The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 13th, 2013, 09:09 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I seen some spammy stuff on the videos my brother watches but all the coments on stuff I was has normal to more mature comments. And once you're connected to Google+, you don't have to deal with it unless you want to. And all the new stuff youtube creators have control of is great. Plus I actually can tell right away when someone replies to my comment.

Old November 13th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
YouTube in itself is ****ed, before the change in late-201, it was great, no problems at all... Since Google came along and started their ******** and now their Google+ ********, I cannot stand YouTube anymore...
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Directioner, Belieber, Potterhead! I love the Lord more than anybody else.

Last edited by Zach; November 14th, 2013 at 04:04 AM. Reason: please don't censor bypass
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:47 AM
New Eden
(✿◠‿◠)
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I still question why I still use YouTube. I really do. They just want to use YouTube, a proven to be successful business model to kick out Facebook. Sorry, it ain't happening. Nobody really wants Google+ since they don't see what it can do what Facebook cannot. Either leave YouTube alone or just freaking merge the two already.
Old November 14th, 2013, 09:58 AM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Well, I realised I make less Comments, since this change, and so others do on my Channels.
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post
I seen some spammy stuff on the videos my brother watches but all the coments on stuff I was has normal to more mature comments. And once you're connected to Google+, you don't have to deal with it unless you want to. And all the new stuff youtube creators have control of is great. Plus I actually can tell right away when someone replies to my comment.
Well more and more I keep seeing spam comment , not sure what videos you're watching. Particularly the good old guy named Bob.

Spoiler:

Proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gyZ35074k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCdwKhTtNNw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyH1...a_TTTXDr5byjww http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutgWjz10sM

People used to spam this guy all the time several years back. I thought he died off for sure, but nope. It's so funny how people think that by spamming YouTube videos with "BOB" and other copy/paste spam comments will make Google change the comment layout back. They'll just find their way around it.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
OMG How many times i have seen this stupid spam. It is so annoying that people like Totalbiscuit and others just turned their comments off. Seeing as more people are doing this, YT comments will die soon or late cause of them.

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old November 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Youtubers now have full control of what can be commented. If they don't want F**k, then ban it. If they don't want check out my channel, ban it. If they don't want bob, ban the stuff that makes up those comments. They have the control to make the comment enviroment that they want, but they wont.

Old November 15th, 2013, 08:24 PM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Well, I've set a small word list to test it, but nobody used any of these words yet.
And you won't Ban them, you have to manually approve Comments, if one of the words match.
Old November 15th, 2013, 10:25 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I really question why people think spamming Bob would make Google bring back the old system, but that's not me so I don't care. I do report them when I see them, although I don't think that would make such a big difference in the long run.

As for my personal opinion, until they 1) ask for my credit card or Social Security numbers, and/or 2) more than 50% ads/BS, I don't give a crap what they do with Youtube, Facebook, whatever goes on these days. They could put flying dildos on the homepage and I wouldn't care one bit, because they're giving me this great way to watch videos for free. I think the least I could do is give them the 4¢ I already give them by putting up with the ads (although they are annoying lol), and let them experiment with whatever.

However, I do think that pushing a failed/failing service on a successful service is probably not the publicity you want to give either product (you know, via your main company).

Old November 15th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Google should just accept that Facebook with all its faults is better than Google+ and give up. It happened with the Betamax, it happened with the HD-DVD, it happened with the Dreamcast. Google only has to lose by forcefeeding Google+ into people, although there are the sheep who will still go to YouTube despite the link to Google+ simply because the competitors like Dailymotion and Vimeo aren't very popular.

And this isn't happening only with Google+. A friend of mine wanted to show the advantages of Hangouts over other instant messaging services such as Skype, but it seems Google fails spectacularly at advertising all of their products that aren't their search engine or Android, since people will still rather go to Skype, because, well, Skype is already established in the market. People won't change their service just because the new one is made by Google.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:06 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
The new Youtube comment layout sucks but lots of people are posting the Gun/Bob/Tank things their like spamming on every page they go..... I'm tired of this.

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Leijon
i'll run away with your foot steps
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
id totally accept google's changes to youtube IF they atleast remove ALL of those annoying ads... like srsly WHAT IS UP WITH THE ADS GOOGLE.

I'LL BUILD A CITY THAT DREAMS FOR TWO.

#moirails @Marisa @Kimisumi #oras #battleserver #pclive #dailybloggity #theshippingqueensdiary

Old November 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM
pixelrynn
SHSL Writer

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaMuerte View Post
When I saw YT earlier today: what the obtuse utter fudge.

I don't even want to associate my G+ with Youtube, but apparently that's inevitable now.
Same with me, I think the way they put G+ in their was pretty sneaky. Google's got its grimy little hands all over its other sites with G+ and I don't like it.
“There’s no such thing as winning or losing. There is won and there is lost, there is victory and defeat. There are absolutes. Everything in between is still left to fight for. Serpine will have won only when there is no one left to stand against him. Until then, there is only the struggle, because tides do what tides do–they turn.”
― Derek Landy, Skulduggery Pleasant
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links