• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
I'd edit the scripts but I'm still busy with the Mega Evolutions (should've finished them already, but didn't have the time). And oh, when you talked about the function codes, I didn't see it like that. I still think making a new flag would be best, since with a flag someone wouldn't need to edit the scripts to make new Powder Moves. Your method works, and it's actually much better and easier than I thought it was, but I'm gonna see if I figure out how to make a new flag. Regarding the other Trapping Moves, and Refrigerate and clones, once I have the time I'll try scripting these things, if no one else has done it before.

EDIT: Riol, you're probably doing something wrong. While I could give actual advice on what to do, this is not the place for it. Make your own thread, or PM me about it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
I'd edit but I'm still busy with the Mega Evolutions (should've finished them already, but didn't have the time). And oh, when you talked about the function codes, I didn't see it like that. I still think making a new flag would be best, since with a flag someone wouldn't need to edit the scripts to make new Powder Moves. Your method works, and it's actually much better and easier than I thought it was, but I'm gonna see if I figure out how to make a new flag. Regarding the other Trapping Moves, and Refrigerate and clones, once I have the time I'll try scripting these things, if no one else has done it before.
No problem and good luck with this project ;)

Oh by the way, long time ago I updated the type chart to add the fairy type, I will leave my changes here in case someone needs it.

Spoiler:

Edit: About the flags, you'll see I never bothered with that cause my project is not going to be open source so it's not a problem editing every function code cause nobody is going to add new attacks except me, I will take a look and see if I find something useful, anyway you should talk with maruno he's in charge of essentials after all.

Like a week or so I started this topic you should take a look http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313404

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
I understand that your project wouldn't be open source, and i think I'd do the same in your situation. But as you know this is supposed to be an Add-on that anyone can use, so creating a new Flag would be ideal. First I'm gonna see if I don't find where the flags are defined, after that making a new one sould be easy. If I don't find a way to do it, then I'll ask Maruno.

About your topic, "a week or so" I wasn't here :P and it's good that you figured how to do some of these things, but let me tell you I can't help with the rest. I'm not a super good scripter myself, like you I'm only learning as I go along, and just these past few days I've already PMed Maruno about half-a-dozen times for help or to answer some questions (I'm half expecting him to show up and say the exact number of times I've PMed him since I made this thread, and for that number to be more than 6, but at the same time I don't think he's entering this thread any time soon). (EDIT: Apparently, since I started this thread I've only PMed him twice. My memory is the worst)

Now I said I couldn't help you with the other issues but that shouldn't be entirely true. For starters, since there's no Pokémon Amie in Essentials, let's say Eevee evolves to Sylveon merely by leveling up while knowing a Fairy-type move. There's already an evolution method that requires a specific move to be known, you could just edit that and make an evolution method where instead of a specific move the Pokémon would need a move of a specific type (although you probably already created this evolution method).

Also, shouldn't there be a space between "Immunities=PSYCHIC" and "[18]"? Does your game work even without that space?

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Flags m through p are available for immediate use. I added them a while back specifically as spare flags, just in case. Adding any more will be quite tricky, though.

Flags would be my preferred solution in this case, rather than adding relevant code to each function code's effect which needs it. That's because it's much easier to change in the future, or to add new moves with those attributes. As someone who's almost exclusively worked on something which anyone else can use, my priority is to make things easy to use rather than bodge stuff together like game-makers can.

Also, shouldn't there be a space between "Immunities=PSYCHIC" and "[18]"? Does your game work even without that space?
The compiler doesn't care about blank lines (or lack thereof), at least in the types.txt file.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
I understand that your project wouldn't be open source, and i think I'd do the same in your situation. But as you know this is supposed to be an Add-on that anyone can use, so creating a new Flag would be ideal. First I'm gonna see if I don't find where the flags are defined, after that making a new one sould be easy. If I don't find a way to do it, then I'll ask Maruno.

