• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your game ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thergox

Average Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2014
Pokemon Marble and Obsidian

Disclaimer: We have no current images of the game, as only the concepts have been developed and the sprites at this moment are. . . Horrendous.

HELLO AND WELCOME
to the developing title, Pokemon Marble and Obsidian versions. Frankly, we don't care if you think the name is unoriginal! Our reasons for their titles lie solely in their story line (Which thankfully doesn't involve any bizarre legendary based off the title -- not that there's anything wrong with that). Why has this come to be? Well, it's controversial, to be honest, but we'll gladly answer that question via PM (Because hearing people fight over our reasons is plain-out annoying). PMB are the generic overworld walkers where you do all the lovable nonsense that we have grown so attuned to in the Pokemon world. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's JUST the generic overworld walker. . .

The Region of Kazan
Kazan is a lonely but large landmass that is a major tourist attraction, bringing in many various Pokemon from multiple regions. From the tourists come all kinds of people, from breeders to insomniacs, and only add more to the lovely land of Kazan. However, it's massive volcano doesn't only drag tourists in, but other phenomenon. . .

The aura is all around here. Though once strictly used by only the Aura Guardians, it now appears as though even the common people are dabbling in this magic known as the aura. No longer are battles restricted to the basic rules of trading blows, for now the aura has enacted new laws upon the original concept. Many trainers now hold auras -- energy channeled from them into the battle to unleash a whole new strategy to the game. And you know what? You're going to need it -- the game is set to be tearing at your throat the entire time.

Surrounded by the laws of Force. . .
Kazan is a relatively hip place. So hip, in fact, that even the common people have trouble seeing over their pelvis . Why is this important? Because no Pokemon game is Pokemon without a huge nerd cult armed with legions of fan girls and furries! That's right -- Team Gravity is the head power of Kazan, shunting aside those lame Renaissance cross-dressers and Spandex-loving flunkies with people of pocket-protectors and taped up glasses. Though it may seem a bit demeaning (And possibly unoriginal) to have such a team existent, the true, massive story if Kazan revolves around the tremendous and dangerous pack of wily internet talk-show hosts. The story is AMAZING, if I do say so myself (Which I just did).

Weirder things than what's in your breakfast cereal. I'm not sure if my point has gotten across yet -- the best part of this game that it has to offer is the story line. Why? Why don't you see it yourself?! WELL WE'RE GETTING TO THAT.

Anyway, more tremendous yet are the exceptional amount of freaks you will encounter (Along with a few less-freaky cameos) in your journey. Every gym leader, every boss, every trainer isso strange that you will undoubtedly come across something that will mess with your first ideas for Pokemon. Of course, might I warn, some of the content is rather rude, but if your children understand all the jokes -- it's not our fault!

Features? Features? Features?
- All new aura strategy! It's the FREAKING AURA -- Basically like switchable abilities, except for the trainer. These can range from an extra stat boost to an extra boost up. Aura abilities like WINK will allow you to switch in and out Pokemon without penalty; things likes BLITZKRIEG will allow a first strike no matter what. However, not all are solely positive effects, so don't expect to become all-powerful with that one mass-kicking ability.
- Always on hard mode! What's that, you baby? Think you're the king of the all-too-easy Pokemon games? Well THINK AGAIN -- you ain't gonna be able to mono-type challenge this on your first run! Just the CONCEPTS of the gym leaders' Pokemon teams haunt the mind and soul!

- Pokeball Hacks! Ever need a leg up catching Pokemon? Probably not, but for those really nasty encounters, some modded Pokeballs you buy (From a black market of sorts) will throw any nasty Pokemon that dares escape their catch into paralyses, sleep, and more!

- Interesting Day Care mechanic! Okay, that really didn't deserve an exclamation point, but the new mechanic tosses away the normal stat-boosting items and replaces it with the Day Care. Now, instead of ditching your Son until the end of the game and wait for it to become level 100, you are sending your Pokemon in to grow more in certain stats.
- And much more! Which basically means we haven't come up with anything else that interesting, but will get to it. . . Some day.

'COZ WE'RE PROGRESSIVE
- Story: 97% (For working out Klinks)
- Characters (Concepts in art): 10% (Only main characters, currently beating in designers)
- Characters (Concepts in type and actions): 56% (Almost 90% of all percentages are made on the spot)
- Sprites: T-T (No me gusta)(Disclaimer: I have no Spanish blood of any sort)
- Map - 0.001% (Hey, it's still progress)
- Other: 2% (Probably)

The game is (Will) be(ing) made on RPG Maker VX (Most likely).

Credits
cleardot.gif

Thergox (Story, Game Scripting, Some Character Design)

DJDSDSTORT (Ideas man, basic spriting, Odd jobs)

Mikstr (Route Design, Pokemon Placing)

That-One-Guy-Who-Hasn't-A-Name (Character design, Concept art)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
Pokémon Chaos Emerald Version

Pokémon Chaos Emerald

Character names

Male: Brendan ¦ Female: May

Basic Plot

The current story is based 17 years after Emerald. Your play the role of either Brendan or May throughout the story. After the first event in Emerald with Teams Aqua and Magma a mysterious plague of evil Pokémon begin to appear... A dark shadow begins to spread over the region.. The source is at first unknown however after some time passes the organization behind it all reveals there selves as Team Chaos. The Leader of Team Chaos never reveals his name or true identity by always wearing an iron, electronic mask that deepens his voice.

