The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 16th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I'm sure we all back things up from our computers, or maybe we needs some extra storage around the house that isn't in the cloud, and that's what external hard drives are for..

So I wanna know.. do you have an external hard drive, or do you have more than one external hard drive? What model(s) drive(s) do you have? What size(s) are your external hard drive(s)?
Fairy
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I had a Western Digital Elements 1.5TB for about three years before it got too many bad sectors and I had to get everything off of there. Luckily, I had enough storage on my desktop server to hold the data until I can get a newer, better hard drive. I'm currently looking at getting a Seagate 4TB USB 3.0 hard drive. This is the first problem I've ever had with any WD hard drive. I'm really a fan of WD, but Seagate hasn't done me wrong either.

I just ordered a USB 3.0 64gb flash drive, so I'm pretty excited about that! I love my ADATA 16gb. (I figured this'd fit in here, since they're basically mini SSDs).
Old November 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Beyond Infinity
Couldn't Outfox a Donkey

Nature: Jolly
I have a 1TB Buffalo Ministation, solely for Steam games. Of the 931GB it actually has, I have about 285GB free, so it should last me a while yet.

I used to have a 200GB one, can't remember who made it, but sold it to my mum so she could back up. I should probably back my stuff up one day. =P
Old November 17th, 2013, 07:31 PM
perthskies
Nostalgic

Nature: Serious
I'm a big fan of Western Digital, always gone for their internal ones with no issues. :D

Earlier this year I bought a WD My Passport 2 TB from Amazon for $150 USD. At the time the 2 TB version wasn't available in Australian retail stores and even with shipping was still cheaper by the time it came out here.

I see now the price has dropped to $128.

Also known as: Optic
My Anime Fansites | Forums
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Right now, I have a Seagate Backup Plus external disk drive. It's the 1 TB 2.5" variant with USB 3.0.

I use it for, yep, backups of the laptop's data (as well as a system image), and it's also used for shuffling around very large files that my 16 GB USB flash drive couldn't store even when it's formatted with exFAT.

I also like how when you remove the USM, it exposes the perfectly normal SATA connectors in both ends... And the fact that you can use said USM for any 2.5" drive.
Old November 18th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Starry Windy
Osha, Oshawott!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
As of now, I have a Transcend Storejet 500 GB external hard disk and Spectra Flash Rapid Store FX 1 TB one, and a 80 GB external hard drive given by one of my relatives.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
sulley

I have a 500gb Seagate HDD, a couple of 250GB SATA HDDs and a caddy if I need it.
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

I have a 2TB Seagate external drive that I got on clearance at Best Buy after my old one died. Wasn't too thrilled about getting another Seagate since the one that died was a Seagate (and only like 4 years old) but it was when hard drive prices had skyrocketed due to the floods overseas and it was a really good clearance price.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Jay0173
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay0173
My external hard drive is actually an SD card that I plug into a reader. It's large enough to hold most of the files that I keep. That is, the books that I'm working on writing. Because of the risk of damage due to the nature of hard drives, I choose to store my files on something that doesn't rely on magnetic tape.

JAY
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
Old November 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Towerizer
Alcoholic Renegade
Community Supporter Tier 4

i have an eGO from i omega it's only 300GBs and 2/3 full I'm hoping i can snag a 2+TB one on black Friday but we'll see how that goes. most of the Hard drive is anime i... "aquired" and other random knick knacks.
shiny hatching value - 2978

Old November 20th, 2013, 01:48 PM
DamienEros

Send a message via AIM to DamienEros Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DamienEros
I have 3 External Drives for a total of about 6Tb after adding in the 2 internal drives. I use them mostly for media, My main os Backup is on a Different Internal Drive while all documents and pictures are on several clouds. One Drive is dedicated purely for Videos(2TB) One for applications and Misc files (1.5TB) and another for Comics(750GB)
Old November 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
So I got my 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive and OMG it's awesome. Using my old flash drives that write between 2-5mB/s makes me cry now.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links