Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page Future thoughts

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old November 27th, 2013 (01:45 AM).
ヘッド·ショット

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
What do you think of the future? Will there be really like flying cars?
That's what I think when I was 6. I thought that the future will have some flying cars.
Guess not in this generation, but I think the technologies will be far better than before.
So, what are your thoughts for the future?
Old November 27th, 2013 (01:53 AM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
Apparently we could make flying cars but they haven't created them where they are aesthetically pleasing and the cost is a bit dear plus the world would need to make new rules about driving and that would cost money (somehow). I think about the future a lot and how China will become the superpower of the world and such. I want to move to Tokyo or seol or Hong Kong since I love Asia and their lifestyles. I think about how world war three could be started and where school might lead me. I never think into great detail about it though.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old November 27th, 2013 (02:02 AM).
Just a bit of torment

Nature: Lonely
Robots will destroy us all. Not even going for a joke there I really do see us being destroyed by our own creations. ) :

Old November 27th, 2013 (02:06 AM).
Bring your melody to life
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
In the future, probably we'll have the ability to teleport/warp to everywhere in merely a few seconds via some futuristic device.
Old November 27th, 2013 (09:53 AM).
hi
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Zoro
I think that one day there will be hover cars that will be over to fly over the ocean and in the air. I think tat will be cool, but that won't happen for a long time. I think in the next ten years that there will be another revolution in phones and even better advances in consoles and video games. I think that people will be able to live longer have better ways of learning and more cool advances.
Old November 27th, 2013 (01:01 PM).
turn up the engine
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to s0nido
I'd like to see proliferation of hologram technology. It'd be amazing to see it more widespread than how it's being applied right now. It would be awesome if, say, 20 years later, we could just take out our phones and project holograms on the spot.
Old November 27th, 2013 (01:23 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Starry Windy:
In the future, probably we'll have the ability to teleport/warp to everywhere in merely a few seconds via some futuristic device.
Sci-Fi can only go so far, we may not have a full understanding of physics and the universe but if what we know now is true then perhaps some things are just impossible. Is teleportation feasible?

Many thousands of years into the future, long past my time I'd hope we'd have deep space travel and a colonisation of other planets by humans. Can't see that happening though, all I see is our inevitable extinction through the destruction of our own planet. Such a shame, humans have potential, but are intent on not realising it. I wish I was a fairy...

Errrr, on topic, they did make a flying car, I think it was in the 60's or so, some guys strapped a plane engine and wings to a little car, they flew it a few times. Unfortunately though one time in flight the wings and engine fell off and the two men inside found themselves inside a regular car several thousand feet into the air. They died. Source: I saw it on an episode of Top Gun, I believe it was a Bond Special exploring the possibility of having a real flying car in one of the older movies, I forget which one.

@ Elitist Four have you seen iRobot, do you think that will happen? I believe say a glitch in a nuclear firing system computer could potentially cause a global apocalypse but the idea of computers having self-consciousness seems unlikely...

what are your thoughts for the future?
In the future I wish I had a girlfriend

Realistically though in my lifetime or my children's lifetime pew pew lasers with lethal/non lethal settings would become safer weapons than guns. Also I hunger for the downfall of America. Whoops, don't want to get on any NSA watch lists now :/
Old November 27th, 2013 (06:31 PM).
CS

People will probably have a lot of implanted technology. Google glasses wired into your brain and that sort of thing. Everything and anything will be an interface that you can check your social media on. Even cars because in the future they'll drive on their own.

I bet we have people living on the moon in a few decades, just so that we can say "Look! We have people living on the moon!"

deviantart blog pair
Old November 27th, 2013 (11:29 PM).

There is now a very real possibility that assessors of research proposals will shortly begin to resign en masse to protest against its policies; opposition Labour party politicians are, finally, beginning to badger the government about interfering with research, and the minister in charge of universities, David Willetts, has signalled that he is unsupportive of the Council’s approach.
Old November 28th, 2013 (12:31 AM).
Crystal Tier

in 2124 cher will still be performing and her farewell tour will end on one of saturn's rings
Old November 28th, 2013 (02:19 AM).
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
In the future I think we will have hover boards that will air buses that will replace pulbic transport. My hopes for the future is that my daughter gets a good eduction and is happy with her place in the workplace.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (11:13 PM).
The Old Gang

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Esper:
I bet we have people living on the moon in a few decades, just so that we can say "Look! We have people living on the moon!"
Mars, actually. This is seriously expected to happen by 2040. Really, we couldn't be more fortunate to have a planet so similar to our own for our first colonisation and terraforming attempts. I can only see the Moon being relieved of any mineral resources it may hold; but even in that respect it probably doesn't offer much.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links