Team Chaos is in control of Hoenn for multiple years with no trouble, every plan is flawless. Then you appear...

Your character (Brendan/May) wakes up in the middle of a dark shadow however doesn't seem to be controlled by it like the other people and Pokémon. Your character see's that a wild Riolu is being cornered by a group of evil dark controlled Pokémon and so protects it. Your character then blacks out.

Your character then finds them self in Prof. Birch's Lab. This is where the main story begins..

(I won't go on any farther as I don't want to ruin it ;))

Art So Far

Spoiler:

Thank's for taking the time to read this thread. I hope you agree that this is an interesting way to revamp Pokémon Emerald and thank you.. again :3

Last edited:

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
Okay. Hopefully this post doesn't get very long, but here we go!

I have loved Pokemon for as long as I can remember. I have always dreamed of making my own game someday, a game that would inevitably be picked up by Nintendo and made canon. While I now know that Nintendo would never do anything of the sort (lol), I still have enjoyed thinking it up on my own time. Of course, I never thought it would be actually possible, so when I found out about game development here I got really excited.

Now, in all likely hood this project won't be completed, as I have school and other interests besides, but I would still love to put work into it and see how far I can get. For now, I am content to at least get my early ideas down here.

The Region

As I said before, I wanted to create a game which could theoretically be accepted as a part of the same cannon as the real games. This means two things; I don't mess with already designed characters and places (outside of references), and I use the same logic when making a region. Thus this isn't just a region made up by and designed by me off of the top of my head but a map based on a real world location. Where best to make a game based off of? Where I grew up, of course, since I'll know tons about the landscape and layout. I've made a quick sketch of the region, although you can tell it's not finished (and I'm a poor artist). All towns are inspired by real places, as well as most locations; although I took a few liberties to add mountains and a desert, but those may not make it to the final version anyways. It's all conceptual at this point! Some of the towns don't have much of a personality on the map, but of course I won't try to make bland towns. If anyone is interested in which cities I used in particular, I'll make a list in spoilers.

Map:
Spoiler:

Town Inspirations (names will be changed in game)
Spoiler:

Story

This is something I've thought a lot about, and something which will likely change quite a bit. The player starts out in a small town about 16-18 years old. At this age, many kids head of to The University to pursue higher education in some field (Pokemon biology, battling theory, medicine, heck I don't know) but unfortunately your parents don't have enough money to send you. This is a travesty, at least according to a former professor of the University who has retired to your town. This professor is convinced that you have a keen intellect and would flourish at the college, and insists on finding a way to get you there.

He has a few left over items from back in his research days, and decides to give you a Pokedex, essentially hiring you out as a sort of 'research intern'. He convinces your parents to let you do this research for him (as you're going to need a job anyways after not affording college) and get you a Pokemon to aid you. He also gives you a list of old contacts of his around the region, who he advises you to seek out and prove your potential to, the idea being that with enough influential members of the community backing you the University will grant you some sort of scholarship. And so you leave your town to complete the professors research and to meet up with these individuals in order to some day make it into the University.

However, while you are starting your journey, there is corruption behind the scenes. A small group of people have in recent years turned Pokemon battling into a sort of 'cult of personality', with gym leaders and other important trainers getting ridiculous attention and making ungodly amounts of money. Essentially they've been turned into the sorts of movie stars and athletes of our own world who get payed millions of dollars and are the obsession of the masses. This wouldn't be awful, but the group working to keep battling popular is making tons of money at the expense of the rest of society as people pay to attend events and try to make their own way up the celebrity ladder with little chance of actually succeeding. As a result, the University is suffering as fewer people want to go to school and instead are focused only on achieving fame (and thus the University has to charge tuition higher than you can afford). As you travel in your journey you uncover this plot and are forced to confront it; the only question is will you be able to stop them and save the University and the rest of society, or will you fall into their trap like everyone else and become obsessed with the pursuit of fame? And even if you defeat the conspirators, can you make it past the Education Board and into the University?

Features

New region, story, characters, unique regional Pokedex, blah blah blah. I may do custom legendaries and starters, but that's unlikely as like I said I'd like it to be at least possible that it exists in the same Pokemon universe as the main series games and don't want to invent Pokemon myself (most people won't think of it this way, but I will!)

I'd also like to give certain members of the Pokemon community a cameo in the games as a nod to all they've done for it, such as perhaps a Professor It (props if you get the reference; as a hint I may call him Professor Wittz) and so on.

You won't face gym leaders (at least not in the main story line, but after that new opportunities open up) and will instead have to complete tasks for those individuals you seek out to gain their approval. Of course, many will battle you after the tasks to test you in multiple ways, but you won't be collecting badges.

