Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Spoilers XY 006 Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old November 7th, 2013 (08:26 PM). Edited November 8th, 2013 by Aquacorde.
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
"Decisive Battle on the Ice! Pikachu VS Bibiyon!!"
Airdate: 14 November 2013 [Japan]

We got the preview today of course! Citron's new invention is a cannon that shoots sticky webs for Satoshi! I feel like they might alternate the invention and proposal gags to keep them from getting too stale tbh. Although I don't think I'll be less entertained by either of them for a long while.
Old November 7th, 2013 (10:24 PM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Citron's Power of Science is the bomb. I mean, why didn't they think of it earlier?

Anyway, excited as usual though since the airdate isn't too far away I think I'll hype. I wonder how the battle of Vivillon and Pikachu go... lol, too many questions.
Old November 14th, 2013 (03:09 PM).

:I

is what that episode was
Old November 14th, 2013 (03:13 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
I loved this episode. The battle was still intense and Viola again surprised me with an attack like Sleep Powder. I thought Ash might lose again, but again I was surprised when he used his head and used Electro Ball to counter Sleep Powder and again they left off on a small cliff hanger.

I don't think Serena is going to be a rival though, unless she decides to do Pokemon Racing and Ash joins her and catches a pokemon or something he can ride. It would be a nice change. Something fresh.

Bonnie again makes me love her character even more when they were eating lol. I like the Power of Science thing as well. I can already tell I am going to hate to see these characters go if they leave at the end of the season. I also can tell they are really hammering shipping in this season as well. I have never seen so much potential in shipping. No sense the end of the Johto Region and a few other places in the original season with Misty.

Darker Than It Seem..
ShadowFighting/Fire)
Party: Noivern, Lucario, and Eevee
PC: None
Old November 14th, 2013 (10:48 PM).
banana-flavored

Nature: Bold
Spoiler:
- so this summer camp idea is interesting
- not minding that at all
-SATOSHI LAUGHING IS THE CUTEST DAMN THING WHAT THE HELL
- dinner with the family
- look at that damn thing
- look at his damn reaction
- look at that damn explanation
- ffs
- i cant with this even
- look at it in action
- no pika dont touch that you dont know where its been
- oh boy
- BBY NO DONT PUT YOUR FACE THERE
- ooooh boy
- what if they got a citation for excessive noise tho
- wow look at this
- lmfao @ yaya and kero
- AW EUREKA BBY
- ugh they took citron away to press amour ugh
- oh damn that electric guitar right there
- ugh amour pressing
- shipper on deck with pansy there
- ametama's movements are so cool tho
- look at the in-field attacks eeeeee
- what
- DAMN
- HARSH WOW
- oh my GOD she is BRUTAL
- that was ATTACK STACKING FROM PIKACHU YESSSSS
- oooooOOOH
- is EURAKA HOLDING HANDS WITH SERENA AND CIRTON OH
- victory credit to citron oh boy satoshi you got it bad
- what a pretty badge case
- oh jesus i just realized it's going to take them for ****ing ever to get to zakuro
- oop

They are SO hammering the shipping. In many directions too I mean Diode is naturally frickin strong as hell and Amour's being pressed hard. I don't even care what they do with that as long as they do well by the characters tbh. Although I don't want anything too set in stone.

Also summer camp? Cool way to go with that. Kind of harking back to that one Trainer Camp in Sinnoh.

Let me tell u that battle? Still amazing. I mean usually gym leader rematches are like yeah same as last time until the Pokémon overcomes the single thing it needs to and then victory but this was still intense with many factors and differing strategies from both participants wow.
Old November 15th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Once again, Viola's signature Bug move, Infestation, is still absent in this battle. I was fully prepared for Serena's furious reaction to Ash not remembering her due to that temper we saw from her from the first two episodes, but it looks she didn't. It looks like everyone has unintendedly helped Ash think of strategies to win his badge, and they fully paid off. Can't wait to see the Rhyhorn race next week, because Rhyhorn is awesome.
Old November 16th, 2013 (01:03 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
The battle was intense, and I was not disappointed.
I was also surprised that Viola defeated Ash's Fletchling.
It made the battle even more intense. I mean, Ash is going to lose once again?!
But nope, he won and it was a very intense and satisfying battle. :3

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

~Serge,
Chrono Cross

Old November 16th, 2013 (09:52 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

The rematch was good, gotta wonder how Pikachu's flimsy tail can smash into the ice without using iron tail though .

