The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 16th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Lesqx
eRepublik Player

Nature: Quiet
First shiny pokemon... hmmm.. Aron or swablu (but my think first is swablu). We play pokemon emerald (with a friend) see this and we say "wtf?! what is this?! Looks interesing! Lesqx, you must catch this!"

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
A shiny Sneasel in Icefall Cave. Unfortunately all my pokemon were at like, level 50-60, so I couldn't weaken it. I eventually ran out of PokeBalls trying to catch it, so I had to KO it :'(

It still haunts me to this day.
Old November 16th, 2013, 04:05 PM
[Lucian]
KANTO Champion

Nature: Relaxed
Oh nothing special, just your average Geodude that hides under rocks.
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
DarkPoke001
Newfound Love For Togekiss

Nature: Modest
A Shiny Sandshrew In LeafGreen In The Route To The Right Of Vermilion City

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : TBC

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

Hoenn Confirmed! - FOR REAL!
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Cryptonix

A Shiny Zubat in the Cave of Origin on Pokemon Ruby. Didn't know what a shiny Pokemon was, but I knew it was different and I wanted to catch it, but didn't come prepared and had to run away.
Old November 16th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Sceptile215

Ha same here. Out of all the Pokemon, why a Spinda? The only reason I was even in the area was to get some ash to make the flutes. I want a shiny Aron so bad though, and this was in my Sapphire? hey have you heard or encountered the time glitch in ruby and sapphire?
Old November 16th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Alex
Mmm, yeah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I don't remember what my first shiny encounter was, but I know the first shiny I ever caught was a Grimer in the Fiery Path in Emerald. I still have it both on Emerald and on my SoulSilver. Ah, memories. :')
Old November 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Imperator161

My first 3rd gen shiny was Spinda. Not exactly a stellar Pokémon, but it was cute, and I was excited to find one. I think I found it while EV training special attack or something. I don't think I've ever done anything with it, but I can picture it sitting in my box (I think I stuck it next to my regular Spinda so I could quickly flip back and forth and compare the colors of the two).
Old December 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
arctofire16

Hello

I'm sorry for my last thread, why I hate rhydon. it was in the right forum but I thought it was in the wrong forum so I cut n pasted it to the wrong forum and then it was moved to the right forum and then there was 2 titles.

But anyway Ruby was my first game, sometimes I look back on so many memories I had on that game. My overleveled Blaziken that could sweep any NPC in 1 hit and my severly underleveled rest of my team. Me not being able to defeat the elite 4 because of PP (It was actully to do with having only 2 Pokemon a Blaziken and a Groudon) Yeah I was so noobish I could even defeat the elite 4 with Groundon

Anyway when I'm scrolling through my memories one particular event comes to mind, the shiny Chinchou. Well I was doing the Deep Sea Tooth, Deep Sea Scale sidequest and thought I would try and catch some Pokemon on the way. I caught a Clamperl and 1 standard Chinchou and then....

I found a shiny Chinchou I was over the moon, I weakend it and went to my Pokeballs pocket and Id run out of Pokeballs

Share some of your storys on this thread, I would love to hear them
Old December 1st, 2013, 10:18 AM
MiniMinun
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

Nature: Calm
I don't really have many shiny stories, because the only shiny I have ever found was a Nincada in Emerald, but my condolences to you, man. Sucks to lose a shiny

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself." -Perrin Aybara
Old December 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think Pidgeotto was the first shiny Pokemon I ever caught, which was in FireRed. When I looked at its movepool after catching it and seeing Whirlwind, I realized I dodged a bullet.

Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:20 AM
Varus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki-kun. View Post
Never had one in the 3rd Gen, my first and only legit random encounter one was in 4th Gen.
Never had one in third gen either, my only shiny was the red gyarados in Crystal.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Feunard
Random Trainer

Nature: Lonely
I never had one in gen 3. My first one was in gen 4. I'm currently soft resetting for a shiny articuno in LG. If I get it then it will be my first shiny in the game.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Someday
*Waits for NHL 15 and ORAS*

Nature: Modest
I was lucky enough to find a shiny Golbat in Shoal Cave in Sapphire. Evolved it into a Crobat, and shiny Crobat is now Lv.100 and stored in Pokemon Diamond.
Animu:http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GucciMeme
Old December 4th, 2013, 03:31 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle

