The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old November 21st, 2013 (02:36 AM).
AliceBlaze
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
I actually almost cried at the end of Gates to Infinity. What made it sadder than the other games is the fact that
Spoiler:
Hydreigon tells you that the other Pokemon were going to forget you when you leave even though they end up remembering you even after you've left. But at least you only return to the human world like you were going to in Red/Blue, unlike Time/Darkness/Sky where you were going to disappear forever.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (04:30 AM).
Thief
Dark Ranger

Every ending on every game had me crying my eyes out.

Except Infinity. That looks like it butchered the series and doesn't seem worthy to be a PMD title, so I'm refusing to play it. I was excited for a 3D title, moreso than I care to explain, but it just seems like a cheap knockoff with barely any Pokémon.

Rare Ball Trade Shop || Trade Reviews || Trade Spreadsheet
IGN: Dactyl || FC: 0920-0357-3706 || OR TSV: 2718 || Y TSV: 0205
Old November 24th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
Shadeh
KABOOM!

Nature: Jolly
Right after Diagla, When i was "leaving". i still remember that
Old November 25th, 2013 (05:11 PM).
Feunard
Random Trainer

Nature: Lonely
I remember when I first beat Red Rescue Team and wouldn't stop crying. It was my first time and I honestly thought that was it. It felt kind of personal because of those weird things you could say like your stomach hurting or the thing about the earth and tricking your partner. What made it worse was when I came back my partner stopped acting like my partner and I just felt weird. Sky got better because your partner still followed you around. I didn't cry afte Dialga but I did cry after Grovyle. I was just like, "Nooooooo!"
Old November 26th, 2013 (08:04 AM).
Seki
You idiot!

I didn't but then again, I only played Blue and Explorers of Time.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old November 26th, 2013 (01:16 PM).
Arrow
I'd like to be a tree :3

I cry everytime at Red/Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I think I cry in those games because I become so attached to my partner, I don't wanna leave them. I'm not as close to my Gates to Infinity partner, however. They seem like cardboard more than a Pokemon.

Friend Safari: Grass - Tangela, Sawsbuck, Quilladin
Shinies: Luvdisc (X), Clawitzer (X), Poliwhirl (X), Foongus (X), Dialga (X), Palkia(X), Giratina (X), Sneasel (X), Mawile (X), Lillipup (X), Cyndaquil (SS)

Old December 4th, 2013 (09:30 PM).
Mara
All your base are belong to us

I cried at the end of Sky. That ending was so sad. I just couldn't help it. I hardly beat the game now because of that.
Old December 12th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
Vatonage
Rescueteam-the rescuer's

Send a message via Skype™ to Vatonage
I realy have to say not other game brings so many emotions to me than the PMD Series.
I cry in every single game i played.
More then once. the storys going deep.
and the endings are so heartbreaking.

Old December 14th, 2013 (05:44 AM).
Bulbartle
Banned for being awesome

Sob!!I really cried at Explorers of time
Old December 15th, 2013 (04:29 PM).
TheGuitahHeroe
i make songs with a computer

Send a message via AIM to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Skype™ to TheGuitahHeroe
I remember back when I was around 14 or so, I would get emotional just because of the music. Specifically, the song that plays when you're running away from your home town is just incredibly sad. I thought if anything, the music does an absolutely incredible job of portraying the emotion of each moment in the game, so huge credit to the composers for that.
Old December 16th, 2013 (11:15 AM).
Negix

Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
Oh boy... Well, let's see. I almost cried playing PMD: Blue, but I definitely ended up crying in Explorers of Sky. It was the saddest ending I have seen out of all the PMD.

How couldn't anyone cry to this:

Old December 31st, 2013 (10:00 AM).
Burritoburger
Shiny Hunter/Trader

I only played through Sky, and at the end, after the credits rolled, I had the close the DS before I exploded in a mass of tears. I never cried whilst playing the game. But when I listen to the music?
I only ever cry from this game from giddy nostalgia. If I listen to the treasure town theme, I may as well ball up in a corner and cry. Which is funny, my first run of the game was only a few years ago.

Old January 11th, 2014 (05:26 PM).
Erubbu

Nature: Quiet
Merely powering up my DS and loading MD Blue gets me bawling. The title screen music crushes me with nostalgia and feels.
The endings, much like everyone else, get me every time too. Seeing your partner all D: after your character starts speaking REAL LINES COMPOSED OF WORDS OTHER THAN 'yes' AND 'we fly up in a rocket' smashes me with feels. My character is actually saying actual things. I mean, you pretty much go through the entire game with you stringing well thought out sentences only in your dreams or thoughts, so to your partner you are near silent... until it's time to go, and you say everything before you seemingly go too D':
Old January 11th, 2014 (05:59 PM).
Lunarose
replaced by lies

Nature: Modest
I remember tearing up at bit in the ending when I first beat Blue rescue team. Explorers of time was pretty sad too This series was truly amazing, but from the little I've played of the newest version it doesn't seem the same.
Old January 11th, 2014 (06:53 PM).
Mew
The New Species Pokémon - AKA Red the Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceBlaze View Post
I actually almost cried at the end of Gates to Infinity. What made it sadder than the other games is the fact that
Spoiler:
Hydreigon tells you that the other Pokemon were going to forget you when you leave even though they end up remembering you even after you've left. But at least you only return to the human world like you were going to in Red/Blue, unlike Time/Darkness/Sky where you were going to disappear forever.
OMG I HATE GATES TO INFINITY IS SO LACKLUSTER AND GAAAAY Just kidding. I liked it. The older games were too hard.

Mew

Old January 11th, 2014 (09:19 PM).
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
I always felt like I was actually my character in-game. Whenever I play a PMD game, I don't know what it is, but I feel attached enough that I'm inclined to give all my team's recruits actual human-like names instead of my usual assortment of nicknames. That could've played a part in it.
Old January 12th, 2014 (07:56 PM).
Fernbutter
Murder is the way.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Fernbutter
Yes I cried. So many. I can't even.

There should be a signature here somewhere.
I wonder where it's gone.
Old January 13th, 2014 (08:52 AM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
I don't really cry while playing videogames but the end of Explorers of Sky was sad. The nice thing about Mystery Dungeon is that they have the element of emotion that other games lack.
Old January 14th, 2014 (06:03 PM).
Ninjafire4

in explorers after the Grovyle i was freaking out :/
Old January 23rd, 2014 (11:07 AM).
ninjaethan

Nature: Relaxed
It was quite sad in Pmd series

Explorers of darkness: Grovyle going back to the future, after beating Dialga

Gates to Infinity: it was actually scary when they couldn't breathe in the glacier palace
And when Hydreigon sends me back to the human world
Old January 23rd, 2014 (03:38 PM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I never played the newest version yet, so I don't know much about that, but Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Time...oh my god, I can't even begin how depressed I was. I didn't cry or anything, because it's video games..not a big deal. But I did get depressed.

Poketch

Old January 24th, 2014 (10:21 PM).
fanri

The only game throughout the franchise that I cried for the intended purpose. Played through all of the series and I feel the second installment was the best out the series Sky/Darkness/Time. Maybe even the best out of the entire franchise for me, and it was something new.
Old February 11th, 2014 (10:09 PM).
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Well to be honest i did not cry but the end of sky and red rescue team left me with a heavy heart !

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links