• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Did you bother with Beldum?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
After you become the Champion in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, you can obtain a free level 5 Beldum from Steven's house in Mossdeep.

Did you bother to get the Beldum? If you got it, did you train it? Did you make it a team member, or did you just box it? Did you bother evolving it? Discuss!~

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I got the Beldum for Pokedex completion purposes, but I never did much with it. I think I just trained it up to a Metagross and then dumped it in my PC. It sounded like a fun Pokémon to use, but by the time I got it, I wasn't really looking for more team members.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I did it for the Dex. I've also traded it in to be used as a party member when restarting another game before, so I've done that as well. Kind of difficult though, since you're stuck with 15 levels of nothing but Take Down. :x

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I trained and used mine for a while. I just really like steel types, and Metagross is definitely one of the best--if not the best--in generation 3. Give it a good move set and it rips through everything in its path :)

Years
I did get it, but didn't bother to train it. Being stuck with Take Down for 15 levels means I'd only train it if I gave the darn thing an EXP Share. Plus, I was alright with my team anyways.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As soon as I saw Steven's Metagross at the Pokémon League in Ruby, I instantly became a fan of it and wanted one myself. So, when I got a hold of the Beldum, I made it an official member of my team immediately and started training it. It only had access to Take Down, yes, but hey—at least it was a powerful move! Thanks to this, it was able to knock down almost any Pokémon with just a single blow. Unfortunately, though, I later to remove this move, as there were some other attacks that I wanted it to learn. After evolving and training it up to level one-hundred, I got it transfered to Pokémon FireRed, and eventually to Emerald. Couple of years later, I had it migrated to Platinum, and traded it to SoulSilver eventually. At the moment, the Pokémon's on my Black 2 version; when PokéBank gets released on December, I will have it shifted to Y. (: This Metagross is quite old, but I still love it! There are plenty of Metagross out there, but this—this one is pretty special to me. I've had tons of fun memories with it.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
As soon as I got it I knew what it would become. I worked to evolve it for the Dex entry then just boxed it afterwards...

Years
Metagross is a really powerful and unique Pokemon as there are no other ways to get Beldum other than breeding. Though it's easy to forget and it's only at level 5 when you take it, don't let Beldum having only one move fool you into thinking that it sucks.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I'm gonna go ahead and answer my own topic here.

When I got Beldum in Emerald, I attempted training it, but I lost interest in it because of Take Down's recoil damage. It sits in my box now, and in Emerald I use it as a token Pokémon when cloning Pokémon or items.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I trained it for so looong, waiting if the evolution looks cool.
Then I saw a metang, that didn't turned out pretty cool. But when I searched at
the Game Faq that is have three evolutions, I trained it more! then it evolved to
a billion times better than metang, that's right.. Metagross, awesome evo of beldum.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I did it for the dex entry and how cool it looked. Plus I was a breeder fanatic back then who just bred jigglypuffs all day, I have 3 boxes filled with jigglypuffs. Beldum was cool for me since I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to look for him and catch him with my precious balls but by the time he was a metagross I had fallen in love with it, it became a member of elite four team.

BigFourHead

I actually suck at these games
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 5, 2013
Always been a big fan of Metagross, I never really did much with it in Ruby and Sapphire since I didn't complete the pokedex every time I started a new game and never played much past the elite four anyway. But in later games, or hacks, I usually will pick up one if I do an egglocke or something and it's an option.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
When I first found the Beldum at Steven's house I decided that I would train it. I left all my hall of famers in the PC and went to start a new journey with the beldum. Of course with only one attack it was tough to train initially but when it evolved it certainly paid off. I took on the E4 again with a new team including a Metagross.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I was actually really serious and dedicated to train this Beldum! Also, I managed to get him Shiny the first time I got it from Steven! :D Was even cooler to finally have a Shiny Metagross on your team, Meteor Mash is an awesome attack too, so why ignore this cewl Pokemon? ^_^

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
I used him, infact he's one of the few level 100s I had back on grade 7 along with Salamence. He is a great pokemon, his resistances are good too. He was a good addition to my team.

Back