• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
sooo I just evolved abra which i caught at level 18 and it evolves at level 22 and the game froze when i was battling with the last trainer girl on route 25 music kept playing but i couldn't move at all whats up with that??

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Having only played 2 rather hacks before this, I can say this is probably my favourite. I really enjoyed the changes you have made, both rivals, the Silver-esq one and the new Pokemon around. Don't enjoy Giovanni not being a gym leader but I can understand why you could've moved him so I won't complain much about it.
That "Silver-esque" rival you're referring to isn't a new character, it is the same Silver you're referring to.

The reason why I'm calling him "Kamon" instead of "Silver" is because in DarkViolet's planned sequel, the trio of main characters are going to be Ethan, Lyra, and Kamon. I think it's wrong to call him Silver if Ethan isn't called Gold. But because Game Freak renamed him Ethan in Gen IV, I don't think the G/S/C/HG/SS rival should be called Silver. So I picked out the most logical name for him, which is derived from the available names in Pokemon Silver Version:
1_zps960436fd.png

Because the "Silver" name should only be used in conjunction with the Johto protagonist being named Gold, but because I'm calling him Ethan, then I'm not calling him Silver, so I picked the next name on the list.

It's the same logic as people that ask me if I'll let people name the opposite-gender rival, because they often say "It's weird if my name's Bob, his name's Joe, but her name is Green, ya know?" Same logic. It's weird if Johto male protagonist if Ethan, Johto female protagonist is Lyra, and Johto rival is...Silver?

I don't want people to view him as a "new rival", as I didn't just put him there randomly. Remember that he is Giovanni's son.

- Early difficulty. Started with a Charmander and without Metal Claw I felt like he struggled a bit. I did have a Nidoran M but had to have him evolve before Brock became beatable. Metal Claw at 16 (since he doesn't evolve) could make this easier
I really don't think that in the original Red, Green, and Blue games that Game Freak actually intended for you to pit your Charmander against Brock's Onix. I think they intended for you to find a strategy to deal with Rock types, basically being catching other Pokemon. Even if that wasn't their intention (which I doubt), it's still my intention. Pokemon Origins is a perfect example, notice how after Red finds out that his Charmander's attacks won't do much to Brock's Rock-type Pokemon, he switches to Nidoran and dishes out super-effective Double-Kicks. He only uses Charmander again when Onix is at very low HP and he has nothing else left.

- Later difficulty. I'm not sure if it was because I was mainly using Charmander, Nidoran M and Spearow for the game but after the Nugget Bridge I was flatrolling the game. If Nidoran M had better moves most of the game wouldn't be a challenge.
Are you battling every trainer? I'm balancing the difficulty of this game under the assumption that you seek out and battle every trainer possible, something that Game Freak seemed to not do until B2/W2.

- The Nugget Bridge has a glitch. You can re-battle the guy who gives you a nugget. Thanks to that guy I had like 11 nuggets and my mons between 27 and 30.
Could you rebattle him by talking to him or by stepping on the tiles adjacent to him? I thought I fixed that, guess I'll have to look into it. Thanks for pointing that out.

sooo I just evolved abra which i caught at level 18 and it evolves at level 22 and the game froze when i was battling with the last trainer girl on route 25 music kept playing but i couldn't move at all whats up with that??
It seems that you're the only one who has experienced that problem, sorry that happened. I don't know what to say, does it happen every time you battle her or was it just that one time?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
its ok but i dont know if it happens every time i got really angry and closed the game so now i have to do it over again if it happens ill tell you immediatelly apology accepted ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
That "Silver-esque" rival you're referring to isn't a new character, it is the same Silver you're referring to.

The reason why I'm calling him "Kamon" instead of "Silver" is because in DarkViolet's planned sequel, the trio of main characters are going to be Ethan, Lyra, and Kamon. I think it's wrong to call him Silver if Ethan isn't called Gold. But because Game Freak renamed him Ethan in Gen IV, I don't think the G/S/C/HG/SS rival should be called Silver. So I picked out the most logical name for him, which is derived from the available names in Pokemon Silver Version:

Because the "Silver" name should only be used in conjunction with the Johto protagonist being named Gold, but because I'm calling him Ethan, then I'm not calling him Silver, so I picked the next name on the list.

It's the same logic as people that ask me if I'll let people name the opposite-gender rival, because they often say "It's weird if my name's Bob, his name's Joe, but her name is Green, ya know?" Same logic. It's weird if Johto male protagonist if Ethan, Johto female protagonist is Lyra, and Johto rival is...Silver?

I don't want people to view him as a "new rival", as I didn't just put him there randomly. Remember that he is Giovanni's son.

Ahhh I wasn't sure if that was intentional or not. I like it :)

I really don't think that in the original Red, Green, and Blue games that Game Freak actually intended for you to pit your Charmander against Brock's Onix. I think they intended for you to find a strategy to deal with Rock types, basically being catching other Pokemon. Even if that wasn't their intention (which I doubt), it's still my intention. Pokemon Origins is a perfect example, notice how after Red finds out that his Charmander's attacks won't do much to Brock's Rock-type Pokemon, he switches to Nidoran and dishes out super-effective Double-Kicks. He only uses Charmander again when Onix is at very low HP and he has nothing else left.

Fair enough. Is it fair to assume that this will be your mind set to every gym leader?