I wish Serena was more use, or shown to have some kind of skill. At the moment she just seems to be there as an added extra, with no dimensions to her character. 6 episodes in and we haven't seen her battle (except Fennekin fending off the Vespiquen).

Also a severe lack of Team Rocket - two episodes in a row now?
Old November 17th, 2013 (12:06 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Quote originally posted by Magic Fox:
The rematch was good, gotta wonder how Pikachu's flimsy tail can smash into the ice without using iron tail though .

I wish Serena was more use, or shown to have some kind of skill. At the moment she just seems to be there as an added extra, with no dimensions to her character. 6 episodes in and we haven't seen her battle (except Fennekin fending off the Vespiquen).

Also a severe lack of Team Rocket - two episodes in a row now?
I don't mind the lack of Team Rocket. I honestly hate how they use to show up every episode. But Serena just started her journey, so she isn't going to have much yet. Heck we didn't find out about May until about 9 or 10 episodes in at what she wanted to do. Next episode will probably answer what she is going to do.

Also, I noticed this and I know the anime doesn't normaly follow levels, but Ash's Fletchling used Razor Wind and Steel Wing. Two very high level moves for a Fletchling. I don't think they would make it not evolve the whole season since it is probably Ash's fire type for the generation and not a starter, but I wonder why they gave it Steel Wing.
Old November 17th, 2013 (03:05 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
It's possible that Fletching was released by some other trainer, though it's just a stab at the dark assumption.
Old November 18th, 2013 (07:31 AM).
I am a Dreamer~
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Quote originally posted by Seattle:
It's possible that Fletching was released by some other trainer, though it's just a stab at the dark assumption.
I'm unsure about that, since Dawn's Buneary is revealed to know Ice Beam on the episode where Dawn catches it. And I think, maybe Ash has planned to train his Fletchling to use the Steel Wing (although it's offscreen) to overcome Vivillon after he was losing?

Anyway, the battle between Ash and Viola was intense, and I'm glad that Ash have some workaround to fix the things that he was flawing (with the training too), and even Ash's strategy for Pikachu to wake up was inspired by Clemont's cannon backfire moments!
Old November 20th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

Oh, so Serena knows Satoshi from a summer camp. I wonder why Serena remembers him so much from so long ago, though? Is it really just from that one line...? Well, since this is Pokemon, maybe...the gym battle was quite enjoyable. I wonder why Satoshi chose for Yayakoma to use Steel Wing. If he was going to chose to teach attacks, I wonder why not a flying time move that would be super effective. Oh well.

I wonder if Serena is really going to do Saihorn racing throughout the series, or it's a one off episode. I dunno if it'd really be that entertaining after a few episodes of it, but who knows.
Old November 20th, 2013 (08:16 AM).
Fictional Writer.

Quote originally posted by Jorah:
Oh, so Serena knows Satoshi from a summer camp. I wonder why Serena remembers him so much from so long ago, though? Is it really just from that one line...? Well, since this is Pokemon, maybe...the gym battle was quite enjoyable. I wonder why Satoshi chose for Yayakoma to use Steel Wing. If he was going to chose to teach attacks, I wonder why not a flying time move that would be super effective. Oh well.

I wonder if Serena is really going to do Saihorn racing throughout the series, or it's a one off episode. I dunno if it'd really be that entertaining after a few episodes of it, but who knows.
Same unless they can make it extremely unique each time. It is hard to say honestly. I am sure this next episode will tell us what she plans to do. She does not seem to like racing very much.
Old November 20th, 2013 (08:33 AM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
Oh yeah, Clemont was effective in helping out! Guess his creations aren't always a mess after all, hehe. He's so wonderful. That was a pretty great battle and I've been pretty impressed with Ash's Fletchling so far.. it's been proving to be a formidable foe in all of its battles.

Viola's surprise to her losing was a pretty good touch and overall this was a wonderful battle. While I adored the battle, my personal highlight of this episode were the Serena and Ash interactions.. she's so uneasy but at the same time is so eager to talk to him again. Should've known he wouldn't remember her though, haha! But I do agree that it'd be nice to see her battle though we're only a few episodes in so I'm excited for what they have in store for her next.
Old November 21st, 2013 (10:29 AM). Edited November 21st, 2013 by Apotheosis.
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
Oh my god isn't this the weirdest/cutest exchange between Ash's pokemon yet!

After this episode though, I must say Serena doesn't seem as interesting as she initially did. Maybe she'll surprise us later, but right now she feels to me like a May-copy :p

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)