The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 11th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Lol they're trying to keep up the suspense even more. But some canon confirmation of Serena certainly taking interest and this childhood gab really seems to be the thing. I wonder how a Kanto region boy got up meeting a Kalos girl though...
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Famon

Found another good fanart-

Old November 14th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Master Trainer Empoleon

Nature: Bold
Next week's episode looks promising.

Old November 14th, 2013, 11:04 AM
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Lol they're trying to keep up the suspense even more. But some canon confirmation of Serena certainly taking interest and this childhood gab really seems to be the thing. I wonder how a Kanto region boy got up meeting a Kalos girl though...
According to her, there was a summer camp in Pallet Town that Professor Oak hosted that both went to. Ash remembers the camp, but not what happened between them there.
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:02 AM
Master Trainer Empoleon

Serena made cookies for Ash! XD

Old November 21st, 2013, 10:12 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
oh my god what is this i need to watch this episode nooooooooooooooooooooow

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old November 21st, 2013, 03:28 PM
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

ahhhh they're pushing amour so hard but i was still happier at clemont rescuing ash

idk i might just be shying away from the thing they really want us to ship. like it's weird; contestshipping was obvs writer-supported but it felt a lot more natural than amour so i didnt reject it
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old November 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
Maybe I'll just leave these here for others and I to gawk at. :3

The writers are definitely urging this on.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Anna
Community Supporter

i mean, in theory, i like amour. it's cute. but i don't like that it's being shoved upon me. seriously what was up with that ~romantic~ helping her up scene? i mean i guess it was more serena's take as a little girl with a crush but i just... don't want that to be all she's here for. i hope she'll stop clinging to the past and start liking ash for who he is rather than who he was cause i mean she really didnt even know him then. she's just created a fantasy around her saviour.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
precita

Man, its a good thing Serena wasn't introduced earlier in the series when more Misty fans were in the fandom. Serena would be getting a tremendous amount of hate from obsessive Pokeshippers right about now....

This is actually the big fear Pokeshippers had about May and Dawn when they were originally introduced, and some of them did irrationally hate their characters for shallow shipping purposes. Of course neither May nor Dawn crushed on Ash much, but they were still jealous because they were there and Misty wasn't.

I wonder if the writers are doing this because its now been 10 years in real life since Misty left, so after a decade all those old pokeshippers have pretty much died out and left the fandom, that the writers are free to pair Ash up with a new girl.

Kind of odd too, since Serena's personality feels like a mix of May and Dawn's so far.
Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:10 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
I've taken some time to really think about the personalities of Ash's girl companions. Dawn is easily my favorite. She's the most like Ash, I suppose. However, I think May fits better together with Ash in a romantic relationship :3 Misty, well sure, but they were more like hateloving siblings. Don't kill me now, Pokéshippers! And Iris, no really she was never even close to becoming romantically involved with Ash in my eyes.

So imo, Dawn is Ash's best girl friend and May has got a bigger chance at eventually hooking up with him ;3 However, with supergirly Serena strutting around, I guess that's far off in the distance.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old November 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
I just watched episode 7 a few hours ago. I was completely blown away. The writers better not mess this up.
Old November 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Master Trainer Empoleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
I just watched episode 7 a few hours ago. I was completely blown away. The writers better not mess this up.
I agree. Hope they don't mess this up, so much potential.

Also, I assume you're a Flutterhy fan.

Old November 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Are my eyes deceiving me? Or does the main girl actually have a canon crush on Ash?

XY had my curiosity, but now it has my attention.
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Famon

I want Serena to be treated like a extremely cute girl who attract the attention of all the boys around her .
Like a ''Popular Girl'' Stereotype in Anime !
I want to see Boys fawning over her , getting jealous of Ash & doing stupid funny thing for her.
I want boy to be like this when she walk in the street-
Spoiler:

I think this way this shipping will be interesting and writer will find a new source of Humor .
Currently Amourshipping is simply Normal One-sided feeling of a girl .
However , This is an Anime , Not real life .
In here Things has to be ''Interesting'' , Not ''Normal''.
Because Normal is plain & boring

Old November 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Jalsy
Kkaebsong

Nature: Quiet
Amourshipping is really something. It has taken the popularity of a shipping even before XY series ever aired. For some reasons I like it, the flashbacks scenes were cute and Serena's admiration for Ash seems to be growing..stronger. hmm.
Old November 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
precita

I find it funny all the people who disliked Dawn or Pearlshipping now like Amourshipping because outside of the childhood angle it's practically the same thing.

