• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Did you bother with Beldum?

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
In Ruby, I got Beldum but never trained it. I ended up trading it to Sapphire and used it as my "starter" as soon as I was able to.

Dude492

Hoenn Champion
Years
I used Beldum in my party immediately after reaching Steven's House and training it like crazy, It tore through with the right moveset, it's defense was awesome and if you transfer it to 4th Gen it can learn Zen Headbutt and make use of it's great Attack stat, If you're looking for a Tank/Multiple moves Pokemon then this is a great choice

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Went to his house, found that he apparently wanted me to have it, so I took it because free good Pokémon. But ultimately I didn't use it, and later transferred it forward.

Memoric

Real Eyes
Years
The first time I saw it, I was sad that it can't learn any TMs. Come on, only freaking Take Down? A pokemon, with typing that I like, killing itself? Oh no.

But then Exp. Share was a thing.

I trained it up, saw it evolve, then let it learn some new moves. After it became a Metagross, let's just say that everything in Hoenn was never the same again. :pink_nod:

Years
Of course I used Beldum! Metagross is one of my all time favorites. It has good attack and defense stats and all you have to do to bump up its speed stat is to teach it agility. Needless to say, the moves it can learn are epic and I have always used it every chance that I can.

Years
I think i may have trained it on one of my play throughs for pokedex completion but never properly, i think it was left in the daycare for most of the time.. however i'm planning on soft resetting for a shiny one in the near future :)

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
Years
I did, but only for the sake of completing the Dex. Otherwise, I never bothered to put it on my team. I generally didn't like Steel-types back in Gen 3 and prior, with the exception of Skarmory.

Years
After I beat the Champion I closed the game and did not open it again. Never went to get the Beldum. I still have the Regis, Latias and Rayquaza to catch but I won't bother with the Beldum.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I think I'm one of the very few that didn't get Beldum. I didn't know that Steven had a free Beldum for me. After I defeated the Elite Four, I don't remember much of what I did with the game anymore before I lost my save file.

Years
I most certainly did train it! Its one of my essential and favorite Pokemon to put on a team. Sadly It was a downer that you get it after you beat the game, seeing that every time I play the game I get a Gardevoir for my team and really don't need another psychic Pokemon in my team. But if you give him TM's such as Shadowball and Earthquake, he's extremely useful to have in a team.

Years
I traded Beldum to my other game and then boxed it until my other pokemon were around lvl 20. Then I quick leveled it and used it through the rest of the game. I even bred ot and sent the baby beldum back after I started the first game over

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've never actually tried using Beldum in-game but I have used Metagross a lot on online battle simulators if that counts? Beldum was never interesting to me at the time of RSE so I couldn't be bothered to train one (especially given how slowly he levels up!) but I did always get it for Pokédex purposes. I guess I've never been a fan of using the psuedo-legends because they make the games too easy so it was a relationship doomed to fail haha.

bitelaserkhalif

Falcon Punch!!
Years
Well,I still using it.
BTW,I'm cheating to obtain rare candys,so then it last evolved to metagross(to match our party pokemon).
Their moves are:
  1. Meteor mash
  2. Metal Claw
  3. Earthquake
  4. Psychic
Why I choose it?
Because:
  • Pseudo Legendary;with legendary like catch rate
  • It became sweeper
  • 3/4 move are STAB
  • Unaffected by Intimidate,etc.

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
On my emeral I trained it up and made it apart of my second team I was training g at the time, in my sapphire though, I didn't bother with it. Then again I had a bunch of eggs that I never got to hatch (a friend took the game and restarted it)

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
Years
I always put it in my box, which I guess I kinda regret. But if Game Freak gave us Beldum at the beginning of the game (much like Bagon), I would definitely welcome it to my team. Because Metagross is definitely hardcore beast!!!

Latios77

*** uP ToWn FuNk ***
Years
In emerald I had several teams in place before I acquired Beldum. However I have faced metagross quite a few times in battles against my friends. So I tool the time into raising it. But then I got a ds and completely forgot about it

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I always get the Beldum, but I never raise it. The only hope for the Beldum in my games is for it to be transfered to a new Ruby save and be raised there. I just can't be bothered with a Pokemon that I can't breed to perfection.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Traded one I from from Ruby over to Emerald because I wanted to see how good it was.

A Metagross with

- Meteor Mash
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake

in 3rd Gen = Game Over.

Back