Otherwise this is intended to play like a real Pokemon game. No special mechanics such as new types or altering current Pokemon or anything. It was originally going to be even more traditional, but then I found a story line I liked and the old 'battle 8 gym leaders and save the world' mantra had to be scrapped (probably for the best).

Progress

I have a lot of conceptual stuff finished, such as important characters, places, and events, but nothing programmed or mapped yet. Really the main thing keeping me back is making a tileset, as I'm sure you all know clicking around deviantart looking for the tiles I want and assembling them in paint is pretty tedious. But for now I'm content just to plan things out anyways and perhaps work on my own spriting skills; I'll get to actual creation when I'm confident I know what my goals are and I've properly prepared myself with things like Ruby and mapping knowledge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
Pokemon Real Time Strategy

So i am createing a pokemon real time strategy game at the moment. It is in pre alpha right now but i put up this blog http://pokemonrtshype.blogspot.com/ to post screenshots and progress as i go along with it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Alot of people i know are telling me that this game looks like it will be pretty remarkable once it is finished and the kinks are worked out. Thank you.

http://pokemonrtshype.blogspot.com/

any and all help and criticism would be greatly appreciated.

FluorescentMunchlax

(aka Joltiikk)
Years
Pokemon ??Stranded?? ??Deserted??

I had an idea for a game that I may make which is esentially a pokemon game without all the big cities etc, its on a remote/deserted island with few people. It would still have little towns and gyms etc, but on a much smaller scale. Not only would it be unique but it would also be easier to make if it's small. I would like to take the challenge but I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not...

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I had an idea for a game that I may make which is esentially a pokemon game without all the big cities etc, its on a remote/deserted island with few people. It would still have little towns and gyms etc, but on a much smaller scale. Not only would it be unique but it would also be easier to make if it's small. I would like to take the challenge but I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not...

its not necessarily a bad idea, stranded island games are really fun, and would be an interesting take on the whole pokemon concept - but it depends on where you go with it, as it stands now, it seems very boring, what would be the point of it? you're on an island with a couple people, what would you do? why cant you use a flying pokemon to fly off? why cant you use water pokemon to swim away? why would you casually do gym battles if you're stranded?

it could be a good idea, you could make it a challenge to try and find a way off of it, it could be a timed game, with set parties to choose from, and you use them to try and "escape" in a certain amount of time

you could have it be a sort of continuation of other existing games, like what red did after completing the elite four, or what other heros did afterwards, and it would be them, going to a vacation island for elite champions, where you start from the bottom, and train with tough trainers from around the pokemon world, and the gym battles are tough, and when you beat them, you fight existing champions who exist as the "elite four" and the whole time its a vacationing island for trainers who completed the pokemon leagues, but want to keep going - its one idea you could go with, but you can go in many different directions with your idea but a thing you need to keep in mind is "why would people want to play this?" if you can answer that with a good, compelling answer, then you have the makings of an enjoyable game from square 1

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 13, 2014
So I have had this idea floating around my head for a while. I played the Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia game recently and really liked the Almia region. But wondered how it would have looked if instead of a region full of Pokemon Rangers, it was a region for trainers.

So that lead me onto my second thought. This was on how to make a new game, but make it different in a way that could build on characters we never really got a backstory for. So here I am. The working title for this is Pokemon 1 (of course only working title, suggestions?)

You begin your journey in Almia, as either a boy or a girl (of course you have the option). The most canon choice is boy, so I will go into the detail of this choice for now.

You are a 10 year old Caine, ready to start his Pokemon adventure with his two friends/rivals, Sammy and Agatha. The three of you will adventure together across this region and take on the Pokemon League, but in the process take down a new evil team wanting to use Pokemon for something they shouldn't (again of course).

Sammy; He is your childhood friend, kindhearted and very friendly to both people and Pokemon, he will travel Almia with you and test you every so often, he too is hoping for Championship greatness.

Agatha; By now, with this name being thrown around, you should know who Sammy will become. Agatha is your strong willed next door neighbor, a burning for strength and the lust for Championship greatness (everyone's after it these days). She loves to travel and may even have a slight crush on Sammy, but only time will tell.

Professor Oak; No, not the Oak we all know and love. However this Oak is very close to the latter, even fatherly. He is the current professor of the Almia region, he gives the three of you your started Pokemon and tasks you all with filling up the Pokedex so he can gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between people and Pokemon. He too is very kindhearted and loves Pokemon.

Region:

The Almia region is beautiful, ranging from wonderful beaches to dense woodland. Mostly covered in forests, it is the perfect place to house so familiar Pokemon for your journey. It's environment is a lot like Sinnoh's due to being very very close to the region.

Starters:

Well as I've said the Almia region is very close to Sinnoh, so it makes sense that the starter Pokemon are that from Sinnoh; Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup. But because of the environment, those may just be some of the only Sinnoh Pokemon you see.

Well that is all I have atm, it's quite late at night so I'm probably forgetting something, and if the grammar is a bit sqiffy please forgive me. Tell me what you think, all constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
OK, well...... I have this great idea. Yeah, doesn't sound like much. But....
BTW, this will be made in RPG Maker XP with Pokemon Essentials.