Serena's personality and mannerisms are nearly identical to Dawn's just without the coordinator aspect. In fact I honestly can't distinguish Serena's personality from Dawn's except for being a bit more shy I think?

We haven't had much shipping in the anime since AG though so its nice to have it back. Never understood why people shipped Dawn with Ash myself because they felt like siblings and Dawn was the least interested in romance of all of Ash's companions (except for Iris) so it was odd.

And yeah, Pokeshipping is just never going to be brought up again since the writers don't care to give Misty episodes anymore since like 2005 rofl.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 12:22 AM
Famon

you know ,
I honestly like Anime's where the protagonist/Hero has a crush on a beautiful girl !!!!
It make the Anime more interesting for me however it doesn't seem possible in Pokemon since Ash is so clueless .
Hypothetically , If Ash does get replace then I hope the new Protagonist will not be as clueless as Ash & he will have a deep crush on a idol-like girl .

Old December 2nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Farawayz
I'm new here! Hello!

Nature: Relaxed
(I'm gonna barge in on the convo here)
SerenaxAsh is cute. But Serena sort of reminds me of dawn. Cause, Dawn looked up to Ash in the Sinnoh seasons, and it seemed like she had a crush on him (according to many fans). It's probably the same game with Serena.

Who knows? I could be wrong, and it could end up something completely different from DawnxAsh. Like Serena acting like a mix of misty and dawn. I'd sort of like to see those two personalities in Serena, it'd make things interesting.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Recalling DP, I don't think that Dawn, from an objective viewpoint, had any significant crushing on Ash.

I don't feel that Serena reminds me of Dawn or Misty though. Her maturity seems in the middle between early Dawn and Misty overall. And she must be the first "undeclared major" ever in the show. I wouldn't be surprised if this culminates in that she just wanted to follow Ash around, which could end romantically or dramatically. Furthermore, she's demonstrated to be three-dimensional as a character in merely the first 8 episodes of the season.

Here's the catch: we see her three-dimensionality being driven and fleshed out by Ash. How else would she have been motivated to venture out? To question her preassigned Rhyhorn racing experience and at the same time find herself teaching it? Ash is, for all practical purposes, Serena's main motivation and evolutionary mechanism. I'll be damned if she doesn't turn out to be the most interesting character in the show for a long time, if not ever, when the series is over.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Kid Sonic

Max x Bonnie, in case anyone hasn't mentioned it yet.

Opinions?

"Your worst enemy is the exact opposite of yourself, in every way." ~ Kid Sonic

Quote:
Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Then what's the point of a sig?

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 1134-7195-2831
Old December 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Farawayz
I'm new here! Hello!

Nature: Relaxed
(This is a reply too Godot17)
Probably, but she still reminds me of Misty, the fact that she started travelling with Ash randomly, is sort of like Misty, how because of her Bike she followed Ash. Serena (in my opinion) reflects some characteristics of Misty/Dawn.
But then again that's just me.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Anna
Community Supporter

MAX x BONNIE
FOURTHWHEELSHIPPING
MY FAVOURITE

Seriously they would be adorable together oh my god can we have a spin-off where they adventure together as trainers?? that would be so cute
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
precita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farawayz View Post
(This is a reply too Godot17)
Probably, but she still reminds me of Misty, the fact that she started travelling with Ash randomly, is sort of like Misty, how because of her Bike she followed Ash. Serena (in my opinion) reflects some characteristics of Misty/Dawn.
But then again that's just me.
Serena really isn't anything like Misty though outside of the crush. She's far similar to Dawn with her love for fashion and girliness. She's also similar to May in being unsure of her goals.

Really Serena is pretty much the total opposite of Misty in every way.
Old December 6th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Famon

Since Serena crush seem to be confirmed , I hope writer do everything they couldn't do in previous series without making the cast girl fall for Ash .

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links