Are you battling every trainer? I'm balancing the difficulty of this game under the assumption that you seek out and battle every trainer possible, something that Game Freak seemed to not do until B2/W2.
Yes I am. Every trainer + maybe a level or two in the grass depending how close to leveling up I am. It could be because I'm focusing on only 3 Pokemon. For example I'm at Rock Tunnel and I have a level 40 Charizard, 35 Nidorino and 35 Fearow. I don't think I should be quite at those levels this side of the tunnel.

Could you rebattle him by talking to him or by stepping on the tiles adjacent to him? I thought I fixed that, guess I'll have to look into it. Thanks for pointing that out.
I was just mashing A and stumbled on it accidentally. When I came back from doing Bill he was gone.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Fair enough. Is it fair to assume that this will be your mind set to every gym leader?
Well it doesn't really apply to later Gym Leaders because you have a lot more team options by that point.

Yes I am. Every trainer + maybe a level or two in the grass depending how close to leveling up I am. It could be because I'm focusing on only 3 Pokemon. For example I'm at Rock Tunnel and I have a level 40 Charizard, 35 Nidorino and 35 Fearow. I don't think I should be quite at those levels this side of the tunnel.
Well, yeah, you're definitely overleveled. But you also said that you kept battling the Rocket Grunt on Nugget Bridge over and over again and were already overleveled to at that point (and you only have 3 Pokemon). By the time I reached Rock Tunnel, I had 4 Pokemon from Lv30-33. Others have told me about the same range.

I know there's some people that like having a full team from the get-go, and some people that gradually go up to six (that would be me), so ultimately the levels of your party will depend on how many team members you have. But either way, if you're overleveled at one point, it should balance out by the end assuming you eventually go up to 6, and that's simply because every Pokemon has a set amount of EXP required to reach Lv100.

I was just mashing A and stumbled on it accidentally. When I came back from doing Bill he was gone.
Ok, I see. I'll do a lot of testing with that before the next release then.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
So here's the deal.That final girl trainer on route 25 has a cleffa igglybuff and clefairy.I saved right before battling her just in case... when i beat her final pokemon my pokemon leveled up just like last time and the game froze again so i closed it.When i reopened it and battled her again but this time with another pokemon of mine it didn't level up and the game continued normally.Should i believe this glitch happens only if our pokemon level up in the battle with that trainer? I hope this helps in making this game even better so please fix that too in the final release, Chaos Rush

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
For some reason, my Charmeleon won't evolve up to Lv38. Has its evolution level been moved to 40 or am I doing something wrong? Is Charizard perhaps not in the game yet?

EDIT: Never mind, Charmeleon evolved at Lv40.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So here's the deal.That final girl trainer on route 25 has a cleffa igglybuff and clefairy.I saved right before battling her just in case... when i beat her final pokemon my pokemon leveled up just like last time and the game froze again so i closed it.When i reopened it and battled her again but this time with another pokemon of mine it didn't level up and the game continued normally.Should i believe this glitch happens only if our pokemon level up in the battle with that trainer? I hope this helps in making this game even better so please fix that too in the final release, Chaos Rush
I don't know what's causing that nor can I replicate it, but I've written it down on a list of things to check out before next release. Thanks for playing.

For some reason, my Charmeleon won't evolve up to Lv38. Has its evolution level been moved to 40 or am I doing something wrong? Is Charizard perhaps not in the game yet?

EDIT: Never mind, Charmeleon evolved at Lv40.
Not to sound rude, but there's a reason why I included a notepad file with the release titled, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING". If you see something that says "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING" in big capital letters, then you should probably read it before playing, so that any questions you may have would already be answered. Here's a quote from the file:
Please be aware of certain Pokémon having their
evolutionary levels modified in order to balance the game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
How do you evolve eevee into espeon? I have a sun stone, but you can't use it on eevee and I tried giving it to eevee as a held item. Has anybody figured this out yet?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
How do you evolve eevee into espeon? I have a sun stone, but you can't use it on eevee and I tried giving it to eevee as a held item. Has anybody figured this out yet?
You know there's a file that comes with it that says in big capital letters, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING" that specifically tells you how Eevee evolves into Espeon... (btw, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING" means you should probably read it before playing)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You know there's a file that comes with it that says in big capital letters, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING" that specifically tells you how Eevee evolves into Espeon... (btw, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING" means you should probably read it before playing)
You should know by now that even if it pop-upped at the beginning of the game, most of the people wouldn't read it... You can't do anything about it.

Archeops

Pixel artist and hack player
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I'm kinda hoping the mechanics of the EV Berries can be implemented into this game. If so, they'd be a good sale in the Underground Market, next to the Energy Guru.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
i just finished the beta and had the most fun in a long time in a pokemon game.I suppose that's because it reminded me of the very first time i played a pokemon game which ironically was fire red :D.How much longer is the game gonna take and could you tell us how far you've progressed quest-wise? please hurry i can't stand all this waiting :S :S

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
Years
Hi! When I played this hack, it was freaking awesome! But when was it going to be released? And what have you done recenly in your hack? I'm curious...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
^ Stop asking for a release date, it'll be done when it's done.

Last edited:
Years
I like the idea of this hack.
I'm probably going to wait for the full release to play it though. Nice graphics, sprites and storyline, keep up the good work!
Btw, any support banners?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017

Sorry, I misread the text. I thought it was the Sun Stone not Sun Dust. Thanks for the sarcasm though jerk.

Back