Pokemon Gold 2 and Silver 2!
DC5QY00.png

9kMg9fw.jpg

Information:
- 2 years after the events of Gold and Silver
- Johto region has expanded
- Johto League has slightly changed
- Familiar Faces!
fxG3aWo.png
League Champion anyone?
kOMVvZ3.png
Where'd the cape go?
fUd7Xph.png
Gray-haired Giovanni!
JnZNmNj.png
Who's the new Gym Leader?
- Illex Forest was chopped down for lumber to build the new towns and cities.

Player Character (Concept Art):
LRZsem6.png

Currently, I can't think of a female character....

Johto:
S261aBV.png

Pokemon League:

Azalea Town (Bugsy- Bug Type)
Goldenrod City (Whitney- Normal Type)
Violet City (Falkner- Flying Type)
Cherrygrove City (Silver- Variety)
Blackthorn City (Lance- Dragon Type)
Mahogany Town (Pryce- Ice Type)
Olivine City (Jasmine- Steel Type)
Cianwood City (Eusine- Water Type)

Story:
You start out as a new trainer living in Azalea Town. It's been said that Professor Oak is coming to Goldenrod City to give new trainers their first Pokemon. Hearing the news, you travel to Goldenrod City to recieve a Pokemon. Here, Oak will give you a choice of three Pokemon:
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile
Two other trainers, the rival and Nathan, have also come.
The rival has come from Windflow Town, and Nathan has come from Violet City. They will recieve Pokemon based off the Pokemon you choose.

You can name the rival, who by default, is:
(Gold 2/Silver 2)
Gary/Ash
Jackson/Spike
Galen/Pyrite
Improved/Klassic
Geyser/John
Draco/Harry
Taz/Kaz
Ledge/Kij
Marcus/KoolKat
Lutz/Moss

The rival will recieve the Kanto starter strong to your starter.
Nathan will recieve the Hoenn starter weak to your starter.

If you travel to New Bark with the Gym Badge from Cherrygrove City, Professor Elm will give you another Pokemon:
Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup

The rival will recieve the Unova starter weak to your new starter.
Nathan will recieve the Johto starter strong to your new starter.

Game-Exclusive Pokemon:
(Gold 2)
Pidgey+Evo's
Meowth+Evo's
Electrike+Evo's
Magikarp+Evo's
Shinx+Evo's
Purrloin+Evo's
Rattata+Evo's
Lugia
Raikou
Moltres
Dialga

(Silver 2)
Spearow+Evo's
Mankey+Evo's
Pikachu+Evo's
Poliwag+Evo's
Diglett+Evo's
Absol
Riolu+Evo's
Patrat+Evo's
Ho-oh
Entei
Zapdos
Palkia

It is possible to obtain the Pokemon by post-game trades with some trainers.

People you will meet:
Blue- Former Gym Leader of Kanto's Viridian Gym.
Red- Former Kanto Champion. Returned from Mt. Silver 2 years ago.
Brendan- He moves to Hoenn at the end of the game. You will meet him twice.
Clyde- A scientist who developed the PokeX system.
Hugh- A little kid who is moving to Unova. You meet him three times.
Nathan- A trainer the age of the player.

Player Customization (Minor)
You can change into 6 different outfits (3 per gender)

The Rockets are back!
-Team Rocket was reformed under the control of the Executive, Proton.
-Giovanni and the player will help stop Team Rocket.

PokeX:
A device which allows you to access specific events. During the course of the game, I may release exclusive events which can be accessed through PokeX. You may download multiple events, but as of now, each event will require a new save file. If I find out a way to incorporate a way to transfer events via Internet, so you can recieve multiple event Pokemon, I will install it.

If you would like to help me, PM me with the request.

Please give me some constructive criticism on this idea, so I can work on it.

FluorescentMunchlax

(aka Joltiikk)
Years
I had an idea where instead of just having your mum (and dad in hoenn) your whole family is a part of the game and each person plays a special role. This is what I came up with:

View attachment 69776
This is you... of course the trainer who travels across the land etc.

View attachment 69772
This is your little brother. He is not super significant but he is a bit nerdy and knows almost everything about pokemon. You can call him on your Xtransever to get him to tell you more about abilities, moves, etc, kinda like Cheren and Bianca from B2 and W2.

View attachment 69773
This is your sister. She is the professor's assistant and she is the person who gives you new features on the pokedex as well as evaluates it.

View attachment 69775
Moving on to more important people this is your dad, the normal type leader. He is the gym leader of your town and the first gym you do.

