Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 8th, 2013 (06:18 AM).
Draknir
The God of Fire

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by manutdrule:
is it possible to release a vanilla version where there are no changes to pokemon types/stats (ie. drayano's) that would be good for purists like me.
Yeah, I can do that. It will take a bit of work, but I will begin working on it.

Quote originally posted by Krakanous:
any progress on the latest update?
Its almost done, but real life has gotten in the way of me working on it. Should have it done later today or tomorrow.
Old November 11th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
Krakanous

Looking forward to the update . Btw random question, do pretty much all the tools that work for Diamond also work for Platinum too? Ive always wondered, i guess there isn't a lot of difference.
Old November 11th, 2013 (05:09 AM).
Sniper
ワイルドフラワー

Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
Oh wow, are all legends from gen 1 to gen 4 catch-able?
Old November 12th, 2013 (05:34 AM). Edited November 12th, 2013 by Krakanous.
Krakanous

I guess real life has gotten in the way more, so no update yet. Hopefully this week.

Thought i'd give you some feedback on a few things! I was looing through some of the scripts + after testing in game I found a few things:

- Regice is still only level 30, not 55 like you say in the info
- Arceus is also not 95, he is 80
- Legendaries are too high level, not difficulty wise, 'boring' wise, ill explain further down
- Some references to areas do not exist
- Some tile errors around Route 216, must be to do with the weather system transition.

On the legends point, I think its a bit, IMO, pointless having the legendaries so high level, I don't think they should higher than 65 across all boards, I get they are supposed to be epic encounters and all but once you get them, having them at level 80 or 90 doesn't give you much room to breath with the pokemon + some moves you may of wanted to keep would of gone, etc.

Instead, i think you make the encounters with them in general more unique, especially with the Regis', take advantage of there abilities further and make it so they are stronger without being just high level, weather conditions, forced pokemon scripts, etc.

I like potential to be interesting, rather than just 'oh its level 95, try harder' so to speak, i love the concept of this HACK, so I hope the updates add something more .
Old November 14th, 2013 (07:49 AM).
Draknir
The God of Fire

Okay, so real life has definitely gotten in the way of my working on this (Flawless Platinum is not my main priority, but rather something I work on when I get the chance). I am making no promises, but I should have the next patch up before December.

Looking forward to the update . Btw random question, do pretty much all the tools that work for Diamond also work for Platinum too? Ive always wondered, i guess there isn't a lot of difference.
It depends, really. The ones that I used do, but others don't. It comes down to which ones use narc files and which ones don't.

I guess real life has gotten in the way more, so no update yet. Hopefully this week.

Thought i'd give you some feedback on a few things! I was looing through some of the scripts + after testing in game I found a few things:

- Regice is still only level 30, not 55 like you say in the info
- Arceus is also not 95, he is 80
- Legendaries are too high level, not difficulty wise, 'boring' wise, ill explain further down
- Some references to areas do not exist
- Some tile errors around Route 216, must be to do with the weather system transition.

On the legends point, I think its a bit, IMO, pointless having the legendaries so high level, I don't think they should higher than 65 across all boards, I get they are supposed to be epic encounters and all but once you get them, having them at level 80 or 90 doesn't give you much room to breath with the pokemon + some moves you may of wanted to keep would of gone, etc.

Instead, i think you make the encounters with them in general more unique, especially with the Regis', take advantage of there abilities further and make it so they are stronger without being just high level, weather conditions, forced pokemon scripts, etc.

I like potential to be interesting, rather than just 'oh its level 95, try harder' so to speak, i love the concept of this HACK, so I hope the updates add something more .
I knew about the Regice problem, but not the Arceus one. Thanks for pointing that out. As for the references to areas, would you mind explaining what you mean? I'm not exactly sure. I have no idea about the tile errors.

As for the levels of Legendaries, the idea behind them is that they be higher than the wild Pokemon in nearby areas but not too much. The ones that are 85+ are after the Elite Four, so that's why they're at those levels. Arceus was the highest level Pokemon in DPPt aside from the Magikarp in Platinum, so that is why its at the highest level for a Wild Pokemon besides the previously mentioned Magikarp (And Gyarados).

The only thing preventing me from putting, say, Weather in battles is that I don't exactly know how to do those kinds of things.

