The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old October 27th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional

Advertise here
Does anyone else want to see the implementation of the EXP Share as it works in Pokemon X/Y?

It's essentially an EXP all, but it doesn't divide EXP. Rather it takes the EXP, and gives 50% to each Pokemon in your party.

Example:

Charizard gains 1000 EXP in battle.

Every individual Pokemon in your party get 500 EXP each.

Personally, I love this feature, as it makes the game much less of a grindfest. But, I understand some people hate it for the same reason. I was wondering what the opinion of Pokecommunity was.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Old October 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Full Metal
C(++) Developer.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
I concur, and also love it.

It has gotten my horribly designed team to advance much quicker than I could have hoped on previous generations of games. :3

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Winter Wonderland

Well, I like it 'cause it makes playing Pokemon more about playing Pokemon and not about sitting down in one route and grinding until the game becomes a blur in your mind.

I'd love to have it on my hack. :3

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old October 28th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I think if it's used, the level curve of the game should be adjusted to match. The level curve of X/Y was apparently done with the thing off. If you play through X/Y without the EXP Share on, then the levels seem reasonable. I played through X without the EXP Share, and by the time I reached the Elite Four, my Pokemon were Lv61-63, which is around the Elite Four levels.

However, for people that played through with the EXP Share, they're massively over leveled, having a team of 70's by the time they reached the Elite Four. I don't think Game Freak intended for you to fight the Elite Four with a team of 70's because none of them go that high, thus taking away all the challenge.

I have mixed feelings about this. I feel like the new Exp Share concept could have been reserved for a postgame item, that way raising low-level Pokemon won't be a pain postgame, and you won't be massively over-leveled during the main story, due to not having access to it.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:55 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
It does seem a bit overpowered to me but at the same time it's very useful. No more needing to worry about my lower-leveled Pokemon getting left behind - even if I chose to use a single Pokemon a lot they all stay around the same level. If I catch a new Pokemon for my team, I don't have to worry that much about training either - just leave it in the team and It'll level up itself. I'd love to see it in hacks. :)
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Winter Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
I think if it's used, the level curve of the game should be adjusted to match. The level curve of X/Y was apparently done with the thing off. If you play through X/Y without the EXP Share on, then the levels seem reasonable. I played through X without the EXP Share, and by the time I reached the Elite Four, my Pokemon were Lv61-63, which is around the Elite Four levels.

However, for people that played through with the EXP Share, they're massively over leveled, having a team of 70's by the time they reached the Elite Four. I don't think Game Freak intended for you to fight the Elite Four with a team of 70's because none of them go that high, thus taking away all the challenge.

I have mixed feelings about this. I feel like the new Exp Share concept could have been reserved for a postgame item, that way raising low-level Pokemon won't be a pain postgame, and you won't be massively over-leveled during the main story, due to not having access to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
It does seem a bit overpowered to me but at the same time it's very useful. No more needing to worry about my lower-leveled Pokemon getting left behind - even if I chose to use a single Pokemon a lot they all stay around the same level. If I catch a new Pokemon for my team, I don't have to worry that much about training either - just leave it in the team and It'll level up itself. I'd love to see it in hacks. :)
See, I totally agreed that it was overpowered. With the EXP being 50% to all others, it should've been level 70's in the E4. So, if I were to implement it in my hack, I honestly would decrease that value to about 25%, maybe. That way, as Chrunch mentioned, your Pokemon won't be left behind, but it'd also be worth training them individually.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old October 28th, 2013, 04:13 AM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

I would be very interested in seeing what happens when you combine XY's Exp. Share mechanics with the Gen 5 experience system. Might help to stop the overleveling it causes, while also augmenting the Exp. Share's intended function of helping underleveled mons catch up painlessly.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old October 28th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post

I'm really interested in this topic, and I felt like I should contribute... But this quote. This quote.
Old October 28th, 2013, 07:02 AM
M.L
Busy atm

The way I see it is the same as Chaos Rush but in the sense he said he trained without it.. so I feel if you desire to use it you can and if you don't well then you don't so its not like it is compulsory and gives people a choice...

Although it can be overpowered and I can see that affecting some people me personally I usually train my main Pokemon for 90% of the game with that I don't need to train the other pokes much at all.
Old October 28th, 2013, 11:56 AM
MiniMinun
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

Nature: Calm
I pretty much have the same opinion as everyone else. The new EXP Share's mechanics are awesome and cool, but by Reflection Cave during my X/Y playthrough I had to turn it off because my team was getting seriously over levelled. But, it is true that it gets rid of that useless time grinding (which can get veeeery boring) which in my opinion great. To me, the EXP Share isn't that great with your actual team, but can be very useful when it comes to training other pokemon for pokedex completing and such.

In general I have mixed feelings about it, but by all means use it in your hack. It is always fun to try and experience new things, so I think the new EXP Share would be a great addition to it

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself." -Perrin Aybara
Old October 28th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Winter Wonderland

Well, if it's possible to implement, I intend to. However, I'm not gonna make it as strong, I intend to tone down the EXP from 50% to about 25%. If that proves to be too overpowered still, I'd lower it further. I just want to, not fully eliminate grinding, but reduce it greatly.

I feel that Pokemon game difficulty isn't based on high leveled fights, but rather planning on fighting trainers, or conserving your PP along vast stretches while solving puzzles. Sure, high level fights do come in to play sometimes, but high levels alone do not a difficult game make.

Some say in ice.
Is also great
And would suffice.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
KuroSeka

mm.. i think its make the Game just easier than others Games
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:46 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
The idea of putting the X/Y EXP. Share into the 3rd/4th/5th generation games would be very useful. It made my Y game a more fun experience. Sure, the levels were a little OP when using it, but that makes the game easier than it is suppose to be. I don't want to spend hours upon hours of leveling up my team of Pokémon that I probably won't even use anymore. I only use that team to progress through the storyline, and a little bit of the post-storyline. The point of X/Y is to interact with your friends through Wi-Fi, complete the Pokédex, interact with your Pokémon through Pokémon-Amie, and the Super Training system to raise your Pokémon stats. The EXP. Share was created like that because it makes playing through the game a much easier experience, since the game is intended for little kids. Adding the item as in, AND NOT REDUCING THE SHARING OF EXP, would be beneficial to people for a "new experience" within the 3rd/4th/5th generation games...that's all I have to say about that.

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old November 5th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Ace_Master_of_Turtles
Just that spriting guy

me when i saw the new exp. share's effect

Old November 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM
RoboMan2010
Banned

Is there a limit to how much you can share?
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
It would be awesome if some1 could do xtreme ASM or Scripting to do that.

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 9th, 2013, 11:26 PM
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
In hacks specially this would be the goodest Idea ( Never fear a ninja trainers from the bushes ) Someone should put it in a hack as fast as possible

Old November 9th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxedoutfreaky View Post
It would be awesome if some1 could do xtreme ASM or Scripting to do that.
With ASM, possibility is at the higher level.
Old November 29th, 2013, 01:33 AM
itzBolt
Banned

I really like it because I'm not sitting there grinding days on end. It is such a useful feature there isn't any point in not using it.

- itzBolt
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Pokemaners

Nature: Adamant
please this would be great if it was in a hack.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here