Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 18th, 2013 (10:21 AM).
Blastin'Tyruntz
Float away...to a world of joy...

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by PumpJack:
Dragonair > Dragonite
Rhyhorn > Rhydon >>>>> Rhypherior
Glameow > Purrugly
Magneton > Magnezone

I think that's about it.
Why does everyone hate Rhypherior?!
And Magnezon is uglier than magneton?!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 18th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Yes. A lot.

xD I like a lot of the pre-evo's, so sometimes I'll just stop their evolution every time, or make them hold an Everstone.

slateport cityanimu tumblrpair
Currently playing entirely too much ORAS.
Talk to me about Hoenn.
Old November 18th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
fireflystorm
shsl loser

I refuse to evolve my Braixen. I just... I really dislike Delphox, but Braixen is so cute...
Anyway, definitely Rhyperior, too -- not a fan. I can probably name a few more... I don't like Bibarel or Diggersby. I prefer Skitty to Delcatty as well. Tympole, Glameow, Dragonair (though I love Dragonite too)...
In summary, I love a lot of pre-evolutions design-wise, so sometimes I sacrifice the "evolution power-up" for aesthetics. What can I say? I just love cute Pokemon.

Pokemon X FC: 1091-8862-6895
Poison; Kakuna/Garbodor/Drapion
Old November 18th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
I never want to evolve my starters. They start out as cutie babies and I want them to stay as cute babies. . . I didn't evolve my Chikorita until about 50. My Tepig, well I didn't actually know what it evolved into so I figured "Why not". . . Bad idea >.> I'm definitely NOT going to evolve my Fennekin when I get Pokemon X. Fennekin is too cute to evolve.

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old November 19th, 2013 (04:35 AM).
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

I don't want to evolve my Pikachu in Pokemon Y. It is much better looking than Raichu, but less powerful. I'm going to give it a light ball and EV train it for defenses and special defense so it won't be a glass cannon.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old November 19th, 2013 (04:59 AM).
MiniMinun
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

I always thought that Dewott looked better then Samurott... But I always ended up evolving it.

And recently in my X, I finally evolved my Doublade into Aegislash, although I kinda miss how cool Doublade looked, especially when it did certain moves.

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself." -Perrin Aybara
Old November 19th, 2013 (05:54 AM).
AliceBlaze
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
I've always liked Quilava better than Typhlosion even though I always end up evolving it if it's in my team.

When I first played Emerald, I wouldn't evolve my Vigoroth because I thought Slaking looked really ugly, but then I changed my mind when I decided I wanted to complete the pokedex.

In Crystal, I was almost not gonna evolve my Croconaw because I'm not that keen on Feraligatr. In fact I would've even kept it as a Totodile because it's a lot cuter.

Whenever I get a shiny, I evolve it depending on its evolution's colours. If the evolution has better colours than it's pre-evo (such as Charizard and Magcargo) or the same colours (such as Buneary), then I evolve it. If it has dull and boring colours when it evolves (such as Snubbull), then I keep it as it is.
Old November 19th, 2013 (08:38 AM).
Pike Queen
La Exorcista

I do like the way some of 'em look before evolving, but that never stopped me from letting them evolve. I prefer to have stronger, hard hitting Pokemon as opposed to keeping them the way they look.

Banner made by a friend on another forum!

"What an excellent day for an exorcism."

If you play Mario Kart Wii or Brawl online, let meh know!
Old November 19th, 2013 (09:01 AM).
幕之内 一歩
All Day Baby! All Day!!

Nature: Relaxed
Never. There aren't any un-evolved forms I like better than the evolved.

Honestly, I feel like most of the un-evolved forms are lackluster and boring.

I also feel like they meant it to be that way, but that's just me.
Old November 19th, 2013 (09:23 AM).
LoudSilence
more like uncommon sense

Quote originally posted by BadPokemon:
I don't want to evolve my Pikachu in Pokemon Y. It is much better looking than Raichu, but less powerful. I'm going to give it a light ball and EV train it for defenses and special defense so it won't be a glass cannon.
Unfortunately his base stats are too low for that to make any difference. You're better off focusing on Sp.Atk and Spd to make him a fast sweeper, hope you can get in a hit before they knock you out.
Old November 19th, 2013 (10:03 AM).
Zoro
hi
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Zoro
Ugh yes, I hate how mgmortar looks. Magmar is one of my favorite pokemon, but I have just never really been fond of magmortar's aesthetics or his moves. I guess Magmortar's but in some competitive aspect, but if I am playing through the game I normally don't have magmar evolve.