Quote originally posted by Sagittarius:
Oh wow, are all legends from gen 1 to gen 4 catch-able?
Yep. All except for Manaphy, which you get as an egg, and the disputed Legendary Phione, which is gotten in the same way it has always been.
Old November 14th, 2013 (04:28 PM).
Chaos_Darkrai

Flawless indeed. Legends on OW!? That's it, best Platinum hack ever. I, myself, have seen NO other Platinum hack with legends on OW. Kudos to you >Entei<! Wonderful job!
But you say you are only a beginner? I think people who are thinking of making a platinum hack should come to you! Beginner? I think not!
Old November 15th, 2013 (04:43 AM). Edited November 15th, 2013 by Krakanous.
Krakanous

Quote originally posted by >Entei<:
Okay, so real life has definitely gotten in the way of my working on this (Flawless Platinum is not my main priority, but rather something I work on when I get the chance). I am making no promises, but I should have the next patch up before December.

It depends, really. The ones that I used do, but others don't. It comes down to which ones use narc files and which ones don't.

I knew about the Regice problem, but not the Arceus one. Thanks for pointing that out. As for the references to areas, would you mind explaining what you mean? I'm not exactly sure. I have no idea about the tile errors.

As for the levels of Legendaries, the idea behind them is that they be higher than the wild Pokemon in nearby areas but not too much. The ones that are 85+ are after the Elite Four, so that's why they're at those levels. Arceus was the highest level Pokemon in DPPt aside from the Magikarp in Platinum, so that is why its at the highest level for a Wild Pokemon besides the previously mentioned Magikarp (And Gyarados).

The only thing preventing me from putting, say, Weather in battles is that I don't exactly know how to do those kinds of things.

Yep. All except for Manaphy, which you get as an egg, and the disputed Legendary Phione, which is gotten in the same way it has always been.
No worries about the tools, the ones i've been using to test through your game work perfectly, even FULL sprite replacement which surprised me.

Anyway, no worries with the Regis. Ahh Ok i see what you mean with regards to the levels, that's understandable so does that mean you are able to catch all pokemon before the elite 4? except those that are 85+? Or including those? Personally I still think having it 95 is too high, i played around with some of the levels to test how each area flows together and i found that personally, the legendaries dont always need to be as high as or higher than the wild pokemon.

Take Regirock for example, is level 30 in Vanilla with wild pokemon ranges up to 53. In this, he is 85 with wild ranges up to 82, so to test i dropped him down to 70 MAX just to test the 'feel' of it and personally it just felt better.

That's just me, as i remember back in Sapphire when i encountered Kyogre despite my pokemon being higher levels it's stats proved difficult to play with.

Anyway I digress, my idea was maybe to give them all special items instead, for example giving Dialga/Pakila there orbs during battle and having them removed when caught/beaten or if that's no possible, give them a type enhancing item instead. I gave Kyogre a Mystic Water + Regigigas a Muscle Band and it certainly made a difference in battle despite lowering there levels.

It's just an idea, it's your hack after all, even if the level were lowered only to equal the wild areas buth ey that's not up to me.

Tile errors are NP, just seemed to be a 'zoning' issue that hasn't come back yet.

With weather, well, you could for example just custom edit the movesets of some of the legendaries like Kyogre, let me list some examples:

- Kyogre: As it already has 'Drizzle' give it 'Mystic Water' (20% boost to water attacks ON TOP OF the +50% from 'Drizzle' would make it hit for 70% more power, ouch!) at level 70 despite my guys being close to 80, Ky was insane to take down, the 70% boost even against my grass types was troublesome, but fun!

- Regirock: Give it the move 'Sand 'Storm' + make it hold EITHER 'Smooth Rock' (makes it last 8 turns again) OR 'Hard Stone' (20% rock move power boost)

- Regice: Give it the move 'Hail' + make it hold either NeverMeltIce (+20% ice) OR Icy Rock (8 turns over 5) AND give it the ability 'Ice Body' (recover 1/16 health during hail)

Those are example of how you could add 'weather' to legend battles, ok the Regi's are 'Inside' a cave lol but who cares?! I just imagine it as they have the ability to adapt air pressure and temperatures around them, there pokedex gives hints to this anyway.

