Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old November 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Mega Missingno

Advertise here
With the introduction of Pokemon X and Y, we've not only gotten yet another utterly adorable Eeveelution, Sylveon (the absolute cutest Eeveelution, by far, to date), but we got the new way to evolve pokemon through in-battle play, only- Mega Evolution. Quite a few old gen Pokemon got Mea evolutions, so do you guys think we'll ever see Megas for the Eevee family? Do they even need Mega evolutions? Would all of the Eveelutions be getting Megas, or a select few? Which Eveelution would you want to see for the Eevee line? The ones I'd most want to see Megas for are, naturally, Umbreon, and Espeon, above all else.
Feel free to add me!
3DS Pokemon X
FC: 4484-9033-5192
Old November 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM
Zero Percent
Loading... Please wait

Nature: Relaxed
If the Eevee family does indeed get a Mega Evolution, I hope it is Eevee itself (which would keep the Normal typing.)
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Beyond Infinity
Couldn't Outfox a Donkey

Nature: Jolly
I wonder which would come first; Mega Evolutions or "All Type" Evolutions.

Will there be a point where they stop making new Eeveelutions, or will it be once every type has an Eevee? In which case, they might Mega them from there.
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:06 PM
Oscairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_DJ View Post
If the Eevee family does indeed get a Mega Evolution, I hope it is Eevee itself (which would keep the Normal typing.)
Agreed. I think it would be a little unfair to give just one or a few of the eeveelutions a mega evolution. I do hope they come up with a ghost type though!
My 3DS Friend Code:
0447 - 6450 - 2819
• Safari Type •
• Pokémon in my Safari •

Old November 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Mega Missingno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Infinity View Post
I wonder which would come first; Mega Evolutions or "All Type" Evolutions.

Will there be a point where they stop making new Eeveelutions, or will it be once every type has an Eevee? In which case, they might Mega them from there.
I think they'll get megas before they get to giving Eevee an evolution for every type. Just seems more realistic, because mega Evolution is still something that's new and exciting, so there's more hope for some Eveelutions getting one of their own, rather than waiting Arceus knows how many more years for every single new type of Eeveelution to come out and then, give some Eveelutions a mega form.
Feel free to add me!
3DS Pokemon X
Old November 21st, 2013, 06:11 PM
DittosGonnaDitto
Failed Clone #123,456,789

If the Eeveelutions get their own Mega forms BEFORE we get Eeveelutions for all types, I personally wanna see the original three, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon get them.
Ditto's Response to Everything
"I can turn into literally anything. Thus, your argument is invalid."
Old November 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM
isthatyoudan
doesn't work well with others...

Nature: Quirky
I think it would be cool if evee was the "type" Pokémon, and could evolve into any type based on certain conditions.

Anyway, I agree with DittosGonnaDitto. If they megafy eveelutions, the original three should get the honour first.
All About Dan! (at the moment, at least)
Deep Thoughts...
The people of the Pokémon world aren't too creative. They named Pokémon after what sound they make. If we were like them, a cow would be called a "moo".

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old November 21st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Well, the way that each eeveelution looks always tells me that it's a mono-typing. I don't think it's necessary to have mega-eeveelutions to emphasize on their looks, so I don't think that's gonna happen.
Quote:
Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.
Old November 21st, 2013, 08:27 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
...and then GameFreak made the rest of the typings available via Megavolutions. ._.

quite realistic and possible since Eevee, the base form itself, is known to react with different stones.
You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old November 21st, 2013, 09:55 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscairy View Post
Agreed. I think it would be a little unfair to give just one or a few of the eeveelutions a mega evolution. I do hope they come up with a ghost type though!
Tell that to Gardevoir who got a Mega Evolution when her male only Counterpart evolution did not get a mega evolution.

I don't really see Eevee's evolutions getting Megas. Where as Eevee's special trait is adapting and evolving, his final forms aren't. They are supposed to be the end result and complete stabilizing of Eevee's genetic code.

I can't say I wouldn't mind it, but in all honesty, I do not see Gamefreak giving every evolved Pokemon a Mega Evolution. We may get a few more in Gen 7, but I wouldn't put any high hopes in Eevee's evolutions getting one unless they get insanely popular.
Old November 21st, 2013, 10:53 PM
Mega Missingno

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Tell that to Gardevoir who got a Mega Evolution when her male only Counterpart evolution did not get a mega evolution.

I don't really see Eevee's evolutions getting Megas. Where as Eevee's special trait is adapting and evolving, his final forms aren't. They are supposed to be the end result and complete stabilizing of Eevee's genetic code.