View attachment 69774
And finally, your mum. She is the champion of the region.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Pokemon One

This is going to be a big game. I am planning to expand it into an online game later on if possible. The game is basically focused on competitive pokemon battles, hence pokemons will be balanced and all pokemon will be given a role to play on a team. Battles will follow a rule where:

1. No evasive moves are allowed (or I can adjust these later on to add another strategy in the game)
2. A team may consist a maximum of 1 Class S (an uber pokemon), 3 Class A (Ou pokemon), unlimited Class B or below pokemon... of course you can make a whole class B pokemon but a maximum for the ones mentioned above will be followed

ALso, we will add a lot of other features such as:
1. The addition of Pokemon X and Y pokemons (I have to wait for the game to get their stats and movepool, I have some sprites but I'll still wait for the game)
2. A pokemon petting system where you can play with the pokemon, get activities with it, make them work in a farm or do stuff for you or do missions with you (yeah I will add quests) basically not just battling, something that will make you have a sentimental bond with your pokemon
3. Quests System (aside from the main story)
4. Lots for sale system where you can build farms and houses and your own gym perhaps.
5. The character will also be open for customization
6. My friend suggested to add a marriage system, I'll think about it
7. I am not including mega evolutions, although I might make charizard's sprite into his mega evolution, I'm open for suggestions

The game was made from scratch which makes it extremely more tedious to work on BUT it also makes the result more flexible to more features that are not available from other scripting softwares. The game is made from a 3D SDK software (overkill, but I work with 3D games more thus I can just adjust it into a 2D game, it also allows for 3D effects which we will look like a 3D effect in a 2D game, quite awesome if you ask me).

No the programming is not impossible, just tedious but we can manage (let's do this!), plus if you join the team the game will be better. Makers of the game will be side characters of gym leaders in the game (not just people in an office building). I am in dire need of help in making this game (if I do this alone with minimal help it might take me more than a year or two to finish it), specially artists.

Since the game is very open for suggestions we can make a huge world (good for an online game) and a lot of added features.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
So basically this is the fangame idea I'm planning for now: Pokemon Regulus.
Tentative Logo:
6ps2.png
Regulus is a cool word IMO, which has many different meanings (bright star, little king, impure metal, basilisk) that coincide with various elements of my storyline.

Setting:
tervarimapv2copy.jpg

City/ Landmark/ Route descriptions in here.​
The game takes place in the Tervari region, which is almost as big as Kanto and Johto combined. As a whole, Tervari isn't as developed as urbanized regions such as Unova or Kalos, but makes it up with more diverse cultures and interesting folklore, as well as never-before-seen Pokemon that are not found in other regions.

Plot:
You start out in Luxuria Suburbs as a teenager who, along with your two childhood friends Kathryn and Devon, idolizes the Tervari Region's emerging peace-enforcing group named Team Aegis. You and your friends go to Luxuria City to participate in a pokemon lottery sponsored by Team Aegis, and by some weird twist of fate, you win the grand prize: three pokemon! Since your friends pitched in some money for you to buy the winning ticket, you divide the spoils and pick your starter. And thus your adventure begins!

Features:
New region, new characters, regional dex composed entirely of fakemons, you know the drill. However, the storyline is what I'm interested in developing. More interaction, more fleshed-out characters, a gameplot that unfolds differently depending on your choices, kickass folklore, and a possible love interest of sorts developing postgame is what I'm hoping to incorporate in this game.

Starter Pokemon:
So far I just started working on pokemon & character concept art, and I'm going on a slow but steady pace. I'm aiming for a 154-slot regional dex composed entirely of fakemons, so yeah this is gonna take a bit but so far I'm having fun. Currently I got the fire starter line done out of the 3 starter pokemon lines. This is a pic of Crotyke:
lpxh.jpg
rawr!

Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
Pokémon Snap in Unity3D Team!

So this game really REALLY needs to be remade, because it was frakking awesome. I've had this idea for ages now, and no real way to start developing it :( basically, I want to make Pokemon Snap in Unity3D. The game will take place in Kanto, and it will be an open world game, with lots of Pokémon roaming about to take pictures of. You will start in Pallet Town as an aspiring photographer who is given the chance (by a much younger Prof. Oak) to take the pictures that will be used in an early version of the Pokédex, and will journey through Kanto in much the same way Red did in the original games. I am yet to work out the finer details, but what I need right now is a team of people. I can write reasonably well in C#, I would love some more programmers and some 3D artists to remake Kanto and model the 151 original Pokémon. Is anybody interested?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
Title: Pokemon World (work in progress)
Introduction: The game takes place 10 years after current Pokemon events. Professor Oak has retired and handed over his research laboratory to his grandson Gary, who becomes the new "Pokemon Professor". Ash Ketchum's age has finally become normal after a near-death experience during a grueling battle with Pokemon Master Red, and he decides to start a Pokemon Academy, replacing the old tradition of starting your journey with Pokemon at age 10. Red is still traveling the world, constantly training his powerful team, searching for someone stronger than himself.

You play Killian or Jillian (depending on gender choice), age 10 at the start of the game. You and your fraternal twin Maximillian have just moved with your parents to Pallet Town in the Kanto region from a place where no one knows what Pokemon are. Your parents sign you both up for the academy. This is the first phase of the game. You both do extremely well and surpass everyone else in the academy. As an early graduation present, Ash takes the two of you over to Gary's lab to pick out your first Pokemon, which are the 3 original starters- Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle-, and Gary gives you each a Pokedex. On your graduation day, your parents bid you farewell as you both embark on your journey with Pokemon.

