The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Slaying Moon

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by YagamiNoir4896 View Post
I don't think Gible's obtainable, since I caught a glimpse of the obtainable Pokemon and the only Dragon type you can get is Flygon at the moment. Also, what's inside the egg given at Coral Ward?
As you would expect of a "free" egg in the Pokemon games, it contains Togepi.

Currently breeding: Illusions.
Old November 26th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Lucario505

Just finished Episode 10... Omg, I really want to continue playing >.<"
What's going to happen to El? I get the guy was demented but I can't help and feel bad for him.
Adrienn is so awesome!! Xe's just adding more to the mystery of this whole story x)
Randomus is so creepy to me now... At first I thought he was pretty cool, but now he has this maniacal "puppet master" kind of vibe to him... Idk, I just don't feel like you can trust that guy no matter how awesome his outfits are!!
Besides his character he was relatively easy to beat, I didn't even know his team but surprisingly I had a Pokemon to combat his. I might have gotten a bit lucky with the critical hits though xD
I praise those of you who took the challenge and fought Arceus, personally he was just too powerful for me.
This game never fails to impress me :D
-that one side quest was pretty fun, luckily the puzzles weren't as difficult as the gym, can't wait to go test my theory on that key later xD
-Totally found Solosis by accident though

Team Used to take down Randomus:
-Simisage(Forrest) lvl. 58
-Magmar(Flame) lvl. 58
-Magnezone(Charge) lvl. 57
-Sharpedo(Cascada) lvl. 57
-Dusclops(Dusk) lvl. 58
-Scrafty(Punk) lvl. 59
[Had to grind up these guys, along with the others I've been raising, before I could even start the story... 3 hours of wild Buffalant ._."]
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
webik

Nice game, I don't know if sombody asked, but is that girl character Cynthia? :D
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Slaying Moon

Anyone know of a good strategy to use against Shelly's Yanmega? I'm stuck because that thing destroys my entire team.

Old November 27th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Jean mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaying Moon View Post
Anyone know of a good strategy to use against Shelly's Yanmega? I'm stuck because that thing destroys my entire team.
The best strategy is to use a pokemon with sturdy and a rock type move like Boldore or Graveller. Beware that dwebble didn't set up hazards though, rock blast from any of the 2 previous examples can OHKO it.

I hope that helps .

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM
21Pilots

This is one of the coolest fangames ive ever played. Just one problem...

My Pokemon are level 20-22 and ive only beaten the first gym. When my Pokemon reach lvl 25, they wont obey me anymore. Theres a lot of trainers in the Obsidia Slums, which will probably boost my Pokemon to lvl 25 in no time, so you see where I'm going? There's just way too many trainers and my Pokemon get too overleveled because of it. Idk what to do now

EDIT: I also really wanted to catch one of the Scraggy's how you come you had to make them a Pokemon Trainer instead of a wild Pokemon

EDIT2: OMG I FOUND A SHINY BELLSPROUT

Last edited by 21Pilots; November 27th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Lucario505

If your Pokemon get over leveled you can always go to the Obsidia Ward Candy Shop and by some Common Candies to level them down or you could always try to catch and train more Pokemon so you don't get over leveled so fast.
-Scraggy is obtainable, you're just going to have to trust me on this, and go back and look for one in the Slums *he's an event Pokemon, so don't expect to find him in the wild*

Hey does anyone know if a Reaper Cloth is obtainable yet? *Hints??*
Also, since Fairy types are about to be added into this game, including the type changes, does that mean that Noel will be losing Cafabel as his signature Pokemon? :o

-looking for more sidequests
-found the place for the key, it pays off to read those "Readme"s, thanks for the hint x) it raised more questions about the storyline though xD what was going on in that video??

Last edited by Lucario505; November 28th, 2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:34 AM
21Pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario505 View Post
If your Pokemon get over leveled you can always go to the Obsidia Ward Candy Shop and by some Common Candies to level them down or you could always try to catch and train more Pokemon so you don't get over leveled so fast.
-Scraggy is obtainable, you're just going to have to trust me on this, and go back and look for one in the Slums *he's an event Pokemon, so don't expect to find him in the wild*
Ah, but I have 5 Pokes in my team, an upgrade from the 2 I had when I made my first post above, yet they are already nearing lvl 25 fast. And with the Common Candys, that will just make my Pokemon weaker against Florinia (since I'm at her gym) :/ ah well, thanks for the tip about Scraggy, he might help against her Cradily and such since I couldn't do anything to it on my first try DX

EDIT: forgot to say my burning hatred for Fern after just three encounters with him. Pisses me off the way he carries himself

EDIT2: Well after countless tries, I finally beat Florinia. Brick Break on my new Scrafty really helped :D I was also delighted to see that the Canopy Badge lets Pokemon up to lvl 35 obey you, Arceus was looking down on me on that moment XD

Last edited by 21Pilots; November 28th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:41 PM
VerdeWare
...death is only the beginning

Nature: Mild
love this game a lot it has a very good story line:D

also btw, how did you sprite the overwolrds?, especially on shade (my fav) how did you make that?

sorry lastly, when are you going to add legendaries?, I would love to see rayquaza in this game, like you are climbing to a summit then BOOM! rayquaza :D

Rayquaza I will always love you...just like from the beginning....

