by the moves Covet and Thief are restored at the end of battle, but I forget to test this for the moves Trick/Switcheroo, sorry!

You can buy Exp Share at Pokémon Market at rank 16.
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM
loveDragonair

Thank you so much :D
I love this game :x
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Lanyons
Love Type

Nature: Bold
I have downloaded your game, however due to my GFX card dying recently my temp MotherBoards GFX Card has no DirectX support and thus your game won't play

Hope I will be able to play in the future when I save up for a new GFX card (not going super expensive but idk what im going to pick)
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Skere

Awesome game, but I don't understand how to get legendary's. I heard about the blond lady but where is she? And that depot key. Can't find it anywhere . And can you implement some sort of trading? Online codes or offline files or anything. And as last: Is there any way to fix the abilities and moves for gen 5? And stealth rock is the same as spikes and they both don't work right. But anyway thanks for the work you put in this game and for answering many questions on this forum!

Last edited by Skere; November 20th, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old November 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skere View Post
Awesome game, but I don't understand how to get legendary's. I heard about the blond lady but where is she? And that depot key. Can't find it anywhere . And can you implement some sort of trading? Online codes or offline files or anything. And as last: Is there any way to fix the abilities and moves for gen 5? And stealth rock is the same as spikes and they both don't work right. But anyway thanks for the work you put in this game and for answering many questions on this forum!
Blond GUY, the sprite is at http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=124. I have no plans for trading, this isn't easy to do and may imbalance the game. For the abilities and moves, I wish to put in a future version, but this take a huge time.
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:59 AM
jack17

Hi FL!
How do I get Eevee to evolve into Umbreon???
my eevee lv 58 ,100%synchronized
where i can find kingdra???

Last edited by jack17; November 22nd, 2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
TheErix

How do i evolve my Swadloon? I picked up it at lv 15, now it's 41 and not evolved.
Where i can deposit my Items?

Last edited by TheErix; November 23rd, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Skere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheErix View Post
How do i evolve my Swadloon? I picked up it at lv 15, now it's 41 and not evolved.
Where i can deposit my Items?
Deposit your items at the house without people in, the left-up side of the city with the blue roof. Go to the blue closet and press the action button.
For swadloon's evolution you need happiness + level up. (most evolution info is the same as official games. look at serebii or bulbapedia)

Btw I found a portuguese bug around 2 days ago but forgot to post. If you complete the battle tower in english mode it says. Do you want to record the last battle? Sim/Nao. Maybe you've already seen it but just saying :p Btw: sucker punch doesn't work well.

Last edited by Skere; November 23rd, 2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack17 View Post
Hi FL!
How do I get Eevee to evolve into Umbreon???
my eevee lv 58 ,100%synchronized
where i can find kingdra???
Eevee evolve to Espeon/Umbreon the same way as in Pokémon XD.

Horsea evolve into Seadra by level and into Kingdra by using Link Stone when this pokémon is holding Dragon Scale. You can find Horsea fishing with Good Rod or surfing at Den. You can find Seadra fishing with Super Rod at Den. You can find Dragon Scale at Sea and wild Horsea/Seadra may holds this item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skere View Post
Deposit your items at the house without people in, the left-up side of the city with the blue roof. Go to the blue closet and press the action button.
For swadloon's evolution you need happiness + level up. (most evolution info is the same as official games. look at serebii or bulbapedia)

Btw I found a portuguese bug around 2 days ago but forgot to post. If you complete the battle tower in english mode it says. Do you want to record the last battle? Sim/Nao. Maybe you've already seen it but just saying :p Btw: sucker punch doesn't work well.
Thanks for the reports! I didn't know about the Battle Tower translation mistake. But sucker punch works like Quick Attack because Gen 4/5 effects aren't coded in this game.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here