Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

View Poll Results: Would you like PC themed T-Shirts?
Yes 4 66.67%
No 2 33.33%
Maybe if... (please elaborate) 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 20th, 2013 (03:15 PM).
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Hello all,

Hopefully this is better than my other bright spark idea of sunglasses for dogs, turns out they've already been invented

So anyway, what would you guys and girls think about the idea of having Pokecommunity themed t-shirts available to buy? I personally love this forum and the idea, the thought of having a t-shirt that I can wear out and about to show how much I love this place gives me nerdgasms :O Something high quality, colourful and unique to this forum would be wonderful, in my opinion. Just a quick google search reveals to me how easy it is for individuals or businesses to design, print and stock their own custom t-shirts.

It wouldn't be difficult come up with those designs either, I know we have many artistically talented people here who'd jump at the opportunity to use their skills to support the community in a contest for the best designs.

My main concerns are: Would anyone buy the shirts? 1. Apart from moderators and PC supporters, would we have enough of a market to justify creating them? Perhaps a limited run would be best before large orders are placed 2. Are we allowed to incorporate Pokemon into our designs? Obviously we wouldn't want Nintendo to take legal action against Pokecommunity for incorporating their trademarked Pokemon, especially since we are selling them for money. I feel having Pokemon on the shirts would make them so much better, perhaps a disclaimer on the tag that designs are property of Nintendo or royalties are necessary. Or maybe if you completely make a design from scratch they have no claim to it, I have no idea? What is for certain is that there is a lot of fan made Pokemon merchandise out there, not all is official, a quick google search reveals:
http://www.redbubble.com/shop/pokemon+t-shirts

So, PC shirts, yay or nay?
Old November 20th, 2013 (04:02 PM).
awolfsquared
Goomy is love, Goomy is life.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Not a bad idea. My biggest concern is not who would buy them, but if we'd have enough money to keep producing them when supplies is needed. Sure there's money given through donations, but that's mainly to help maintain the server. Though if enough people buy them then you could use money from the sales to keep producing them.
#704 Goomy
Supporter Collab January 2015
tumblr | ask me things
paired to hikamaru
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links