Last edited by VerdeWare; December 4th, 2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 5th, 2013, 09:14 PM
S-25

Srsly, I love this game. Usually I don't like demos and I don't like RMXP games with real pokémon in it (cause there's a bit more to explore with fakemon) but this hack was an exception 'cause it looked promising ("hmm, episode 10, so 10 gyms, let's try this out!").
And whoa, I wasn't disapponted once in the game. I have 4 badges now with 5 pokémon ~Lv45.

And the storyline is really great. 2nd visit at Pyrous Mountain....what the... ;_____;

Keep up the great work!
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM
大輔
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
Interesting game, this looks really awesome! Also, I love the reborn server on Pokemon Online, thanks a lot for your hard work and good community!~

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Slaying Moon

I had so much trouble taking Shade down, mainly because of his Chandelure, but I finally managed it. My current team is:
Blaziken L.41 (Double Kick, Peck, Focus Energy, Blaze Kick)
Gyarados L.30 (Rock Smash, Tackle, Bite, Twister)
Emolga L.40 (Spark, Acrobatics, Electro Ball, Charge Beam)
Gloom L.34 (Grass Knot, Cut, Acid, Stun Spore)
Noctowl (shiny) L.29 (Hypnosis, Echoed Voice, Uproar, Confusion)
Kirlia L.28 (Magical Leaf, Confusion, Charge Beam, Teleport)

Also, on the official website, it says that both Eevee and Riolu can be caught. Where can I find them?

Last edited by Slaying Moon; December 17th, 2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old December 17th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Jean mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaying Moon View Post
I had so much trouble taking Shade down, mainly because of his Chandelure, but I finally managed it. My current team is:
Blaziken L.41 (Double Kick, Peck, Focus Energy, Blaze Kick)
Gyarados L.30 (Rock Smash, Tackle, Bite, Twister)
Emolga L.40 (Spark, Acrobatics, Electro Ball, Charge Beam)
Gloom L.34 (Grass Knot, Cut, Acid, Stun Spore)
Noctowl (shiny) L.29 (Hypnosis, Echoed Voice, Uproar, Confusion)
Kirlia L.28 (Magical Leaf, Confusion, Charge Beam, Teleport)

Also, on the official website, it says that both Eevee and Riolu can be caught. Where can I find them?
They're found later in the game. You can trade a Luvdisc for a Riolu in the Academy and Eevee is found the forest east of reborn but it's quite complicated to get it. Search on Youtube, there's a guide vid for it.

Old December 20th, 2013, 01:35 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Aaaaaaah I have totally neglected this topic, I'm sorry~ Looks like you guys are doing a good job at helping each other out so I'm glad for that.

Also, I'm happy you guys are enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skere View Post
Seems to be a nice game, does it include shiny's?
this game includes so many shinies you don't even know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligerre View Post
Two thing
-Teleport is OP
dont remind me :I ill be fixing that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario505 View Post
Hey does anyone know if a Reaper Cloth is obtainable yet? *Hints??*
Also, since Fairy types are about to be added into this game, including the type changes, does that mean that Noel will be losing Cafabel as his signature Pokemon? :o
The obtainable list doesn't show le Dusknoir, so that's negative on the reaper cloth, sorry
As for Noel, I had a brief discussion with this on my forum, and although I don't usually like this, gym leaders even in the main series do sometimes have Wild Cards. Because it's akin to his best-buddy Nomos and because it's understood it was formerly Normal type, I'm currently leaning towards letting him keep it. Open to feed back on this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeWare View Post
also btw, how did you sprite the overwolrds?, especially on shade (my fav) how did you make that?

sorry lastly, when are you going to add legendaries?, I would love to see rayquaza in this game, like you are climbing to a summit then BOOM! rayquaza :D
I actually made a spriting tutorialish thing on my youtube. You can see me working on Luna's overworld here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdxszsk-hSE
I'm afraid I don't have anything like that for Shade but it's honestly not that different for any character

Quote:
Originally Posted by webik View Post
Nice game, I don't know if sombody asked, but is that girl character Cynthia? :D
She is not, just a similar hair colour/style (The protagonists were made from some of the most popular items in Reborn's sprite store at the time; Cynthia's hair happened to be the most popular girl's style)

However, times have changed.
And thus, so must the protagonists.

I've been a bit late on delivering this news post, but here it is.

Kuro and Lucia will be joining our existing protagonists on the train bound for Reborn City starting in Episode 11!

For current players who wish to switch over to these new protagonist appearances, I will probably include a temporary option to do so in the next release.

However! Not to be outdone by the newly drawn protagonists, our existing main characters, Vero and Alice have also received a sort of make-over. When I initially sprited the present protagonists I was attempting to keep to the old 3rd gen 8-bit style. Over the months I've moved away from that with a lot of the other sprites, so I figured it was time to bring the protagonists up to speed.

