The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 22nd, 2013, 04:18 AM
Thief Noctis
Thief of the Night

Nature: Modest
The first ever time I took the test in Blue, I was Torchic. Naturally I reset.
The first ever team I completed the storyline with was me (Laura) as Eevee and my partner as Toto the Totodile. Possibly called Team Mountain? I was at a loss for names and just saw a mountain on the map, so yeah.

Don't quite remember for Time... but I think I was possibly Bulbasaur with a Chimchar partner, or other way around. Vaguely remember wanting to call us Team Pineapple, lol.

Become a bit more creative since then though. Actually I'm planning on restarting the PMD series today, as I have all of them except Red and Infinity (no plans on getting this one, it looks like it butchered the series, and if I don't cry at a PMD ending then it isn't worthy to be a PMD title).

http://winternoctis.webs.com/ (XY Hatchery & Safari)

(^ drawn by Sonatron)
Name: Laura — Age: 17
FC: 0920-0357-3706 — Shoot me a PM if you add me.
Old December 4th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Rash
In all of the PMD games I played I was always Mudkip. Which was awesome since I love that pokemon. xD My partner pokemon was also always Pikachu. That pair always does pretty well for me.
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

I have always been a Pikachu in every PMD game I played. Pikachu's one of the best Pokemon to be imo because Thunderbolt. Bolts of electrifying death to enemies one tile-space all around the player is da bomb. (Y)

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
LoudSilence
more like uncommon sense

Only recently started the game (Red Rescue Team), figured I'd answer the questions honestly and stick with the result.

I got Charmander (which I love), so I was pretty happy.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:08 AM
SmashinSwellow

Nature: Calm
I always turned out to be squirtle because my personality hasn't changed a whole bunch. I love squirtle so it is good that I have the right personality to always have it.
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Harmonious Fusion
ahih rei-yah, ahih chei-yan

Nature: Bashful
I was a Chikorita with a Cyndaquil partner in Red Rescue Team, and a Treecko with a Charmander partner in Explorers of Time. I answered the questions honestly for Chikorita, but I had to use a guide in order to get Treecko.

Alder. Alder, are you blind.

Old December 5th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Shadeh
KABOOM!

Nature: Jolly
In Time and Darkness I was aiming for a cyndaquil but always got Psyduck, Treeko, and frikin Skitty. grrrr
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
SnailCandy
Bass Dropper

Nature: Lonely
I was, or rather am currently, a Totodile. Very Jolly am I. I named myself Mako (So lame, right?), and my partner, Charmander, I named Kendall (GAH! This punny names are so awful!). And the only other team member I ever had was a Gible named Ripster. Team Fang. S'what we were. And we rocked!

"It takes someone strong to stand up for themselves, yet someone stronger to stand up for others" ~Unknown
Old December 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM
TheGuitahHeroe
i make songs with a computer

Send a message via AIM to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheGuitahHeroe Send a message via Skype™ to TheGuitahHeroe
I think the first time I played the first game, I was a Meowth. I ended up quitting that file (Meowth sucks) and starting a new one, and I got Cyndaquil.

I remember I always used to abuse the stat-raising minerals (zinc, iron, the like) on a recruited team member. I remember one game I recruited a Meditite in Mt. Steel (i think, my memory of the gameplay is a bit hazy) and every time I found/bought a stat-raising mineral, I'd give it to the Meditite. By the time I had beaten the main storyline and was able to change the lead member of my team, I would evolve the Meditite into Medichan and make it the leader, and just absolutely wipe out everything with it
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Warrior Rapter
Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer

I loved the PMD series, imho, it's one of the best, if not the best, of the pokemon side series games. In Red rescue team, I got Charmander, and in Explorers of Darkness, Torchic. I typically went with Pikachu as a partner pokemon, and I would go as full of a team as I could of various other pokemon. I really want to try the new MD, but without a 3DS or a 2DS, that's kinda hard.
Old December 27th, 2013, 01:43 PM
★ Aura Draydoblade ★
Lucario's Sword

Nature: Brave
Well, I have played Explorers of Time many, many times, and started over many, many times. I got Skitty the first time (don't laugh), Chimchar many times, Pikachu a couple of times, and in my current playthrough I am a Totodile with a Treecko partner.