Pokemon: (work in progress)
No "Fakemon"
All Kanto Pokemon catchable
All Johto Pokemon catchable
All Hoenn Pokemon catchable
All Sinnoh Pokemon catchable
All Unova Pokemon catchable
All Kalos Pokemon catchable
Unlike previous games, each region's Pokemon will be found in that region only. (i.e. 1-151 in Kanto only, 152-251 in Johto only, etc.)

Locations: (work in progress)
Kanto (includes anime-exclusive cities and towns)
Johto (includes Orange Islands)
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos

Characters: (work in progress)
Killian/Jillian: You
Maximillian: Your fraternal twin brother
Gary Oak: New Pokemon Professor, grandson of the retired Professor Oak
Ash Ketchum: Headmaster of the Pokemon Academy
Original Kanto Gym Leaders are now Academy Instructors, replaced with new leaders
Professor Oak: Retired Pokemon Professor

Program being used: Unity 3D
[I'm on my own currently, so I really NEED a team to help get this project complete as soon as possible]

Other details:
I would like to have avatar customization possible
I would like to try to have an age system
I would like to have an optional "follow me" system (you choose whether or not you have a Pokemon follow you)
I would like to have a "relationship" factor, where you can build relationships with other trainers (possibly even as far as romantic stages with those of the opposite sex, but nothing past a "T" rating)
I would like to make it open-world

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Pokémon U and V

Hi there.

This is a project I've been working on for a while.

(I can't really provide screenshots yet, as I've been mainly busy with coding up until now, but don't worry, they will come in due time.)

--Story--

Welcome to the Wynntos region!
You have been chosen as one of the three local children meant to become great Pokémon trainers. And what a great time to become a trainer it is! A new type, Stellar, has just been discovered, as has a new way for Pokémon to evolve! In addition to that, the decade-long absence of Wisond, the legendary Pokémon protecting the region, is just about to end.
But in the shadows of these miraculous adventures, a dark force is engineering a plot to throw the region into chaos. Will you be able to overcome great odds and become the strongest of trainers?

--Features--

- a classic Pokémon adventure set in a region based on California and Nevada
- around 70 Fakemon (they only appear in Pokemon U. Pokémon V will have the otherwise same features, minus the Fakemon)
- new abilities and moves (lots of them)
- a move that allows Pokémon to reach a new stage of evolution (original concept, do not steal ;) )
- a new type, Stellar, which encompasses pokémon related to space and aliens
- some Gen 6-innovations (Fairy-type, some moves, some mons)
- some story innovations listed in the spoiler below. !!!Only look at the spoiler if you're not interested in surprises!!!

Spoiler:

What do you think of this idea? Are there too many innovations, or does the plot sound too generic?
Please let me know :)

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
This has been in planning for years, so I'll probably never start this project, despite having over 60 sprites made (including backsprites). Part of it is my inability to script/program, and also making new tilesets is very daunting. Anyhow, just thought I'd share my ideas, who knows, it may inspire someone else.

Pokemon Ambit!
ambitstarters_zpse09e8e0c.png

The starters, Nubbit, Flurp, and Wuddle.
These sprites are outdated, but I have so many image folders it's hard to find the current ones. Nubbit is the fast one, Flurp is the defensive one, and Wuddle is the special user.

warriawksprite_zpsdafe12ad.png
Premise
A Fakemon-only game which takes place in a region that somewhat resembles late 1800s America. Pokemon technology will still exist, though there will be fantastical/mild steampunk elements. For example, the Pokemon PC system in this game will be explained as being a series of vacuum tubes with an underground network.
Humans are relatively new to the Ambit region, which is a valley flanked by rugged mountains, with rough seas in the south, making it very secluded until a few hundred years ago. Despite this, there is evidence of ancient humans living in this region even more centuries prior, yet they were wiped out by an unknown natural force. Some researchers fear that the time for mass extinction is coming again, yet there are few clues on how to stop this catastrophe, or what it even is exactly.
Meanwhile, there is a strange, radical group named Team Everstone causing problems. Team Everstone is a cult who believes that Pokemon who evolve are unpure, and that non-evolving Pokemon are superior. Obviously, they feel that legendary Pokemon are the supreme beings. The group was thought to be harmless except for the occassional harrassment of trainers. Lately, however, they've been causing more trouble, stealing Pokemon and going as far as to attempt to contaminate the water supply with Everpowder, ground up Everstone that would prevent any Pokemon who drinks it from evolving, possibly forever. Some of the important NPC's think that Team Everstone's obsession with finding legendary Pokemon may have a part in history repeating itself, with another mass extinction occuring.

opoxumsprite_zpsebcb5604.png
Un-features (that is to say, things in modern Pokemon games that won't be present in Ambit)

Spoiler:

erminkvariation_zps2d8c6e47.png

Features/ideas

Spoiler:

lunewtsprite_zpsff89c563.png
Gym Leaders (no images)

Spoiler:

sanguitosprite_zps926b917b.png
Some moves that gain TM status

Spoiler:

burlversprite_zpsee3765e5.png
New moves, many of which are learned by very limited Pokemon, bar TMs

Spoiler:

Years
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Dreams

You get to choose your character as either Darkrai or Cresselia. Who ever you don't choose becomes your partner. Also depending on the gender you choose you get a different sprite. Like a female darkrai character will be shiny and male darkrai character will not. Like that.

