• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adobe Photoshop Photography Program (PS + LR + Behance + cloud storage for US$10/mo)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You can find the deal for Photoshop Photography Program here. It's a monthly subscription that's renewed every year, so for the first year, it'd be US$120. As for whether the rate sticks, a lot of signs point to freakin' yes.

In fact, I've already signed up. Thought it might be a good idea to make this known to more people, since, well, this offer's open to anyone. It was originally for users of older Photoshop CSes.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Very tempted, tbh. But honestly, if I ever want to make basic gifs or just basic Photoshopping, I'm pretty much okay with the current version that I have...which is CS4. I tried the CC version and it felt the same as CS6 imo. :x

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Perhaps it's a good thing I never really bothered with Photoshop until now, huh?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
That seems absurdly expensive for someone who isn't a professional in the field, especially considering there are alternatives for hobbyists.

Years
While a subscription like this is indeed tempting, I really don't have any use of paying $9.99/month for fancy software, only because I would just see myself only using it sparingly and not actively like Adobe is probably intending it for.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
That seems absurdly expensive for someone who isn't a professional in the field, especially considering there are alternatives for hobbyists.

If Photoshop and Lightroom could be purchased and upgraded separately, I think you might be singing a different tune. (They are very expensive and by the time they get updated the gap widens.)

twocows

Years
If Photoshop and Lightroom could be purchased and upgraded separately, I think you might be singing a different tune. (They are very expensive and by the time they get updated the gap widens.)
I don't know anything about that. Looking at this price, though, I stand by what I said: this is not something that is "reasonable" in any sense of the word unless you are a professional in the field that uses this kind of software every day. How much they originally cost is irrelevant; looking purely at these numbers, I'm saying it's still overpriced. And with a subscription model, you don't really "own" the software, either. If Adobe goes under or if you stop paying the subscription, you're out of luck.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I don't know anything about that. Looking at this price, though, I stand by what I said: this is not something that is "reasonable" in any sense of the word unless you are a professional in the field that uses this kind of software every day. How much they originally cost is irrelevant; looking purely at these numbers, I'm saying it's still overpriced. And with a subscription model, you don't really "own" the software, either. If Adobe goes under or if you stop paying the subscription, you're out of luck.

Sometimes I do believe that the right price for a piece of software or a subscription depends on the people, and some people would gladly pay up a lot, while others stay far, far away from everything but the bare minimum.

Such is the price of subscriptions. Gotta weigh all the things that come with you not "owning" the software.

On the other hand, Adobe going under? If they were ever in the danger of going under, chances are, seeing Photoshop and stuff are quite widely used, there should be some kind of mitigation plan for exactly this kind of stuff. Sometimes people worry about the darnedest things, and I do understand why.

Not to mention how unlikely the situation is...

twocows

Years
Sometimes I do believe that the right price for a piece of software or a subscription depends on the people, and some people would gladly pay up a lot, while others stay far, far away from everything but the bare minimum.

Such is the price of subscriptions. Gotta weigh all the things that come with you not "owning" the software.
That's fair.
On the other hand, Adobe going under? If they were ever in the danger of going under, chances are, seeing Photoshop and stuff are quite widely used, there should be some kind of mitigation plan for exactly this kind of stuff. Sometimes people worry about the darnedest things, and I do understand why.

Not to mention how unlikely the situation is...
You would think so, but history has proven otherwise on several occasions. Several digital distribution services have gone under and taken their online goods with them, and since the companies were dissolved, the consumers had virtually no legal recourse. I remember a music service specifically, but I'm not sure which. I'm sure you can find several examples if you care to look.

In general, I don't trust that I'll be able to use in perpetuity anything I've purchased unless it's able to function on my computer without contacting external servers. That doesn't mean I won't use such software, but I try to avoid it and if I'm forced to use it, I always keep in mind that it could go away at any moment.

Back