About your topic, "a week or so" I wasn't here :P and it's good that you figured how to do some of these things, but let me tell you I can't help with the rest. I'm not a super good scripter myself, like you I'm only learning as I go along, and just these past few days I've already PMed Maruno about half-a-dozen times for help or to answer some questions (I'm half expecting him to show up and say the exact number of times I've PMed him since I made this thread, and for that number to be more than 6, but at the same time I don't think he's entering this thread any time soon). (EDIT: Apparently, since I started this thread I've only PMed him twice. My memory is the worst)

Now I said I couldn't help you with the other issues but that shouldn't be entirely true. For starters, since there's no Pokémon Amie in Essentials, let's say Eevee evolves to Sylveon merely by leveling up while knowing a Fairy-type move. There's already an evolution method that requires a specific move to be known, you could just edit that and make an evolution method where instead of a specific move the Pokémon would need a move of a specific type (although you probably already created this evolution method).

Yeah, already did that for sylveon, let me see...

In PokemonEvolution I added this

Code:
    when 26 # Sylveon
      # Add code for custom evolution type 1
      for i in 0...4
        return poke if pokemon.moves[i].id==level && pokemon.happiness>=220
end

So if Eevee has a certain move (charm in my case) and has 220 (or more) happiness it will evolve into sylveon if it level ups in battle.

In PokemonEditor and Compiler you have to change evoparams to this

Code:
      evoparams=[0,
         3,5,5,5,5,5,5]
Otherwise the game will crash cause It will be expecting a level instead of a certaing move name.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
for my sylveon i used this evo method

Code:
when 27 # Custom 2
       for i in 0...4
         return poke if pokemon.happiness>=220 && pokemon.moves[i].type==level
       end
only issue is if you want a pokemon to evolve if it has a normal type move as STRUGGLE also counts as normal so that condition is always true and not sure how to make it ignore STRUGGLE
probably because i didnt change evoparams the move type id is the numerical id of the move type and not its name but there you go

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Thanks Clay that's a better method. There's no problem with the Struggle thing though, because requiring a Normal-type move for evolution would be redundant, since Normal-type moves are almost omnipresent in movesets and if a pokémon were to evolve by knowing a Normal-type move it might as well evolve at level 2.

Maruno

Years
only issue is if you want a pokemon to evolve if it has a normal type move as STRUGGLE also counts as normal so that condition is always true and not sure how to make it ignore STRUGGLE
probably because i didnt change evoparams the move type id is the numerical id of the move type and not its name but there you go
That's not an issue. No Pokémon can ever learn the move Struggle. Pokémon are forced to use Struggle if they can't use any other move, but they can't learn it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
yh but still seams to affect it (im guessing its that as normal type appears to be the only one that dont work)

Maruno

Years
That's probably because blank moves (which are still instances of PBMove like regular moves) have a type of 0 or something (I'm not sure exactly what it's doing). You should only analyse moves whose ID is greater than 0 (i.e. actual moves).

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2018
I wish I had more free time to help on this project. If it helps I could compile the new cries from Th3shark's thread in a folder with proper naming. Unless someone else is doing that already.

Also I have an idea for Inkay's evolution method:
- Reach level 30 while being in certain map. This map could be a special area like the Distortion World, or any environment where everything's upside-down. This is the closest thing I could think of to the real method. And I guess this would need to be a new method on its own, because it has to be specifically lvl 30.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
i had made a method that allowed it to evolve at lvl 30 while holding an item (namely a mirror) guess inkay is the hardest
the pandas evo method was posted in an earlier thread so that can be done)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Maruno, what you think about this project? If this is successful, do you port, at least partially, the features?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
silly question but anyone got any ideas on how to add hoards and/or sky batles

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Hey guys sorry for the absence lately, been really busy, and truth is I still am busy, only dropped here to say this. But don't worry, I'll go back to working on this as soon as possible.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
vivillions forms depend upon the players physical location would this be possible in essentials (so if trade was possible you would need to trade with ppl all throughout the world eg japan, europe, america etc. to get each form)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
vivillions forms depend upon the players physical location would this be possible in essentials (so if trade was possible you would need to trade with ppl all throughout the world eg japan, europe, america etc. to get each form)
Or maybe making its forms change according to a variable that chooses a random number at the start of the game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 13, 2015
Hey,

EDIT: made this sound more concise

I just started trying to create more function codes for RPGmaker and was wondering if you would like to have me post them here for open use? Also I need someone to tell me how to include the new function codes as they do not add the desired effect when I add them to a move.

Thanks for your time, Reuben

Last edited:
Back