Those are just examples but you can see how giving the legendaries interesting item/ability comboes can make them more powerful by avoiding 'drastic' level increases.

Anyway, I look forward to your updates and will continue playing this great hack .

EDIT

Btw, why do the creation trio have there generation V movesets minus there level 50 move? Seems rather odd to me, unless this was intended as to give them there most powerful moves? In that case, you should have them learn there level 50 moves too as then they will have there most powerful moves (+STAB bonus too).
Old November 18th, 2013 (09:46 AM). Edited November 18th, 2013 by Draknir.
Draknir
The God of Fire

@Krakanous: I like your ideas for the Legendaries. And, yes. All Pokemon barring a little below half of the Legendaries are obtainable before the Elite Four. The Creation Trio's movesets are actually the same as they are in HGSS, where they learn their last move at Lv.46. I am debating changing them back to what they were in DPPt with a single minor edit each, simply because of the level at which they can be obtained.

Okay, the new patch is out now. This is mainly to provide a few fixes for errors and to make a few changes based on X and Y. I have in the works what is most likely going to be the last "major" release of this, but I don't have an estimate as to when that will be done.

EDIT: I'm sorry, NOW the new patch is out. I guess my not feeling well made me forget to update the first post.
Old November 19th, 2013 (04:51 AM).
Krakanous

Awesome , i've already personally changed them myself, damn, the battles are tough lol if i put them back to there original levels it's too hard haha, Kyogre is monstrous ha.

Ah yes i figured that out after researching the bulbapedia, you only missed off there level 50 move so i just tweaked that myself, I'd say keep it as the GEN 5 moves up to level 50, as when you encounter them, they have there 4 best moves anyway so disrupting that wouldnt seem right, as they already very powerful, which is great, these feel like the only exceptions IMO same with Girantina however it would be nice if he knew HEX but its a GEN 5 move so i just gave it, erm...something lol.

What do you have planned for the last major release?? It would be great if there was a was to increase the 493 pokemon, as it would be nice to a have a couple of V/VI pokemon in there, perhaps placed in new areas or specially secluded areas.

I've managed to completely replace sprites easily so that's no trouble at all, i've been experimenting with inserting brand new sprites (fakemon included) and as i said it works perfectly so if you ever took that route, i could help, unless you already know how too.

Ah so we're keeping with X/Y stats now, fair enough, so have you gone through all 493 and edited them completely? Such as the extra effects from moves that were changed in VI such as recoil changes and type assignment changes? That may be a lot of a work lol.

I assume the latest fixes work fine with saves + save states so ill look forward to whenever the final release is .
Old November 28th, 2013 (03:33 PM).
Cybermew
Lazy Actor.....

Encountered one hell of a bug - just fainted on the first route, after getting the Bicycle. Left the pokecentre, and I was in Eterna City.
Old November 29th, 2013 (06:58 PM).
Draknir
The God of Fire

Quote originally posted by Cybermew:
Encountered one hell of a bug - just fainted on the first route, after getting the Bicycle. Left the pokecentre, and I was in Eterna City.
You're right, that IS one hell of a bug. I'll have to look into that. I honestly have no explanation for it.
Old December 10th, 2013 (03:31 AM).
GlaciaTaso

This looks really awesome.
Old December 14th, 2013 (03:04 PM).
Cybermew
Lazy Actor.....

Noticed another bug, although could just be a slip up with file placement - challenge mode doesn't work. Unless Barry's first Pokemon's level isn't raised like it says it is in the documentation, in which case I probably look stupid. Using deltapatcherlite through Wine, if that makes any difference.
Old December 15th, 2013 (03:12 PM).
Eternal248

I noticed Challenge Mode isn't working as well. Roark's Pokemon are unchanged from Normal Mode.
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:21 PM).
Draknir
The God of Fire

I have a feeling I know what's wrong. I'll fix that (Its rather easy) and should have an update within the next 24 hours or so.
Old December 16th, 2013 (05:04 AM).
Eternal248

Thanks a bunch! I'm really enjoying the changes. I would like to add though that I've had random crashing issues on DeSmuMe- namely at the first rival battle and once upon entering a Pokemon Center.
Old December 20th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
Draknir
The God of Fire

Sorry about the delay. Had something come up that I had to focus on before uploading. New patch actually has Challenge Mode as Challenge Mode, while fixing some errors that I caught.

