Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old November 29th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
does anybody ever battle Pokémon on a Pokémon game and just imagine you yourself in the game like you are the trainer in the game telling your Pokémon what to use as if it was you in the game and not your character? I find it more engaging than just playing the game. what do you do when doing this?
Old November 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
isthatyoudan
doesn't work well with others...

Nature: Quirky
I feel that way when I nickname my Pokémon. Normally in games, I don't nickname them, but I have for all my Pokémon in X. It makes me feel more attached to them. I always go, "Yes! You did! Awesome!" when my guys evolve. I also like to booyah opponents by talking with my Pokémon.
"Oh, you shouldn't have done that! My good ol' buddy Frogger (my frogadier) is gonna blast y'all! Oh snap! One-shot KO! WHAAAAAAAT?"
That was a bit much, but you get the picture.
All About Dan! (at the moment, at least)
Deep Thoughts...
The people of the Pokémon world aren't too creative. They named Pokémon after what sound they make. If we were like them, a cow would be called a "moo".

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old November 29th, 2013, 06:38 PM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Nature: Calm
I do that with books a lot...maybe of the player could also talk and not listen. I like nicknaming though.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old November 29th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I know exactly what you mean. Immersion is a big part of any game, and with Pokemon it's especially fun. For some reason though, I find immersion easier with the earlier games with less graphics capability. I guess it's because it's easier for me when there's less details filled in for me

Last edited by Sopheria; November 29th, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I used to do this when I was a kid, as it made the game feel more engaging. Every time I selected a move on battle screen, I used to silently whisper the name of attack as if I was actually commanding the Pokémon myself. d: I still do it now, but only in my mind.
for all distractions.
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I remember way back in the day I used to read the attacking text out loud as it was happening, but I probably haven't done that since Gold. I always have to nickname my Pokemon though, as it immerses me in the gameplay a little bit more, rather than just thinking of them as a bunck of data and pixels.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
Nah, not in the way you put it probably. But since I'm scarred from all my years of forum RPing, every character I play in games I feel and connect with in one way or another. Often, I make up background stories or personalities inside my head for characters that don't show much of that in games. Pokémon games are exceptionally easy to do this for, and that in turn reflects what team I create. It's nothing I do actively, it's just how I play games. Part of the experience :]

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old December 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

I find I do the same sort of thing, but less commanding my actual Pokémon and more just shouting at opponents for no reason. It almost shocks me, playing Pokémon gives me a really unnecessarily aggressive mentality - I don't take it seriously in any way, of course, but it's just funny to fake-rage at these NPCs and/or wild Pokémon who are more-or-less completely innocent.

"POISON!? How dare you use poison? No-one defies The Baron! Take this, you prick!"
Turnips shall rise.

Old December 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I did when I first started playing the series it seemed like was better that just playing the game.
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Rash
I never have. Not with pokemon at least. The stories in pokemon were never deep enough for me to want to do this.
Old December 5th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Quite an interesting question, because playing a game as addicting as Pokemon does really make you feel like you're a part of this world; you can't seem to get your mind out of it for the rest of the week at least.

I do often do that sort of thing, especially if I'm competitive battling I speak commands to Pokemon just like ordinary Trainers from the anime. I can do that because other people won't be able to hear my loud voice.
Quote:
Boilurn, the Scald Pokemon and the evolved form of Hottle. It can burn the holder by the lightest of touches when it boils. It can boil 3 gallons of water in one minute.
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I always do! xD;; I get much more attached to the game and my Pokemon that way. Sometimes I even envision my battles with more depth and strategy than just simple turn-based battles, which makes it a lot more fun. I'm quite imaginative. :)

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
All the time, and not just in the games, but I also do that when I'm roleplaying as well. I'm always acting out my character, which takes me inside my own imaginative world where I play my characters...battling, and training my Pokemon at my own time. It's so fun that way.
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here