The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Old November 28th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
What was the hardest Pokemon experience you ever had? Whether it was searching for a shiny or trying to get past a forest or even a mountain. :3

Share your hardest moments here!

(also, if this is a violation of some sort, then move/delete/gimme an infraction, I have so many, what's one more to the list?) xD
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Starry Windy
Settle it! In... SMASH! Poyo!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I personally thinking finding Eevee in the grassy areas in Castelia City is so hard that I was taking too many attempts to find one (not to mention that I have to go across the sewer to get into that area), except if I'm lucky enough. And another hard stuff for me was when I was battling one of the Game Freak officer's Alomomola with its Wish, Protect and Toxic strategy.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:42 AM
molivious
so much fail...

I remember participating in a similar topic before, but eh, what the heck. For me, it was catching my first chansey and scyther in gen1 safari zone. Before that, it was Zapdos, whom i thought to be the hardest legendary to catch back then. Moltres was easy as pie.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:31 AM
JanickGers
Askjafehu

FEEBAS!!! (do I need to elaborate?)

"You tell me we can start the rain, you tell me that we all can change,
You tell me we can find something to wash the tears away..."
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Rothometapratis

Searching for Team Aqua's hideout in emerald. The one underwater. I had found the cave, but I hadn't realized that I could emerge on the surface and kept searching all over the map for days.
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
getting to the place to unlock the regi trio in pokemon R/S/E
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Salismon

Ooooh that annoying Lance and his Dragonite
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
ShivaDF
The Scooter-riding Artist

Nature: Calm
This is embarrassing, but I was underleveled on my first Emerald playthrough and Tate and Liza kept beating me. I also lost all my money because I lost to the Elite Four too many times, so I had to keep fighting them over and over with no items just to level up.

And even when I wasn't underleveled, on my other playthroughs, ugh... Juan's Kingdra...
Old November 28th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
It used to be Rock Tunnel for me. No flash, tons of trainers and wild Pokemon, it was terrible. That was definitely the part of every Gen. 1 game that I detested.
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM
GatchamanPhoenix

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to GatchamanPhoenix
In Pokémon Yellow, Red, or Blue (can't remember which version) I went through Rock Tunnel without having Flash. By the time I made it out, most of the Pokémon on my team had fainted.

Going through caves, there's always a ton of Zubats, and Geodudes.

Credit goes to Veranithas of Pallet Town

Last edited by GatchamanPhoenix; November 29th, 2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Made a correction
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Route 18
turn up the engine
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
Whitney's Miltank. THAT THING OMG IT JUST WOULDN'T DIE T.T
It's like the Johto gym leaders wanted to make up for having severely under-leveled Pokémon by having a wall in every single gym leader's party. There was that Miltank, and also Chuck's Poliwrath. Another pain in the ass was Red's Snorlax.

Thanks to Pokémon Silver, I have always hated Normal-type walls.
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Zekrom
The Fell Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 18 View Post
Whitney's Miltank. THAT THING OMG IT JUST WOULDN'T DIE T.T
It's like the Johto gym leaders wanted to make up for having severely under-leveled Pokémon by having a wall in every single gym leader's party. There was that Miltank, and also Chuck's Poliwrath. Another pain in the ass was Red's Snorlax.

Thanks to Pokémon Silver, I have always hated Normal-type walls.
lol, I think that thing gave everyone a hard time back then. The crazy part is that the game almost hands you a Machop beforehand, and you could catch rock types in Union Cave, which is not all that long before Goldenrod City. But did we do that our first time around? Nope. And that's why you, me, and a lotta other people had such a hard time with Whitney's freakin' Miltank.

But to contribute to the topic, one of the hardest things I remember doing in Pokemon was catching Ho-oh in Sliver. Thing just would not go in the damn balls. I had to restart several times because I either ran outta balls, or the battle went on so long it Struggled itself to death.

This month we're celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Pokemon X/Y! Check out these events being held in Kalos's honor:
X/Y Quiz
PR Video Contest
More events to come

This month is also Halloween month, so make sure to stop by Necrum's Carnival of Horrors!

My Trade Shop (currently open)
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I find shiny chaining to be always hard. While you're doing it, you always have to watch your footsteps and be very careful to not break the chain. Once it's broken, you'd have to do start the process all over again from beginning. In my opinion, it's quite upsetting. d: Chain fishing is pretty tough, too, and it could be broken more easily than shiny chaining. The difficulty of it could be lowered a bit, though, if you have a Pokémon with Suction Cups as the lead member of your party.
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM
zygardian harbinger
The One and Only

Nature: Adamant
Psh I remember as a kid when I was trying to catch Articuno on my Pokemon FireRed, I failed sooo many times.... ugh I can't tell you how many times I reset the game before I caught it, and then I barely finished saving before it ran out of battery. I was so close to losing it, it was scary T-T

Old November 28th, 2013, 07:30 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I've always hated ice puzzles. It's tricky figuring out which direction to slide. In X/Y, I had to slide diagonally to get to the places I needed to get too as well.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here