So far I have already planned the beginning of the story story.

You are a human choosen by Arceus to continue a long line of dream makers (AKA Darkrai and Cresselia). Arceus then explains that humans are never chosen for this because of their inability to understand the importance of dreams. But then he goes on to tell you that the reason you have been chosen because of a destiny long ago chosen for you.

He does not tell you of this destiny yet but later in the game you will find out.

You then get to choose what pokemon you want to be and whether you are male or female. Then you are sent into the dream world to be briefed by a pair of pokemon. Either Darkrai (if you choose to be a cresselia) or Cresselia (If you choose to be a darkrai). They go on to tell you about your first assignment, which is different once again depending on what species you choose.

At the end of said assignment you meet your rival Lun (A gengar) who then challenges you to a battle. At the end of the battle he tells you that this won't be the last time you see him before disappearing.

After that you wake up in the middle of the forest beside the assignment (They will be called in game, Dreamers). This is where you'll meet your partner that was assigned to you. He or she will go on to ask you about your name. Then after that they will 'say' their name and then ask you to repeat back to them. This is where you'll choose your partner's name.

They'll take you to the place you'll be living. They explain on the way that you have been chosen to join the dream academy and for the next year you'll be trained along side many other types of dream producing pokemon.

You are then told that you should sleep during the day and then meet them at night in front of your home. So you go to bed wondering and talking to yourself before you fall asleep.

The next night you meet her out front and she takes you to the academy to meet your teacher, a hypno by the name of Chrono. Chrono then proceeds to tell you about how things are done around here and where you'll buy items, the job board, ect. Then you are given another assignment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thats as much as I have planned out so far. I'm planning on making this in RPG Maker VX using the PMD kit.

If I do get this idea started I need more then anything is spriters and some coders. I can do a lot of the scripting and putting together the game. I'm not at all new to that program.

So what do you guys think?

G-Master

Lead of Pokémon Roll
Years
  • Age 29
  • AZ
  • Seen May 10, 2022
This is a post to inform the community about a game I am working on entitled Pokemon Aeons. The main premise of this game is to introduce the Pokemon formula we know and love with a a more realistic tone. As is customary with most fan games these days, I do indeed plan to include everything up to Unova (Kalos is still a variable at this point). Here are some specs:

Story:
Your character was born and raised in Unova. The game begins with a series of flashbacks showing you various scenes including the player's birth (obviously not in much detail) and some other flashbacks. The character then awakens in an unfamiliar bed with an older woman caring for him, saying that one of the local trainers found him passed out on Route 1. Being from Unova, the MC thinks he's close to home, but he's wrong. He's in Pallet Town. Your story begins as you try to search for a way home to Unova, and experiencing what that might entail.

Theme:
This Pokemon game is going to be more adult-oriented, but not in the sense of "guns, violence, and sex." The people working on the story intend to focus on the moral-ethical dilemmas of the Pokemon world, similar to N's ideas in Black and White. Another example would be Team Rocket selling Pokemon for a profit. We want the player to ask themselves, "is this wrong?" I don't intend to spoil much more, but let me also say that the MC also keeps running into this guy claiming to be God who keeps spouting nonsense about "video games" and "programming." So yeah, YOU will be talked to, not just your character.

Time:
My designer researched this heavily, and we plan to have the game set during the storyline of Black and White. You obviously won't be in Unova for it though.

Highlights:
  • Shadow Pokemon will be a factor in the story of this game. Obviously most of us know what they are, but the characters themselves don't. More importantly is a more realistic snag machine system. You can most definitely steal regular Pokemon from trainers, but should you? Don't expect to get away with it easily.
  • A friendship/relationship system will be implemented to give an added sense of interaction with the NPCs. I can't say to what degree, but the current plan is to have it in there.
  • Larger Maps of the old regions will be made. Chronologically speaking, it's been about 10 years since FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald, about 7 since HeartGold/SoulSilver, and about 5 since Platinum. Towns can change quite a bit in that timeframe, and we want to capture the sense that this is a "world," not just some four building towns with connecting routes.
  • Customizable Nuzlocke is planned. I can't say to what degree at this point, but players will select what restrictions they want implemented during those initial flashbacks.
  • Achievements with in-game rewards

That's all I'll say for the purpose of keeping this post brief. If you want to learn more about Pokemon Aeons, feel free to send me a PM. I'd be more than happy to fill you in, and we may even have some spots available if you would like to help.

EDIT: Turns out there will be a title change, seeing as how "Pokemon Eon Version" is already being developed by someone else.

Last edited:

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
I don't intend to spoil much more, but let me also say that the MC also keeps running into this guy claiming to be God who keeps spouting nonsense about "video games" and "programming." So yeah, YOU will be talked to, not just your character.

This concept sounds cool. I love fourth wall breaking stuff. It might take a bit of work to get this done correctly (so it doesn't seem silly) though.