That's about all. I like the looks of the final evolved forms as much, or more than the previous. Electivire > Electebuzz , Blissey > Chansey imo.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (03:08 AM).
Trainer Galza

Nature: Relaxed
The only one that I can think of that comes to mind for me is Vigaroth.. mostly on the account of how useless Slaking is.. I do it anyway, because I don't really use Slaking (I can't think of anyone who does off hand) it just seems like such a waste.

I know my girlfriend was crazy about Lilipup.. like she had a whole army of them. I still tease her about it from time to time

--Normal Safari--
Aipom -- Loudred -- Smeargle

If you add me, PM so that I may do the same
Old November 22nd, 2013 (01:55 PM).
Imperator161

In Gold, I never evolved my Totodile because I thought the sprites for Croconaw and Feraligatr looked ugly. Sure, that made my team a lot weaker, but I got through the game fine anyway, and I never intended to use him in competitive battles. I also waited to evolve my Hoothoot until level 74 or so because I liked Hoothoot better (though after I evolved it, Noctowl grew on me, and now I prefer the evolved owl). I think the reason why I evolved Hoothoot (several years after getting the game) was probably that I didn't want it to be weak like my Totodile, though.

I've frequently trained Pikachu that I haven't evolved, in all generations. I'll often train a Raichu separately, though (although at the moment in X, I actually have only put time into training Pikachu, not Raichu). With light ball, Pikachu isn't that weak (for in-game, anyway), and it's cute.

Aside from Pikachu, I tend to evolve all of my Pokémon now, even if they look better in their earlier stages. I guess I care more about their power and the competitive elements of Pokémon than I did when I was younger. That's been the case since gen III or so.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (02:32 PM).
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Seems like I'm not the only one who didn't want to evolve Quilava . I always end up letting it evolve, but I just don't like the "Grr, look how mean I am" face Typhlosion constantly has.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (02:33 PM).
Introvert
Banned

Bulbasaur my favourite pokemon.
Old November 24th, 2013 (05:06 PM).
Aromatisse
My Snorlax Has Sleep Apnea

Nature: Quirky
I prevented Mikey the Munchlax from evolving, but one time I pressed B and he evolved into Snorlax anyway?

It worked out for the best, because Snorlax's speed is really bad, but Munchlax's is basically nonexistent.

I'm working on breeding Munchlaxes right now, actually. Once I find the perfect cutie/a shiny Munchlax, he'll be getting my everstone and he'll stay adorable forever.

I'm sorry, but Munchlax is the cutest Pokemon in the entire game. And he is SO much fun to play with in Poke Amie. Aesthetically, I prefer Munchlax over Snorlax.
Old November 24th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I don't evolve my Ivysaur or Wartortle unless I need/want the data for Venasaur and Blastoise. I like the design of Ivysaur and Wartortle better then their evolved forms. And their faster than their evolved forms, too.

I don't evolve my Bayleaf ever. Out of its evolutionary line, it have the best design. The others just look odd and never appealed to me.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old November 24th, 2013 (05:49 PM).
darkredwing

Nature: Quiet
Only time I don't evolve a Pokemon is an Eevee. I always have at least one Eevee for completion when I'm training eeveelution party/ies

3Ds Friend code: 1778-9934-1564. Let me know and I'll add you back.
Grass Safari: Oddish, Sawsbuck and Gogoat.
Old November 24th, 2013 (05:55 PM).
Shadeh
KABOOM!

Nature: Jolly
Snivy, just because of his Smug Animation, Where he crosses his armes due and nods, like a bad a**
Old November 24th, 2013 (06:27 PM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Yes. Most of my Pokemon aren't evolved into the final forms.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old November 25th, 2013 (09:41 PM).
Altair
Willpower

I've never had this dilemma until today actually.
I didn't want to evolve Braixen into Delphox, not just because of how it looks, but when it attacks with its 'wand' he spins it back into his tail.
It's an awesome animation haha, but now I'm with Delphox who just takes out his wand 'swish's and flicks' then places it back into his side...
Old November 25th, 2013 (09:44 PM).
ShivaDF
The Scooter-riding Artist

I used to feel this way all the time, but not anymore. I know I was hesitant to evolve Wartortle, Piplup, Torchic, and countless others, but then I got over it. I mean, they were the same pokemon I loved before, so I invariably ended up liking them just as much.
Old November 25th, 2013 (10:49 PM).
S3venAces
Amateur Pixel Artist

Deino and Zweilous for me...despite their final evolution being a beast. Literally.
Old November 26th, 2013 (03:13 AM).
DanteSolablood
Internet Celebrity

I agree with many people here that I much prefer Braixen to Delphox... not only is Braixen super-kawaii but it(she) has much cooler animations. I've deliberately bred myself some new female Fennekins so I can have a female Braixen in my party.

Of course some good IVs etc would be nice too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/KamenDev
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links