Growthile. Generally Growlithe is a quadruped, canine Pokémon. It has orange fur with black stripes along its back and legs. The fur on its muzzle, chest, belly, and tail is cream-colored, and there is an additional tuft of cream-colored fur on top of its head. Growlithe's coat is noticeably longer on its chest and tail. It has gray eyes, a black nose, and large, round ears. Its forepaws have two visible claws, while its hind paws have three toes each. Each paw has a brown pad.
Growlithe is a friendly and loyal Pokémon that will fearlessly defend its Trainer and its territory from harm. It drives threats away fiercely barking at or biting them, and even challenges larger, stronger enemies. Growlithe also has a powerful olfactory sense. It is able to smell the emotions of others, and never forgets a scent once smelled. However, strong, unpleasant smells can disable its sense of smell for short periods, as seen in the anime. Growlithe lives in grassy plains and near human settlements.But shiny Growthile are little different. The differences between a normal and a shiny Growthile is only the shinyness. Shiny sprite of Growthile looks great. One day i was searching for Vulpix in FireRed. I was searching too much suddenly i encountered a Shiny Growthile. I used my Charizard and reached growthile's HP to yellow then used a greatball but it flee easily tried again then it got caught. Well i level it up and maybe make it level 39. but it hasn't evolved yet. And i also didn't use it in League though.

Old December 4th, 2013, 05:00 AM
ryemck

My first was a Tentacool (after I got my Tentacruel to 100 -,-)

Second was Geodude

Third was Caterpie (which is now a level 87 Butterfree :D)

I only play Leaf Green btw
Old December 28th, 2013, 08:44 PM
FrozenInfernoZX
Legendary Trainer ZX

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to FrozenInfernoZX
Believe it or not, years ago on my Fire Red, I encountered TWO SHINIES IN A ROW. One just north of Vermilion City and then one on the route east of Vermilion. It was a Pidgey and a Drowsee!
I never cheated EVER. I was like, OMG, no way! No way! The chances of that happening. I bet nobody will believe me. Wahhh!

-----------------------------------------------
Pokémon Teal Version
: Alphere's Throne
Pokémon Ultimate ZX
: God of Restoration
Uiyto region map still in progress...
Old December 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM
mayuyu
Fairy Queen

a Gulpin in Sapphire
it was after beating the rival on the route on the way to Mauville and this majestic beauty popped up:
Old December 29th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
My first 3rd gen shiny was torchic.Promise I NEVER CHEATED!.Im using a cartridge and didnt know how to use cheats.At first I thought it was a glitch and called it "sprite glitch" .I was around 7 yrs. old during that time so don't call me a noob >_< .
Old December 29th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Introvert
Banned

If I recall correctly it was Whismur. But even though I had been playing since Red & Blue I didn't know about shinies at the time. I just remember thinking it was odd that this random Whismur I encountered in the wild sparkled as soon as the battle started.
Old December 29th, 2013, 09:56 AM
MiniMinun
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

Nature: Calm
Sadly, my first and only shiny I have ever found was a Nincada in my Emerald. Sadly, because I STILL have not found another shiny after all this time, but I am actually happy I got a Nincada because now I get two shinies out of the deal

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself." -Perrin Aybara
Old December 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
my first shiny in this gen was a pidgey. first pokemon i ran into when Oak gives you the pokeballs. i was in the middle of a challenge and it ultimately made me quit the challenge because i wanted to train it so badly believe it or not, this happened a few months ago!

look! its GOLD!!!

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 0/8 ]
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Bryony
Oh my, oh my?

Nature: Sassy
Pichu, in HeartGold I think..?
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Retribution
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
My first shiny was Zigzagoon.
It was my first because I did not know about shinies in my days back in Gen 2 when shiny pokemon were added.
I was curious at first and then I thought of it as a glitch.
I quickly googled about them and then that’s where I discovered them. I found them rather intriguing because they were very rare.
And thus, my story ends.
It was in Emerald by the way.
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM
abnegation
adventure

My first shiny was an RE Tailow, which I caught during a St. Patrick's Day Challenge. You could only use green Pokémon, and I really wanted a Swellow, so I spend hours looking for one, and believe me, I almost collapsed when I seen it. I guess "the luck of the Irish" is a true enough saying...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links