The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2013 (09:10 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

If you have the demo, check the PBS folder. Each card set has its own txt file, in which all their cards are defined. New card effects require scripting.
Old November 23rd, 2013 (01:25 PM).
p.claydon

hows the progress going looking forward to being able to play few tcg matches
Old November 25th, 2013 (08:02 AM).
Maruno

I haven't worked on this mod since the last time I posted about it. It's still on my To Do list; I just don't know when I'll come back to it.
Old November 25th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Zeak6464
The MMO bringer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeak6464
Can you write a guide on how to add it in ?
Old November 25th, 2013 (08:55 AM).
Maruno

No, of course not. This mod doesn't exist yet. All I've got so far is a handful of half-complete scripts, and there's no way I'm going to provide support for them.
Old November 25th, 2013 (09:26 AM).
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

So is this going to be something to add to Essentials so you can play both a classic pokemon game with a TCG kind of "mini" game? I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly, or if it is part of a project you are calling Essentials which is basically a collection of building blocks for different pokemon based game types.

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Old November 25th, 2013 (09:52 AM).
Maruno

I think the TCG is too big to be used as a "mini-game". My intention is for this to be more like a total conversion than an add-on, wherein any game using this mod will be a TCG game only. I will absolutely not support anyone wanting to use this as just part of a regular Pokémon game (even though it'll be possible to do so).

Once I get back into this, I'll rewrite the first post of this thread to have all the information and such.
Old November 25th, 2013 (10:01 AM).
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I think the TCG is too big to be used as a "mini-game". My intention is for this to be more like a total conversion than an add-on, wherein any game using this mod will be a TCG game only. I will absolutely not support anyone wanting to use this as just part of a regular Pokémon game (even though it'll be possible to do so).

Once I get back into this, I'll rewrite the first post of this thread to have all the information and such.
YAY! To me, Essentials is more about an array of core mechanics and I really like the idea of it basically being the building blocks for different approaches on Pokemon FGD than just a compilation of scripts to encompass something that is more of an all-in-one kind of set up. Once I get my 3D modeling down and a base of Pokemon and Characters I wanted to try and find a collaborative partner for setting up a 3D engine core. However, it is such a big undertaking XD.

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links