I'm all for making a more serious game that doesn't go all 2edgy4me on itself, but just remember there's a limit to how serious and realistic you can make a game about fighting cute monsters without it seeming out of place.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Wow some great ideas in here. I'm not really a story writer or anything like that, so forgive me for my simple idea. xD

I'm working on a Pokemon Sudoku game, just to get back into some web development. Here's a little screenshot of the design I'm doing:

i9Bs9q37MiWQH.png

Some planned features are:

• Hints
  • Game Types (Unknown, Starters, Eevee, etc)
  • Leaderboard
  • Difficulty Settings

I'm going to be referencing this a lot while I develop it: http://www.fourthwoods.com/sudoku.js

Again it's not a story game or anything like that, but a game nonetheless. xD Any constructive criticism or ideas would be great.

Years
untitled_drawing_by_silverrio-d6ya8nw.png

You,the Protagonist,Leonard/Katherine Umber Rivers,are a young teenager from Greenville Logwood of Eastern Islo,with your best friend and arch nemesis. Islo,also known as the Isle of Lost Legends,has long since intrigued your curiosities,though different; You wanted to explore the entire Region,and many more around it. Your best friend,being a geek,wanted to find all the Pokemon of the Region. And your arrogant,aggressive rival aches to beat the Council of Ambiance and shove it in their face. And on the day of your 15th Birthdays,your dreams are starting to be fulfilled,a new song of your own fate.

After receiving your Starter Pokemon from a choice of Strychub,the Bush Pokemon;Dinscale,the Taunter Pokemon,and Dolflo,the Basking Pokemon,you and your friends and families head towards Sootmill Plazas of Focal Islo to celebrate the Carnival of Songs. At the Carnival,your meeting with the Maestro(AKA Champion)of the Islo Region for winning the Chaser's Hunt is interrupted before he arrives,by a group of digital people whom you met on the way to the Carnival,naming themselves as the 'Techno Marauders'. They destroy Sootmill's Windmills,which generate huge amounts of electricity for the large City and its famous Violeau Shopping Mall. As mysteries about another form of Mega Evolution unravel itself,you are soon forced in the chain of time,a flow of songs which has been chorused with no escape. Friends and fiends... Sometimes,both mix together...
======================================================
(Don't steal any sprites or edit them for use please x3x" These were made from scratch,so don't rip off the hours I put into making them)
heya_sucka__by_silverrio-d73xve4.png
Leonard Umber Rivers - Male Protagonist
kate_sprite_v1___by_silverrio-d708x27.png
Katherine Umber Rivers - Female Protagonist

Samuel M. Cypress - Male Protagonist's Friendly Rival(If you choose Male,you get this Rival,etc)
Sabrina S. Cypress - Female Protagonist's Friendly Rival

Felicia E. Astavia - Male Protagonist's Enemy Rival
cold_shoulder_by_silverrio-d73pea1.png
Frederick C. Astavia - Female Protagonist's Enemy Rival

(Occasional Rivals Below)

eon_sprite_v1__by_silverrio-d71vgkr.png
Eon - "N"
harder_than_mother_nature_by_silverrio-d74bcvn.png
Aloe - Assistant Professor

Techno Marauders,Techno Marauders Remixed - Antagonists
Masters of technology,they aim to use Arceus' power to recreate the world in the name of Science to further the progress of change and future.

Features:
-254 New Fakemon!
-Some remade and many new Moves,Abilities and Hold Items!
-A new Light type,to fend off Dark and Ghost types,and for them to retaliate against!
-All new characters,storylines,region!
-Backstabs and surprises!(Yes,Mommy and Sister finally have roles in Pokemon games! >:) )
-A new version of Mega Evolution(And the more,the merrier!)
-Many,many more!
======================================================
Council of Ambiance members:

-Symphony Leaders(Gym Leaders)
Chip of Radstrio Casino[Duel Emblem] (TM Lariat) - Fighting
Stella of Violeau Shopping Mall[Tinder Emblem] (TM Feather Flare) - Fire
Nick of Bamboo Meadows[Lumber Emblem] (TM Timber) - Steel
Solkir & Lunia of Fuusio Amusement Park[Contrast Emblem] (TM Supernova) (TM Soulforce) - Light and Ghost
Las.Lagre of Gypstroll Drama Theaters[Legend Emblem] (TM Mythic Arc) - Dragon
Astuara of Magda's Bane[Pirate Emblem] (TM Bluebell Gallon) - Water
Trevor of Blackblood Castle[Unknown Emblem] (TM Shadow Split) - Dark
Anthony of Bestiore Marshlands[Pattern Emblem] (TM Wonder Puff) - Bug

-Orchestral 4(Elite 4)
Aloe of Ivymyth Forest - Grass
Zack of Sparkbolt Clock Tower - Electric
Feng of Cloudrift Fortress - Flying
Stagmia of Rumblerock Chamber - Rock

-Maestro(Champion)
Neo/Owen/Eon of Alpha's Citadel - All Types
umber_amp_kevin_sprite_by_silverrio-d77ggov.png