Quote originally posted by Eternal248:
Thanks a bunch! I'm really enjoying the changes. I would like to add though that I've had random crashing issues on DeSmuMe- namely at the first rival battle and once upon entering a Pokemon Center.
What version are you using? I use DeSmuMe 0.9.8, and that works fine.
Old December 20th, 2013 (05:04 PM).
Eternal248

Thanks for the update, I'll be testing it shortly! I'm using 0.9.9. I'll note if there are any other crashes.
Old December 30th, 2013 (12:35 AM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by Linkdude231.
Linkdude231
Hylian Chosen One

Hey I think I might've found a kind of yet not kind of big bug: I battled both of the latis and even though the latios sprite was set, I ended up catching two latias.
Old January 9th, 2014 (01:44 AM).
chiefjeef
Hero Of Time

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to chiefjeef
im a little late, but i cant tell if im playing this or just the normal platinum verison.. is the title screen different from the vanilla version?
Old January 15th, 2014 (11:15 AM). Edited January 15th, 2014 by nemesish.
nemesish
Azure Trainer

little question.
Anybody know how to put ch**ts for this game?
I'm currently playing it on DraStic.

And other thing, while on my way to Sunnyshore I saw the Lati@s.
Caught Latias normally, but when go to battle Latios, it's a Latias. (Latios OW, but Latias battle.)

Pokemon Raptor - Pokemon Island

Hacks I support:
Eccentric Emerald - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old January 17th, 2014 (06:07 PM).
Draknir
The God of Fire

Quote originally posted by Linkdude231:
Hey I think I might've found a kind of yet not kind of big bug: I battled both of the latis and even though the latios sprite was set, I ended up catching two latias.
Quote originally posted by nemesish:
little question.
Anybody know how to put ch**ts for this game?
I'm currently playing it on DraStic.

And other thing, while on my way to Sunnyshore I saw the Lati@s.
Caught Latias normally, but when go to battle Latios, it's a Latias. (Latios OW, but Latias battle.)
Not really sure why that reappeared, but its been fixed.

Quote originally posted by chiefjeef:
im a little late, but i cant tell if im playing this or just the normal platinum verison.. is the title screen different from the vanilla version?
Title screen is not different, nor is the text at the beginning because I will admit I do not know how to edit either of those. the earliest you would be able to tell is by interacting with the PC or the sign on the wall at the beginning.

I will admit I've had this update done for a couple weeks now, but life got in the way of my uploading it. Anyway, its up now and fixes a couple of things, including the Latios battle (It was a matter of my replacing the wrong 0 with a 1 without realizing it).
Old January 21st, 2014 (01:35 PM). Edited January 21st, 2014 by digimonqueen.
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
i tried several times (like 12-15 times) to download the latest update, but i couldn't get it to download. would you mind sending me a direct link to the patch via PM? or post it in a Zip file on here? 'cause for some odd reason, Mediafire isn't working.

EDIT: finally got it after rebooting the computer. don't know what was wrong.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 23rd, 2014 (06:42 AM). Edited February 26th, 2014 by Chief Jambo.
Chief Jambo

Hi,

Just wanted to drop and say thanks for making what's possibly the best Platinum hack yet.

However I've noticed a severe lack of movepool and stat edits compared to other games, this combined with the increased difficulty(which I really like btw) makes it downright frustrating to use some pokemon. So I've taken it upon myself to revamp some of the pokemons levelsets, stats and abilities, many of which are based on XYs learnsets or Mega Evolution's abilities (Filter Aggron for example). IN NO WAY I'M TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS HACK. I JUST WANT TO CONTRIBUTE.

Here's a link of my pokemon revamp, its based on 2.7 Challenge mode and has a document with all the changes.

mediafire.com/download/4z4hbyu1p99u7i6/Pokemon+Flawless+Platinum+Edit.rar
edit:updated the documents to make them easier to read
Old February 1st, 2014 (01:25 PM).
Dragoneer13

Just curious. If it is the hack, what would the PC say at the beginning? I haven't really played Platinum before so I'm not sure what's normal and what's not.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links