In Gates to Infinity, I am Axew with a Tepig partner.
Old December 27th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Love PMD!! ^^ It's so fun and cute and colourful AND THEM LIL' SPRITES!! Squeeeeee! C:

On my first PMD (Blue) game (gave it back to sister within the hour, due to whinge session) I became a Charmander and had a Bulbsaur as a companion. :P

On Gates to Infinity, my first file, I became a Pikachu and had an Oshawott as a companion, then on the second file I became a Tepig and had Pikachu for a companion, workin' out nicely, yah! :D
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Someday
My Avi is edgy but OC

I turned out to be a Squirtle, and my partner was a Treecko. Water types are my favorite starters so I had no problem with this.
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

In my first and only Dungeon game, I was a Skitty in Blue. She's cute and all but... Yeah, I would have the lowest offenses. -_-
Old January 7th, 2014, 03:06 PM
TwerkingDiglett

Nature: Naughty
Explorers of Darkness:
Skitty with Pikachu partner. FML.

It's super effective!

Haters fainted.~
Old January 7th, 2014, 05:54 PM
iSkies

I ended up as an Eevee in Blue Rescue Team~ Picked a Pikachu as my partner to help deal with all the legendary birds that we'd have to face early on.
Old January 8th, 2014, 03:06 PM
firepokemon25

I was a mudkip in pokemon red rescue team
Old January 8th, 2014, 05:27 PM
lucariokul
Illusions surround me. Help...

Actually, me and my best friends all took the test on Sky, but all became Riolu somehow. lol. How cool seeing as he learns bite to take down dusknoir near the end of the game and he is one of my favourite pokemon.
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Blastin'Tyruntz
TeaM Spheal's favorite fossil

Nature: Gentle
WOW, i had lots:

Machop in Red rescue team
Squirtle in Blue rescue team
Chimchar in darkness
Turtwig in time
Riolu in sky

Fear me Humans!
Paired to some nice peoplez.
Old January 24th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
So I've only played the red one for ds

and I looked up how to get meowth. so I'm meowth.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:07 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
In sky i turned out to be a riolu which is kind of me casue i have a negative attitude towards older people and higher authority

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:41 PM
orangeralts21
Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet

Nature: Serious
I played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon once, Red Rescue Team, and was a Meowth. I stopped playing after a few minutes as the controls displeased me.

Cassandra's name came from Fading Tree, thanks for the input!

My Zetaboards Nuzlocke Forum Account
Old February 15th, 2014, 03:50 PM
HotChocletyQuilava
Sayounara

In PMD Sky, I was Riolu when I chose male option, and I was Eevee when I chose the female option. Either way, I'd play with the other as my partner since that's what I got on both quizzes during my playthroughs.

♬I am a little bit of loneliness a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can’t help the fact that everyone can see these scars
I am what I want you to want what I want you to feel
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, to just believe this is real♬
Old February 15th, 2014, 04:59 PM
OddOneChris

I never bought any mystery dungeon game because I wasn't sure what it was about!
can anyone explain it to me?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOneChris View Post
I never bought any mystery dungeon game because I wasn't sure what it was about!
can anyone explain it to me?
It's a dungeon crawler RPG with Pokemon. The storylines for the games are stronger than the main series games, in my opinion. There's more emotion and the themes are mature and treated as such. If you're interested, look up more information about the game, since it's hard to say if you'll like it or not. Some people love the series while others are turned off from the series because of the dungeon crawling aspect (and controls that are difficult to get used to).

If you do want to try the series, check out Explorers of Sky for the Nintendo DS. It's known as the best in the series. There's also Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, which are the first two in the series. Explorers of Sky has two companion games, Explorers of Darkness and Explorers of Time.

To answer the thread topic, I have two playthroughs. In Red Rescue Team, the personality test determined that the character was to be a Charmander, and he got a Pikachu for a partner. In Explorers of Darkness, the character is a Torchic with a Turtwig for a partner.

Sponsored Links