I can't say I wouldn't mind it, but in all honesty, I do not see Gamefreak giving every evolved Pokemon a Mega Evolution. We may get a few more in Gen 7, but I wouldn't put any high hopes in Eevee's evolutions getting one unless they get insanely popular.
it's really not all that unlikely, in my opinion, that at least some of Eevee's "end" forms could have a mega Form. Look at what mega Evolution is and how it can be achieved. It only occurs if the pokemon has a strong bond with the trainer (according to Bulbapedia). In the game, Lucario was able to Mega evolve when it joined you, because it resonated with you, early in the game, even under a completely different trainer. The starter toy got was able to mega evolve, because as your starter, it spent a lot of time with you through the game, and developed the bond that would allow you to later unlock its full potential through Mega evolution. If anything, if we're talking bonds between pokemon and trainer with, the Eeveelutions that evolved through friendship shouldve gotten their Mega forms first, since it was the Eevee line that actually started the whole pokemon evolving through friendship, and mega Evolution is kind of the next level beyond that.
Feel free to add me!
3DS Pokemon X
Old November 28th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Lolcatcomics
Novice Geek

What it when you selected 'Mega Evolution' from the fight screen, another menu popped up with all the different types Eevee can evolve into, and his mega evolution would be that type?.Or have eight different Eeveeites?
Old November 29th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
The only one where this is necessary is Flareon. Give him a Mega Evolution that speeds him up and makes him bulkier.
FC: 2148-8142-2372

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:15 PM
iLike2EatPiez
i want the puppy

I think it'd be best to just give a few of them megas; the original trio, or Sylveon exlusively, or Espeon/Umbreon... but all of them sounds like it'd be a bit overkill, and one for every type sounds way out there. I would really like to see what they'd do with them, though, as far as designs and stats go.
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:34 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Missingno View Post
it's really not all that unlikely, in my opinion, that at least some of Eevee's "end" forms could have a mega Form. Look at what mega Evolution is and how it can be achieved. It only occurs if the pokemon has a strong bond with the trainer (according to Bulbapedia). In the game, Lucario was able to Mega evolve when it joined you, because it resonated with you, early in the game, even under a completely different trainer. The starter toy got was able to mega evolve, because as your starter, it spent a lot of time with you through the game, and developed the bond that would allow you to later unlock its full potential through Mega evolution. If anything, if we're talking bonds between pokemon and trainer with, the Eeveelutions that evolved through friendship shouldve gotten their Mega forms first, since it was the Eevee line that actually started the whole pokemon evolving through friendship, and mega Evolution is kind of the next level beyond that.
A newly caught Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Heracross, Mawile, and Absol can all Mega Evolve as soon as you give them the Stone though. Bonds really don't have anything to do with it at all. Its just there for story and promotional reasons.

Eevee's evolution is supposed to be absolute. It was so unstable before that once it evolves that should be it. Gamefreak can always do it, yes, but it does break Eevee's special evolution quality. I'd say it'll be a long time to next to never before we'd see Eevee evolution mega forms.
Old December 1st, 2013, 01:53 AM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
I feel the eeveelutions are seperate forms of mega evolution for Eevee. Both use stones its just eevees are permanent.

PairFriend Code
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:22 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Sylveon was introduced in a generation that also introduced the mega stones. That makes me think it's unlikely for any of the Eeveelutions to have a Mega Evolution, but I don't work for Game Freak so my guess is just as good as anybody's. As some have said, Eevee could possibly get its own Mega Evolution but I don't know if that'll happen before all Eevee types are introduced. Again, my guess is as good as anyone else's.
Old December 1st, 2013, 09:50 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
I would rather not see Eevee-lutions get megas. I beleve that the Eevee-lutions themselves are mega's to Eevee, just permanent. Now if they ever are to, i beleve they will only do it to the first three from kanto. It wouldn't feel right with any others.
"Secrecy, once accepted, becomes an addiction"
-Edward Teller

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Fire

[ Kanto (LG) 0/8 ] [ Johto (SS) Mono 0/16 ] [ Hoenn (S) Mono 0/8 ] [ Sinnoh (P) 0/8 ] [ Unova (W2) 0/8 ] [ Kalos (X) 1/8 ]

I'm not inactive! Just extremely busy lately
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:16 AM
TheRestlessSoul

Like others have said, i hope GF make eeveelutions of all types before mega evolutions.. and even then i'm not sure if i'd like to see mega's..
What i really would like to see is a ghost eeveelution.. that would look awesome
Currently Playing: Pokemon Y

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4568-7335

Friend Safari:

National Dex Completion: 51%

Shiny Pokemon:
Old December 6th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Star11Pika
Stralende Ster

Nature: Gentle
I think that the Eeveelutions are not going to get an Mega evolution./ For what I think the just would be overpowered. Then it will less fun battling them because an Eeveelution is going to win anyway.

~Those who fly solo
Have the strongest wings~

FC 3ds: 5413 1220 4222 and my Friend safari: Crawdaunt, Liepard and Pawniard.
Old December 7th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
The eeveelution do not need megas as I think they would be a little over the top with power and win every battle it was in.
Old December 8th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Noibat
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Noibat
Maybe just eevee. I couldn't see the others getting one. Flareon does need a bit more love though

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here