The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Penta Penguin
You will refer to me as Pentarou.

I really didn't like the design of Druddigon, myself. The other pokemon in Gen V that I didn't like were: Sigilyph, Vullaby, Ferroseed line, Dwebble line, and any of the Pan/Simi lines.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:34 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Thank you for all of these lovely... lovely posts... now, keep posting so my thread will be among the most popular! MWAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA!

Just kidding, but seriously guys, thank you~
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Volt202

I never really liked timber
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Fitzsy
I love me except when I don't

Nature: Jolly
The Generation V designs took a bit to grow on me, they're just so frigging weird, but now they're some of my favorites in kind of an ugly-cute way, think like Ugly Dolls... That said, I can't get over how dumb that emo hair looks on Deino and Zweilous, and something about Snivy, just can't dig it! The Musketeers look kind of generic too, which in some ways is worse than being butt-ugly, but I haven't really had much experience with training them so yeahyeah that doesn't count!
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Airhead
Banned

I say 5th generation actually looked, well, Pokemon-y, unlike 6th gen, which is pretty ugly and annoying. xD
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Nature: Relaxed
Words can not describe how much I hate Scraggy and Scrafty.
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Airhead
Banned

They're cute how they pull their pants up and stuff. I like 'em!

I think I've caught something. :C
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Marionz
New to 6th Gen

Nature: Timid
Only disliked Garbador on this gen... Really, its very unpleasant.. Who would want a garbage as a pokemon... Oh that was so uncool.. I know it represents something but oh man, i dunno what to say whenever I look at this horrid creature.
I will be readding those people I've added in the past... My friend code changed and I don't know why.. Some of my applications are gone in my 3DS too so.. I dunno what happened.. Someone may have messed with my 3DS

Clubs: Pokemon Breeders Fan Club | The Pokemon Trainer Association
Old November 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ๖ۣۜTiara View Post
They're cute how they pull their pants up and stuff. I like 'em!

I think I've caught something. :C
Lol It drives me insane in Gen V watching their pants fall down, then them to pull them up only for them to fall down again. Wish someone would give them a belt or braces or even just a piece of string to use as a belt.
Old November 29th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Arrow
I'd like to be a tree :3

Nature: Jolly
Cofagrigus. What the hell is wrong with this thing!? It's so... creepy... Ugh!

Friend Safari: Grass - Tangela, Sawsbuck, Quilladin
Shinies: Luvdisc (X), Clawitzer (X), Poliwhirl (X), Foongus (X), Dialga (X), Palkia(X), Giratina (X), Sneasel (X), Mawile (X), Lillipup (X), Cyndaquil (SS)

Old November 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Zekrom
Electrifying Black Yin!

I hate the elemental monkeys. I just don't like monkeys. The exception to that is Infernape, because it actually doesn't look bad and doesn't suck in battle. And then Trubbish/Garbodor. Don't like 'em either. Yes, I'm aware Grimer and Muk are just piles of sludge.
Old November 29th, 2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
I hate the elemental monkeys. I just don't like monkeys. The exception to that is Infernape, because it actually doesn't look bad and doesn't suck in battle. And then Trubbish/Garbodor. Don't like 'em either. Yes, I'm aware Grimer and Muk are just piles of sludge.
Well said about those monkeys their just pointless and evolving them a waste of a good stonem I hate Infernape to.

Jellicent is another fail gen V pokemon
Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Lamp
Show me your Moves! :P

Send a message via Skype™ to Lamp
I Dislike the 3 Elemental Monkey's, Tranquil, Ducklett , Woobat Evoloution , and Emolga.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 09:24 PM
大輔
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
I honestly didn't have a 'loser' of the Unova region since it's supposed to be based in a far away place with completely different types of pokemon. But if I had to choose maybe solosis? I mean it looks kind of creepy being a molecule of floating fetus DNA or something...

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:46 PM
greenreaper

Nature: Timid
I hate the Trubbish evolutionary line....
Old December 4th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Mega Missingno

Quote:
Originally Posted by 大輔 View Post
I honestly didn't have a 'loser' of the Unova region since it's supposed to be based in a far away place with completely different types of pokemon. But if I had to choose maybe solosis? I mean it looks kind of creepy being a molecule of floating fetus DNA or something...
Solosis fetus it far tolerable than Gen 1 mew sprite fetus
Old December 4th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Rash
I don't care for the starters. The monkeys, Pidove, Woobat, Basculin, Foongus, and Ferroseed are all pokemon from this gen that I couldn't stand.
Old December 4th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Harmonious Fusion
ahih rei-yah, ahih chei-yan

Nature: Bashful
Stunfisk. Even the jokes about it being the most majestic thing ever have gotten old. That said, I used one in Black 2 specifically because I think it's ugly and stupid, and it was decent in terms of usefulness.

Alder. Alder, are you blind.