Old December 20th, 2013, 08:49 AM
mdman1

I just discovered this great game more than a week ago through Youtube.

I love the challenge it offers and played all the way to the most recent episode. This was my first fan made game and it didn't disappoint! The story is pretty damn good but sometimes stretches SoD, especially the young ages of some of the gym leaders. Though having researched the background the game more I realise its not something that can be changed. Nevertheless the story is managing to be cool and interesting and I look forward to where it goes next. I'm thinking of doing a text based Lets Play of Pokemon Reborn on a forum I frequent.

I tried signing into the forum on the official Reborn website (under the same username) several days ago but the admin still hasn't approved me so I can't post or reply.

BTW Amethyst, Reborn was the reason I found this website (and a bunch of other neat fan games) so I hope you don't mind me putting your username in the referral box. Since you technically led to me signing up here.

On one last note I choose my avatar as Pacharrissu in honour of the number of times it has saved my bacon in tough reborn gym battles. Its Charm attack shutting even the mightiest physical attackers down and its thunder wave paralyse hax was invaluable. All other stats apart from speed were garbage, but combined with hyper fang taking away 50% hp made this little rodent a trusted team member all the way up to Serra (who I lost all sympathy for after she beat me literally 50 times over and over but thats another story).

Last edited by mdman1; December 22nd, 2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Nekxen

This game is amazing! Discovered it about a week ago and got my friends into it as well. I was wondering though, is there any way to make this game run on an emulator? I play a lot of roms on my phone and so I use a GBA emulator. I play Pokemon Reborn on PC but I can't use my PC everywhere but I can use my phone almost anywhere.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Slaying Moon

Anyone know a good strategy, using my current team, and without leaving Spinel Town, to defeat Serra? My current team is (the high levels are because of Aya. I was forced to buy a crap-ton of Rare Candies):

Blaziken L.55 @Quick Claw (Double Kick, Brave Bird, Slash, Blaze Kick)
Gyarados L.55 @Red Card (Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Strength, Rock Smash)
Gardevoir L.54 @Scope Lens (Magical Leaf, Psychic, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball)
Noctowl (shiny) L.55 @Silk Scarf (Shadow Ball, Air Slash, Uproar, Extrasensory)
Gloom L.55 @Miracle Seed (Petal Dance, Cut, Acid, Stun Spore)
Emolga L.55 (Discharge, Acrobatics, Electro Ball, Agility)

Old December 22nd, 2013, 04:34 PM
Elios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekxen View Post
This game is amazing! Discovered it about a week ago and got my friends into it as well. I was wondering though, is there any way to make this game run on an emulator? I play a lot of roms on my phone and so I use a GBA emulator. I play Pokemon Reborn on PC but I can't use my PC everywhere but I can use my phone almost anywhere.
The game is only playable in a computer, you cannot play it with a GBA emulator since it is not a GBA rom.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Nekxen

But that's what I'm asking. Is there any way to convert the file so it can run as a gba rom? Or was the game completely made from scratch with no base? It seems as though the base is Pokemon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 03:14 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

You had your answer. This is a PC game, as are all the games in this section. These are completely incompatible with ROMs and handheld consoles, and cannot be made to play on them. It may look like a GBA game, but that's the extent of it.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:49 AM
Nekxen

So I read up somewhere that this isn't a GBA rom hack. Also read some of the past posts (should of done that first XD) and saw somebody else wanting to do the same thing I wanted to do but unfortunately as Maruno and Elios has responded, it is PC only. Welp, sadly Reborn won't be portable, but I can always bring my laptop everywhere. :p
Old December 28th, 2013, 02:02 AM
jiangzhengwenjzw

Errrrr..... Ten gyms....... That's so awesome! Could you tell me there're how many gyms before the Pokemon league? Or it is between the 8th and the 9th gym? I have supported your game.

Old December 28th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Jean mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiangzhengwenjzw View Post
Errrrr..... Ten gyms....... That's so awesome! Could you tell me there're how many gyms before the Pokemon league? Or it is between the 8th and the 9th gym? I have supported your game.
A gym for each type so that's 17 gyms, maybe a 18th for the fairy type but this is not confirmed by the author afaik. The game is about half done but it's already awesome with lots of things to do already in it .

Old December 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

That's......quite the ******-up Region ya have there....I like it.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
Slaying Moon

After far too many attempts, I finally managed to defeat Serra, after which I decided to go back and get some Common Candies, and I'm currently making my way through the Tanzan Meteor Base. My current team is (all are female):

Blaziken Lv.53 @Quick Claw (Double Kick, Brave Bird, Slash, Blaze Kick)
Gardevoir Lv. 53 @Scope Lens (Magical Leaf, Psychic, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball)
Gyarados Lv.53 @Red Card (Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Strength, Rock Smash)
Noctowl (shiny) Lv.53 @Silk Scarf (Shadow Ball, Air Slash, Uproar, Extrasensory)
Gloom Lv.53 @Miracle Seed (Petal Dance, Cut, Acid, Stun Spore)
Emolga Lv.53 (Discharge, Acrobatics, Electro Ball, Agility)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links