• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2014
Bro hows it goin. This game is awsome. I like the idea of glacoen and leafeon in the game. I hope that this you caoild finsh by christmas and if not when will it be out? Keep working on this game
~koalos

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Sorry, I misread the text. I thought it was the Sun Stone not Sun Dust. Thanks for the sarcasm though jerk.
You're very welcome :) It's even in the first post too, it's just funny how you were like, "anyone figured it out yet?" when it's in the first post AND the download. Thanks for playing, though.

Is there really going to be a sequel to this game in the johto region? hope so :D
Hopefully, if everything goes as planned. It will be called Pokémon DarkCrystal, and the main characters are going to be Ethan, Lyra, and Kamon.

Bro hows it goin. This game is awsome. I like the idea of glacoen and leafeon in the game. I hope that this you caoild finsh by christmas and if not when will it be out? Keep working on this game
~koalos
This definitely won't be finished by Christmas. Hopefully I can finish it some time in 2014.

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Would you add some Gen 6 pokemon in the final beta?

Did you read the opening post? Anyway the answer in the Q&A is :

Q: There are 210 Pokémon in DarkViolet's Kanto Dex. Aren't there only 151 Pokémon in Generation I? What Pokémon have you added?
A: Pokémon from the first four Generations are available. Most of the added Pokémon are related to Generation I Pokémon. This means you can evolve your Golbat into Crobat. ALL Pokémon that are related to Generation I Pokémon by evolution are available, such as Crobat, Blissey, Politoed, Magmortar, Electivire, all Eevee evolutions, etc. There are a couple evolutionary families not related to Generation I Pokémon in any way.

Q: Will there be any Pokémon available besides the 210 in the Kanto Dex?
A: Nope, sorry. The only Pokémon available are the 210 Pokémon in the Kanto Dex. After all, the Generation I games only had 151 Pokémon. Think of this hack as a new Generation I.

Cheers,

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Why didn't the gym in vermilion get a makeover like in pewter and cerulean?
And why is there no tree to cut outside of the vermilion gym? Is the tree thing intentional or did you just forget to put it there? (lol)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Why didn't the gym in vermilion get a makeover like in pewter and cerulean?
And why is there no tree to cut outside of the vermilion gym? Is the tree thing intentional or did you just forget to put it there? (lol)
The Vermilion Gym in HG/SS is exactly the same as it was in FR/LG. So it didn't need a makeover because there was nothing to makeover.

And Jim Gai blocking the Gym until the S.S. Anne leaves fulfills the purpose of the cut tree. I think it's stupid to require an HM just to go to the Gym.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Hey I also tried to breed a female murkrow and a male fearow for the baby murkrow to have drill peck but when it hatched it didn't have it.Bulbapedia says that gen 3 murkrow can be bred with that move but it doesn't work for some reason..Any clue?

And as for the tree thing I never actually liked it there so thanks for getting rid of it :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hey I also tried to breed a female murkrow and a male fearow for the baby murkrow to have drill peck but when it hatched it didn't have it.Bulbapedia says that gen 3 murkrow can be bred with that move but it doesn't work for some reason..Any clue?
The father has to know the move. In DarkViolet, Spearow learns Drill Peck at Lv37, and Fearow learns Drill Peck at Lv47... Does your Fearow know Drill Peck? I kinda find it hard to believe that you trained a Pokemon to Lv47 in Beta 1 when it's only a 3 badge beta.

EDIT: Egg moves still work, I was able to get this by breeding a male Magmar and a female Hypno:
28k3rr6.png

Remember, the father has to actually have the move in one of its 4 move slots.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Does this also apply at gen4 and onward because I'm pretty sure i bred a crunch-knowing growlithe in heart gold without the father knowing it(can't remember what pokemon that was)..
Also I should have known this already so I'm sorry for taking your time with my stupidity :A

VerdeWare

...death is only the beginning
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2020
how did you do the custom move effects? I am going to make a hack and I would love to know how this works

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I'm so tired of running between cerulean and vermilion like every day
I think i caught every pokemon in the beta and evolved most of them so now i have 70+ pokemon on my pokedex but i can't help but play even though there's nothing left for me to do anymore cuz that's just how amazingly awesome this is so please do your best and release this as soon as frickin' possible :'(

2wise

2wise For You :P
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 1, 2014
Played the demo, or beta, and now I'm officially a fan. Like you said, it's very modern & sense of humor is awesome too. Can't wait for the final release! Cheers buddy!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
please make Mew an in-game obtainable pokemon cuz its actually a kanto pokemon and its never caught without mystery gift or whatever its called, and i really want to catch it at least once.I'm sure the others feel this way too right??

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Why is there a "pokepenus" item that I found with my item finder?
You're either lying or you're playing a hacked version of my hack. If you search "pokepenus" as a string with a hex editor, you won't find anything, meaning that there is no such thing in the entire ROM.

And not only that, but the Itemfinder isn't even obtainable in Beta 1!

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
As a Pokémon fan since the beginning, I was a bit curious about this hack and tried it. And I'm truly thrilled, because it doesn't only plays as a Red/Green/Blue remake, it has some new cool stuff like a second rival with the opposite gender, a underground market, a Pewter Museum hijacking by Team Rocket and the new S. S. Anne. It's a masterpiece of a remake and I'm excited for the full version.

However, I have a small question because of Fire Red/Leaf Green: Will you add the Sevii Islands too? (it doesn't need to be exactly like FRLG).

During the play I found a small, but harmless bug: When I want to watch in Bill's laptop about Vaporeon, his sprite is not seen, only question marks.

Back