Old December 5th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Sam89
always right except when wrong

My god, what's wrong with you people! Cofagrigus was awesome, high defense and good special attack. Stoutland is awesome too. But Scrafty, Druddigon, Unfezeant, Haxorus, Emolga, Zebstrika, Durant, Eelektross, Hydreigon, Basculin, Siglyph and anythin Marshal uses are all the banes of my existence. Am I the only one who likes Vanillite and Swoobat!? Most of them I hate from their power or unwillingness to just die! I could really care less about the designs, I just hate those! But I do hate Scraggy, unless in x and y, it's cry hurts my ears. Zebstrika's annoyingness inspired me to catch a Blitzle in B/W. SIGLYPH IS MY WORST NIGHTMARE EVER. Such high speed and special attack, yet when I use it, it always goes last and gets killed in the first two minutes. Same with Basculin, except it's attack not special attack. Basculins everywhere, when you surf and fish. *SHUDDER* It's just like Emolga, paralyzing and spamming double team while you try to run and fail. *SHUDDER*

Last edited by Sam89; December 5th, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Never was a fan of Druddigon either. To me, it's always looked like the lead Pokemon designer's five-year old kid drew a picture, and that picture was made into a Pokemon to make the kid happy.

Old December 18th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Consulting Detective

I remember first seeing Seismitoad and just thinking, "but why". I found the aesthetics of the this generations Pokemon somewhat less appealing, but statwise there were quite a few good ones.
Old December 18th, 2013, 06:35 AM
She_Delphox
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

My biggest "WTF are these Pokemon, are you for real GF?!" moment within Gen. 5 (considering Pokemon designs) was when I met these Pokemon:
- Not 1, not 2, ...no, 3! "elemental" monkey Pokemon... I really dislike the design of all of them, as well as evolutions, sorry :<
- The Vanillite line, seriously ICECREAM Pokemon?! So GF, what's next? Would we get a "Poo" Pokemon just like they did with Digimon, I sure hope not! (just sayin')
- Stunfisk, yeah... what to say about this one, I just think this Pokemon isn't that useful...
- Don't get me started about Basculin, I think these Pokemon are the "Magikarp-Zubat-Ratatta-Tentacool" of this Gen. They are just... SO annoying imo
- Probably almost the same with the Trubbish line, garbage bags..., but I don't dislike them as much as the above listed...

These Pokemon are unfortunately the ones I will NEVER use in one of my Pokemon teams, instead they will have a nice spot in one of my PC boxes...

Signature and Avatar made by: © She_Delphox
Friend Safari: Electric | Pikachu / Electrode / Luxio

Old December 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Airhead
Banned

Sigilyph was indeed a nightmare, and a hard one too. Since you have to battle one of them at a sort of early age (at the Ferris wheel, with N) you don't have many electric or dark moves, so you end up using every damn move in the book until you get a critical hit, but then he uses a Max Potion, so then you restart, go and level up to a hundred and then teach dat sexy man a lesson. xD

And seeing a Golerk flying through the sky (you couldn't actually see it, since it flies at Mach Speed) is kinda... dumb, Lmao.
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Zekrom
Electrifying Black Yin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ๖ۣۜTiara View Post
And seeing a Golerk flying through the sky (you couldn't actually see it, since it flies at Mach Speed) is kinda... dumb, Lmao.
The first time I saw Golurk fly (in one of the Pokemon movies), I was like "WTF? Golurk can fly?! When the hell did that happen?" Because I always thought Golurk was some sort of guard statue (sort of like a possessed suit of armor standing guard). So statue=/=something that uses jets/rockets to fly. But apparently Golurk is more akin to a robot and not a statue.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:30 AM
SLKMUGEN

Nature: Docile
I really hated Stunfisk, Patrat line, Woobat line and Roggenrola/Boldore (Gigalith's cool though).

(Sorry for bumping this, but I had to express this)

And also, there are Pokemon I like using but hate fighting against:

Lilligant (It's my favorite Pokemon (ever), but a lot of them are evil, not In-game (They are actually kind of easy to deal with in-game), but in Wi-Fi battles, mainly the ones used by a guy that also had Delibird, and one used by a guy with Magcargo, they swept my butt, it was painful)

Alomomola (It sucks in-game, good in Wi-Fi battles, but I hate fighting them for them same reason I hate fighting Umbreon)

Emerald: Swampert/Gardevoir/Crobat/Shiftry/Ninjask/Torkoal

Pokemon Flora Sky: Infernape/Arbok/Manectric/Lilligant/Kingdra/Krokorok

Pokemon White 2 (No starter Run): Ampharos/Growlithe/Lilligant/Floatzel/Crobat/Aggron

Pokemon Volt White (No starter Run): Lilligant/Gastrdon/Houndoom/Mismagius/Xatu/Porygon-Z

Last edited by SLKMUGEN; April 2nd, 2014 at 05:38 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links